• Please log in to reply
832 replies to this topic

#1 Jenny

Jenny

Hero of Time

• Members
  • Pronouns:She / Her

Posted 07 January 2013 - 09:46 PM

So as I was on Bulbagarden, I came across a interesting topic, to say the least.

http://m.neogaf.com/....php?p=46058718

Apparently, there is going to be three new Pokemon games, launched simultaneously, and if what I've read here is true, well we've got some interesting stuff coming for us.

The thing that interesting me the most was the supposed Digital type. What would the One Pure digital type Pokemon look like? What past Pokemon would get the digital type, if any? Would Porygon get it?

Giving dual Digital/othertype a 4x weakness / resistance seems kinda silly, as if Porygon gets digital type, it'd now have a 4x weakness to fighting, and that's already a huge problem for it.

They also say that there will be plenty of new Pokemon, including Digital types and Evoloutions of past Pokemon. While this may be interesting, I'm kinda interested/scared to see what's to come, even if this is all a bunch of BS.

What are your thoughts on this?

#2 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 07 January 2013 - 09:55 PM

Not buying it. I've heard a slightly more believable rumor earlier here, but again, I'm not buying that one either. Knowing Pokemon, it'll probably be another Mystery Dungeon game or something. Maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised. I'd love to be. But I'm not expecting it.

#3 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 07 January 2013 - 09:56 PM

I heard completely different rumors... such as there's gonna be one game for 3DS and an app for Wii U. And the 3DS game would encompass all the past regions. So at this point I'm inclined to say both rumors are BS, though admittedly both sound interesting. One, this rumor sounds interesting because there'd supposedly be new mechanics. It's about time for a shake-up. Two, the one about revisiting all areas is interesting even if it doesn't change the mechanics, because come on, being able to go everywhere and become a champion in every region, even if it's all the same, that's just awesome.

... so I hope at least one of these is true, but probably both will be fake. icon_frown.gif

#4 Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

smash the bye button

• Members

Posted 07 January 2013 - 09:57 PM

Well, they're revealing whatever the future for the franchise is tomorrow, so I suppose we'll see then. Personally though, I will only play it if it actually has something new to offer. Black 2 was a major disappointment.

Being a hypocrite though, I would buy a Ruby and Sapphire-remake. That makes me a sad person.

#5 Jenny

Jenny

Hero of Time

• Members

Posted 07 January 2013 - 10:00 PM

QUOTE(Russ @ Jan 7 2013, 09:55 PM) View Post

Not buying it. I've heard a slightly more believable rumor earlier here, but again, I'm not buying that one either. Knowing Pokemon, it'll probably be another Mystery Dungeon game or something. Maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised. I'd love to be. But I'm not expecting it.
Well, the Mystery Dungeon game is already known about, so I don't think that would be it.

The rumors in there are something that I've been wanting to see in a Pokemon game for a long time, so I'm kinda hoping a bit that it's not complete BS.

QUOTE(The Satellite @ Jan 7 2013, 09:56 PM) View Post

I heard completely different rumors... such as there's gonna be one game for 3DS and an app for Wii U. And the 3DS game would encompass all the past regions. So at this point I'm inclined to say both rumors are BS, though admittedly both sound interesting. One, this rumor sounds interesting because there'd supposedly be new mechanics. It's about time for a shake-up. Two, the one about revisiting all areas is interesting even if it doesn't change the mechanics, because come on, being able to go everywhere and become a champion in every region, even if it's all the same, that's just awesome.

... so I hope at least one of these is true, but probably both will be fake. icon_frown.gif
I never heard that, but it does seem like it'd be very interesting to see. I'm kinda hoping one of these is true too, but I'm not about to get my hopes up.

QUOTE(Migokalle @ Jan 7 2013, 09:57 PM) View Post

Well, they're revealing whatever the future for the franchise is tomorrow, so I suppose we'll see then. Personally though, I will only play it if it actually has something new to offer. Black 2 was a major disappointment.

Being a hypocrite though, I would buy a Ruby and Sapphire-remake. That makes me a sad person.
I probably would too, but since nothing is really known yet, I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Edited by Dragonite, 07 January 2013 - 10:02 PM.

