Hyrule vs Terima (version 1.0)

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#1 Old Inactive Member

Old Inactive Member

I'm back sorta.

• Members

Posted 18 December 2007 - 05:14 PM

As HvT is finshed and the last beat is being tested I'm making the topic to relese the quest so wait untill the 20th of December

WARRNING THIS QUEST IS SLIGLY DRIFENT FROM THE EXPO ONE More info later.

Now the information of the quest:

This quest has been in devloment for almost 1 year as it only satred as a test zone for the new beats it devloped into a big real quest after feburaty i cancled my main project Link's Bath DX but thats anthore story.

Story:

Thanks to tach chopper for rewriting my story to make it sound better

00 years after the hero of Twilight (there is absolutely no reference to Link's name in TP), there were two different lands, Terima and Hyrule. One day, there was a flash of blinding light and Terima appeared next to Hyrule. Now Terima's people were happy, and didn't seem to care that their new neighbours were plotting against them, and the Royal Family were never planning on attacking Hyrule but then one fateful day in July, Hyrule invaded Terima and the king died because one of the Hyrule guards thought he was going to try and take over their land. Grieving, The Prince of Terima Heany the 8th said to his sister "I will get my revenge on Hyrule".

45 years later, Hyrule was a peaceful place. Link was a friend of Zelda and once saved her from Ganon but Ganon was still alive. He
found the King of Terima and wanted to get back at Hyrule for what the Hyrule Army did 45 years before. So, he bargained with the Terima King, who, in exchange for a small fortune, allowed Ganon an enormous army of Teriman Warriors, who managed to cross the border back into Hyrule with one sole objective: kidnap Princess Zelda, and erase anyone who tried to stop them. The knights got their hands on Zelda, but just as they did, Link came flying through a window and fought off an army with a puny sword. Zelda was taken by some guards and locked up so here begins HvT.

Discription:

Well HvT has been based burried and well destoryed by other members here but i've redone the overwrold from HvT Version 0.0000001 .

Screens:
Some may be out of date some may be out of pallet becasue of the warring above
here you go
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image

WARRING EDITION:
Known bugs that may not be fixed:
Strings messed up pepole saying the wrong things at the wrong times

This is a winter ediotion of HvT so there is a lot of white

Warring for certin pepole: Before you downlaod if you suffer from mirgrans never downlaod any Hyrule vs Terima as it has flashing lights in it.

Download: http://billyronald.g....com/HVT1.1.zip

Also thanks to all my testers
Cridets:
Tilesets:

Mr.Z
WildBill (pure 1)

Losse Tiles:

Revfan 9
Shoelace
Radine
SD

Please if your name is not there please say now
Thank you and thanks for playing

Tasks:
As it's still not out here is the finle information

FInsh testing
Fix bugs
send last copy to teststers
Post here

scorry the the game just needs a few touches then it will be out

Edited by billy ronald, 01 January 2008 - 06:14 PM.

#2 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 19 December 2007 - 11:10 AM

This is a winter edition of HvT so there is a lot of white

So when does the not winter edition come out?

Anyways, it looks really good. I can't wait for it to be released.

#3 Old Inactive Member

Old Inactive Member

I'm back sorta.

• Members

Posted 19 December 2007 - 11:12 AM

After New year the chritmas edition is just a small change

Also there will be bugs so please just report them and not complan about them.

#4 LostInHyru1e

LostInHyru1e

Can you take me as far as PureZC?

• Members

Posted 19 December 2007 - 02:09 PM

Billy - why not get rid of the bugs, so we have nothing to complain about? icon_razz.gif If you're going to submit this to the DB, you could lose stars for it being buggy.

#5 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 19 December 2007 - 05:28 PM

QUOTE(LostInHyru1e @ Dec 19 2007, 11:09 AM) View Post

Billy - why not get rid of the bugs, so we have nothing to complain about? icon_razz.gif If you're going to submit this to the DB, you could lose stars for it being buggy.

That is one view. The other way to look at it is people find so many bugs that the give it a lot of stars just for sarcasm, and your very buggy quest becomes a five star quest.

#6 LostInHyru1e

LostInHyru1e

Can you take me as far as PureZC?

• Members

Posted 19 December 2007 - 05:46 PM

Heh, I hadn't thought of that. icon_razz.gif

#7 Moonbread

Moonbread

Playing With Psychos

• Members
  • Pronouns:They / Them

Posted 19 December 2007 - 11:52 PM

Discription:

Well HvT has been based burried and well destoryed by other members here but i've redone the overwrold from HvT Version 0.0000001 .

