856 replies to this topic

#31 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 18 April 2013 - 05:43 AM

QUOTE(thepsynergist @ Apr 18 2013, 08:09 PM) View Post
I can't say I'm a fan of the naming scheme, as it sounds like for the first time, Nintendo not sure what to call their next Zelda game. Calling something, "2" seems like such a cop-out.
I think it's a placeholder name since Nintendo aren't that cheap and the logo in the trailer (one of them I believe) lacks the subtitle "ALTTP 2".

Edited by Shane, 18 April 2013 - 05:44 AM.

#32 Nicholas Steel

Nicholas Steel

Hero of Time

• Members

Posted 18 April 2013 - 06:14 AM

I dislike the animations, find the cliff faces fugly as all heck and hope to god it doesn't require the touch screen to roll, move, attack or use most items.

#33 Orithan

Orithan

Studying Scientist - Commission from Silvixen

• Members

Posted 18 April 2013 - 06:59 AM

Just watched the trailer.
I wouldn't say that this is 'OMG AWSHUM' good, but I like this and the fact that they are going back to LttP for inspiration makes this the more impressive.
Though, the graphics could be a little darker (even when on the lowest lighting settings on my 3DS, it still looks very bright for me) and I liked that they kept in the Stamina Meter. I admit; it felt clunky at times in SS, but I didn't expect Nintendo to get it perfect the first time around. Hopefully this one will be better.
And no, I don't want this to be controlled exclusively by the touchscreen. Shovelware being shoved down my throat like that was what killed PH/ST for me, and I don't want that happening to this game (I don't mind SOME touchscreen controls, especially if they are optional, but that form of overkill... souleaterexcaliburface.jpeg).

#34 Sheik

Sheik

Deified

• Members

Posted 18 April 2013 - 07:04 AM

They will probably go touch-screen and overly relying on the 3D feature. After all, they are Nintendo and what they do is add useless gimmicks to perfectly fine games to have something they can market as groundbreaking and totally new etc. It's sad but true.

Still, depending on what direction this will take (as further videos will surely show) I might just have to buy a 3DS to play it.

#35 Orithan

Orithan

Studying Scientist - Commission from Silvixen

• Members

Posted 18 April 2013 - 07:31 AM

QUOTE(Sheik @ Apr 18 2013, 10:04 PM) View Post

They will probably go touch-screen and overly relying on the 3D feature. After all, they are Nintendo and what they do is add useless gimmicks to perfectly fine games to have something they can market as groundbreaking and totally new etc. It's sad but true.

I define 'useless gimmicks' as functions that were felt like they were intergrated into the game or system for the sake of it rather than something that has well-thought-out practical functions. The 3D function on the 3DS is a gimmick (purely there for cosmetic effect, with no practical usage ingame), the control system used for the DS zeldas was gimmicky while the Wii-Remote usage for Skyward Sword was not (in SS' case; the different attacks offered by swinging the Wii-Remote in different ways felt realistic, practical and could have not been realistically achieved with buttons or joysticks unlike the ones in TP, so therefore not gimmicky). The only DS games that used the touchscreen excessively that I can think of ATM were the two DS zeldas and various other early DS games, where Nintendo was using the touchscreen function to sell the consoles.
Nintendo did the same with the Wii, as they focused intently on using the Wii-remote's pointing function and motion controls to sell that console early on in it's lifespan.
If anything they would try to go overboard with the 3D function (which actually works well in this game), because that's what Nintendo have been trying to use as the main selling point for the 3DS.

#36 Avaro

Avaro

o_o

• Members

Posted 18 April 2013 - 07:42 AM

Personally I liked the touch screen controls of PH and ST. I do not care if this game will use them or not, but it definetly looks a huge lot of fun and i can't wait for this game to come out. Finally Nintendo got me to buying a 3DS, because Zelda remakes are boring and completely new zelda games are always great! ;D

#37 Koh

Koh

Tamer Koh

• Members

Posted 18 April 2013 - 08:55 AM

QUOTE(Avataro @ Apr 18 2013, 08:42 AM) View Post

Personally I liked the touch screen controls of PH and ST. I do not care if this game will use them or not, but it definetly looks a huge lot of fun and i can't wait for this game to come out. Finally Nintendo got me to buying a 3DS, because Zelda remakes are boring and completely new zelda games are always great! ;D

I wouldn't say that...I'd love to get HD-2D remakes of the Oracle games. I'd play them to death.

#38 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators

Posted 18 April 2013 - 08:57 AM

I'm so glad they didn't decide a remake over an original Zelda game. After all this "remake x" craze.

Edited by Shane, 18 April 2013 - 08:57 AM.

#39 Moonbread

Moonbread

Playing With Psychos

• Members
  • Pronouns:They / Them

Posted 18 April 2013 - 11:12 AM

QUOTE(Sheik @ Apr 18 2013, 08:04 AM) View Post

Still, depending on what direction this will take (as further videos will surely show) I might just have to buy a 3DS to play it.

I doubt it. It looks much more button based, particularly that previous trailers of Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks all put really big focus on moving Link with the touch screen. I'm pretty sure they intend to go fully back to the roots (regardless of the stamina meter). And what I hope they do with the 3D is pretty much just what they did in the trailer. It essentially just makes the game look better.

#40 klop422

klop422

Guess I'm full of monsters and treasure

• Members

Posted 18 April 2013 - 11:39 AM

Nintendo already did this with Inishie no Sekiban (Ancient Stone Tablets). True, that wasn't released outside Japan, but I, personally, would prefer it is they rereleased Irshinie no Sekiban (mabye in a more classic Zelda Style, though).
Also, I guess this, chronoligically, comes between aLttP and OoX. This would mean that the same Link would appear again, giving this Link five games. He's had enough fame.
The good thing abot this is that this game would be the first non 8-bit game in the decline timeline. So... Yay.
What I really want is a sequel of Zelda II.

#41 Moonbread

Moonbread

Playing With Psychos

• Members
  • Pronouns:They / Them

Posted 18 April 2013 - 12:21 PM

Except that ALttP isn't 8-bit. icon_razz.gif

#42 Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

smash the bye button

• Members

Posted 18 April 2013 - 12:39 PM

Confirmed: you control with the buttons: link!

#43 Avaro

Avaro

o_o

• Members

Posted 18 April 2013 - 12:46 PM

QUOTE(Migokalle @ Apr 18 2013, 07:39 PM) View Post

Confirmed: you control with the buttons: link!

Oh wow! The boss looks amazing. I really hope this game will be released this or next year, but not longer :O

#44 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 18 April 2013 - 12:48 PM

No. No. No no no no no no. Why Moldorm!? Why!? Hasn't he annoyed me enough already? Argh...

It does look pretty cool, but it makes me wonder if all the bosses are just gonna be rehashes of LttP's, or if they just picked Moldorm since he's the one that everybody remembers (for all the wrong reasons).

#45 Jared

Jared

Deified

• Members

Posted 18 April 2013 - 12:56 PM

...PEOPLE GOT TO PLAY?! *jealous*

(You can hear Yoshi in the background. icon_razz.gif)

Edited by Jared, 18 April 2013 - 12:56 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users