#6 Rambly

Rambly

Hero of Time

• Members

Posted 07 January 2013 - 10:09 PM

It's gonna be a sequel to Pokémon Snap. Calling it now.
  • Haylee likes this

#7 Jenny

Jenny

Hero of Time

• Members

Posted 07 January 2013 - 10:14 PM

That'd be a major disappointment.

If anything, I'm going to say it's Ruby and Sapphire remakes.

Edited by Dragonite, 07 January 2013 - 10:14 PM.

#8 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 07 January 2013 - 10:22 PM

I believe R/S remakes were strongly hinted at before, so I wouldn't be surprised. That said... not sure how I'd feel about them. On the one hand, I'd love to see Hoenn in 3D (because let's face it, it's the most beautiful region). However, I feel like Emerald was superior to R/S in every way, so doing an R/S remake instead of an Emerald remake would seem incredibly counter-productive. And then... do we really need to start remaking every game when it becomes two generations old? Like, I might like an Emerald remake, but at the same time, I... I dunno. A sequel to Emerald though, now that could be cool.

#9 The Satellite

The Satellite

• Members

Posted 07 January 2013 - 10:24 PM

QUOTE(Rambly @ Jan 7 2013, 10:09 PM) View Post
It's gonna be a sequel to Pokémon Snap. Calling it now.

Is it bad I'd actually play this? icon_heh.gif

If it's Gen III remakes, definitely passing. You know what I want though? A new Pokemon Stadium, maybe for Wii U, with connectivity to the DS games wirelessly, or more likely new 3DS games, since they could add that feature. I dunno, I'm just sorta speculating here. We won't know till the announcement comes along.

#10 Jenny

Jenny

Hero of Time

• Members

Posted 07 January 2013 - 10:30 PM

I'd definetely like to see a Pokemon Stadium for the Wii U, so I can tear shit up in the minigames since it's been so long since they last released one. (unless you count Battle Revoloution)

#11 The Satellite

The Satellite

• Members

Posted 07 January 2013 - 10:32 PM

I don't know anything about that one, I assumed it didn't have connectivity to the DS games, which is the major factor contributing to a Stadium game. I liked building teams then importing them so that I could kick ass. And it'd be much more possible now with no extra equipment, thanks to WiFi and wireless agents. But, we shall see.

#12 kurt91

kurt91

Follower of Destiny

• Members

Posted 07 January 2013 - 10:32 PM

I kind of liked Pokemon Snap. My biggest issue with it was that it was too simple, didn't even have all 151 original pokemon, and very short. I wouldn't mind a new HD Snap game with all the pokemon we've seen so far, more environments, and possibly areas that weren't on rails, as a sort of first-person exploration-based game. Add an HP system for those times when you logically should be taking damage (That flamethrower from Charizard should have toasted him, at the very least) or even just to claim that you're trying to prevent the camera from getting damaged and losing your pictures, if you're not willing to accept people getting hurt and think it's too dark for a pokemon game.

Add in a better upgrade system such as tools that you'd use for hunting, like a spray to mask your scent so you can get closer without spooking the pokemon and scaring them away, and I'd be pretty happy with it. Even better would be if the scoring system was changed from just being centered and up close. I'd love being able to take the environment into account, and get a massive score by taking a picture of the sunrise with a flock of Pidove flying through all the beautiful colors.

Yeah, a new Pokemon Snap could be really awesome. Why haven't we gotten one yet?

Oh yeah, and the Wii U tablet would make a perfect camera that you hold up to your TV screen to take the pictures.

Edited by kurt91, 07 January 2013 - 10:34 PM.

#13 Rambly

Rambly

Hero of Time

• Members

Posted 07 January 2013 - 10:33 PM

QUOTE(The Satellite @ Jan 7 2013, 09:24 PM) View Post
Is it bad I'd actually play this? icon_heh.gif
Nah. The original Pokémon Snap had really cool mechanics but it was kinda short + easy. I think a sequel would honestly be really cool! But it's never gonna happen.

#14 Jenny

Jenny

Hero of Time

• Members

Posted 07 January 2013 - 10:39 PM

I remember having Pokemon Snap on the Nintendo 64.

While it was an interesting game and all, it's not really anything I'd probably buy a sequel to.

#15 Dawnlight

Dawnlight

My name is NOT Jason!

• Members

Posted 08 January 2013 - 06:52 AM

Pokemon X and Y announced for October 2013.

Finally! A REAL 3D POKEMON GAME. It took this long and we finally got one.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users