I've had the last straw with this. None of us have "destroyed" your quest. In fact, most of us have tried to help you. Problem is, you just can't accept that some people know what they're doing more than you do. So what? The fact is, the real problem your quest is supposedly "destroyed" is because you're too lazy to bring out the full potential of PTUX. It's not that you're bad with the set, you're just too lazy to spend a lot of time developing screens. Frankly, I see quite a bit of potential in your shots. But look how many tiles on the combo list you're disregarding. You don't have to spend 10 minutes on every screen, but you should consider that when you think you've finished a screen what you can still add to it.

And so what if you had no supporters? If you had done an amazing job on something, but no one realized it, someone might have if they decided to play it one day, and tell everyone that it was great. The point is that while it's nice to have supporters, they're not required. A quest isn't made from having supporters. It comes from your own creativity and work ethic.

#8 Old Inactive Member

Old Inactive Member

I'm back sorta.

• Members

Posted 20 December 2007 - 11:09 AM

QUOTE(LostInHyru1e @ Dec 19 2007, 07:09 PM) View Post

Well it was planed for the summer but since something that happned it has been prosponed untill today

QUOTE(Moonwhisper @ Dec 20 2007, 04:52 AM) View Post

I've had the last straw with this. None of us have "destroyed" your quest. In fact, most of us have tried to help you. Problem is, you just can't accept that some people know what they're doing more than you do. So what? The fact is, the real problem your quest is supposedly "destroyed" is because you're too lazy to bring out the full potential of PTUX. It's not that you're bad with the set, you're just too lazy to spend a lot of time developing screens. Frankly, I see quite a bit of potential in your shots. But look how many tiles on the combo list you're disregarding. You don't have to spend 10 minutes on every screen, but you should consider that when you think you've finished a screen what you can still add to it.

And so what if you had no supporters? If you had done an amazing job on something, but no one realized it, someone might have if they decided to play it one day, and tell everyone that it was great. The point is that while it's nice to have supporters, they're not required. A quest isn't made from having supporters. It comes from your own creativity and work ethic.

I'm sick of these responses this is why i say my quest is based
"look screen disen bad so i bet the gamplay is the same" Well iut's NOT and this is the message i'm trying to get past (but i was a bit mad at being beat by Classic at SotW and i know shot of the week is about screen desine but...)

The quest will be ready in a few mins to an hour watch this space

#9 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 20 December 2007 - 12:30 PM

QUOTE(billy ronald @ Dec 20 2007, 08:09 AM) View Post

The quest will be ready in a few mins to an hour watch this space

1 hour and 19 minutes later, it's not released. Hurry! Release it! Please.

#10 Old Inactive Member

Old Inactive Member

I'm back sorta.

• Members

Posted 20 December 2007 - 01:05 PM

Somthing came up and well it's out now cheack the frist post

Can a mod change the Topic Description to out now

#11 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 21 December 2007 - 06:06 PM

I found a few bugs, but they are just monir (mostly Link doesn't hold up items). One thing that should be added is the rule "messages freeze all action". And there are two game stopping bugs. Firstly, there is a room where you need to throw the boomerang south east. There is a ZC bug that prevents this, so you should move the switch. Secondly, after you get the level 2 boomerang, a trap prevents from going back. If you quit, when you come back, you won't be able to proceed anymore. Please update the quest to fix these bugs.

#12 Old Inactive Member

Old Inactive Member

I'm back sorta.

• Members

Posted 21 December 2007 - 06:14 PM

Well it would be easery if you told me the level (ok fire tower) but's it's been made like that and i'm not going to be fixing bugs untill after chritmas so i'm just going to list them.

ZC Bug? Worked when i tested it what version are you using.

#13 Colin

Colin

Coblin the Goblin

• Members

Posted 21 December 2007 - 06:34 PM

QUOTE(billy ronald @ Dec 18 2007, 03:14 PM) View Post

IPB Image
Please if your name is not there please say now

You're using the "A" and "B" subscreen frames I drew.

I'll be downloading the finished version, I don't see why I shouldn't anyway. Let's see how this turns out.

Edited by Nuvo, 21 December 2007 - 06:35 PM.

#14 Old Inactive Member

Old Inactive Member

I'm back sorta.

• Members

Posted 22 December 2007 - 05:55 PM

This is the finle version (the rest will just be bug fixes)

Also i better add you to the credits

Edit: I frogot to say they don't work well in the DGN Cset 9 in PTUX

Edited by billy ronald, 22 December 2007 - 05:56 PM.

#15 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 22 December 2007 - 06:09 PM

Could you please fix the two bugs in the tower of flames (or whatever level 1 is called). I can't go any further in the game untill they are fixed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users