help killing enemy.

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 pink77punk

pink77punk

• Members

Posted 31 January 2008 - 11:27 AM

I need help killing an enemy.

Im playing Fall uh de honky pig. Im in the 4th castle. I get to a small room with 3 of the triple bats and this other enemy. The other enemy is a blue fly with little orange flies going in a circle around it. (I think its called patra, but I may be wrong.)

How do I get rid of the blue fly ? I've tried burning it, wacking it with the sword, shooting arrows, and bombing it. Not working, and it keeps clobbering me.

Any help will be appreciated. Thanks.

P.S. Yes, I realize asking this question moves me in to the 'lame' category.

#2 LostInHyru1e

LostInHyru1e

Can you take me as far as PureZC?

• Members

Posted 31 January 2008 - 11:38 AM

Don't call yourself lame, everyone's new at some point. icon_smile.gif You have to take out all of the orange patras first, then the blue one. The blue one can be killed with your sword, I think.

#3 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 31 January 2008 - 11:58 AM

Yes, the middle one is killed with the sword. You have to kill the outer ones, and then the inner one.

#4 pink77punk

pink77punk

• Members

Posted 31 January 2008 - 01:34 PM

Thanks. Will try to kill the outer ones first. But, what weapon to use? the sword doesnt seem to work........

#5 CastChaos

CastChaos

Deified

• Members

Posted 31 January 2008 - 01:55 PM

The sword and the hammer can kill the outer patras then the main patra. The hammer has the power of the third sword, but slower. Also, watch out not to touch the main patra, ever. It stings very hard!

#6 SofaKing

SofaKing

Defender

• Members

Posted 31 January 2008 - 08:01 PM

Patras are considered pretty "advanced," boss-type enemies. I recall that the Patra in L4 of Fall uh de Honky Pig (a nice little quest, BTW), seemed a tad out of place difficulty-wise relative to the rest of the quest, and that I fell to that Patra more than once.

But, anyway, the posts are correct. You have to kill the outside flies with either your sword or the hammer, and each takes multiple strikes to kill. Then you have to kill the center fly, which actually isn't hard once his helpers have been eliminated. The best strategy for me has always been to wait until the circle is in it's tighter formation, find the right place to stand, slash away, carefully watch to make sure the Patra isn't advancing on me (and adjusting my position accordingly), then retreating to the outside of the room when the flies go to their wider formation.

Keep trying. You'll get it. Another nice thing is that in most quests, once killed, Patras don't respawn.

#7 Old-Skool

Old-Skool

Hero of Time

• Members

Posted 31 January 2008 - 08:07 PM

Y'know, I wonder if Zquest should come with a directory on enemies describing them and their weaknesses. Add to that their default position in the tile directory and their Palette and Cset, and we got it made.

#8 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 31 January 2008 - 08:53 PM

QUOTE(Old-skool @ Jan 31 2008, 05:07 PM) View Post

Y'know, I wonder if Zquest should come with a directory on enemies describing them and their weaknesses. Add to that their default position in the tile directory and their Palette and Cset, and we got it made.

Isn't there one in the ZC documentation wiki? And if there is not, there is a list in LTM's tutorial.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users