Legend of Korra

• Please log in to reply
287 replies to this topic

#1 Beefster

Beefster

Human Being

• Members

Posted 10 April 2012 - 02:20 PM

Legend of Korra is airing its premiere on Nickelodeon this Saturday! Who's excited?

< This guy is.

ADDENDUM: as of this post, my postcount matches my birth year. Only 8 posts to go until my 2000th post. icon_biggrin.gif

Edited by Beefster, 10 April 2012 - 02:21 PM.

#2 Din

Din

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 10 April 2012 - 02:23 PM

Didn't expect this. Avatar: The Last Airbender was a very well-made cartoon, and I have a feeling that this one will be just as good.

#3 Tree

Tree

Everything must go away

• Members

Posted 10 April 2012 - 02:49 PM

I absolutely love Avatar the last airbender. It was my favorite cartoon ever. I'm super excited about this new series. I can know it's going to be just as good/better than the original series.

#4 Beefster

Beefster

Human Being

• Members

Posted 10 April 2012 - 02:58 PM

Of course it's going to be good. The creators put actual thought into it instead of just making the sequel for the money like everyone else does.

Reminds me of Pixar now that I think of it...

#5 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 10 April 2012 - 03:01 PM

I've seen the first two episodes, and I've gotta say, ... eh, I'll put it in spoiler tags for the hell of it.

Spoiler

#6 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 10 April 2012 - 03:04 PM

I learned yesterday that it was premiering this week. And I freaked out. I'm probably way too excited for this... but I love Avatar, and I'm sure this series will be just as good as the original. The more modern theme they seem to have going on from what I've seen looks a bit... well, not very Avatar-ish, but I'm sure they'll make it work.

#7 Beefster

Beefster

Human Being

• Members

Posted 10 April 2012 - 03:12 PM

Oh come on. Everything is better steampunk. icon_deformed.gif

#8 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 10 April 2012 - 03:47 PM

Eh, I dunno. Steampunk can be cool in some places, but with Avatar, it almost seems like they're just shoveling in it to see what happens. Avatar always seemed like more of an ancient world setting. Then again, it'll be interesting to see how it works in a more modern environment (if I can called Steampunk "modern").

#9 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 10 April 2012 - 04:02 PM

wow you fucking killjoy shut the fuck up you love Avatar now

Edited by The Satellite, 18 August 2020 - 01:33 AM.

#10 Twilight Knight

Twilight Knight

Tell all with glee, Argon's on PureZC

• Members

Posted 10 April 2012 - 05:24 PM

Saw the first episode and loved it. Looks like this will be epic.

I never expected them to make a sequel to this wonderful show!

#11 Tree

Tree

Everything must go away

• Members

Posted 10 April 2012 - 05:55 PM

QUOTE(Russ @ Apr 10 2012, 02:47 PM) View Post

Eh, I dunno. Steampunk can be cool in some places, but with Avatar, it almost seems like they're just shoveling in it to see what happens. Avatar always seemed like more of an ancient world setting. Then again, it'll be interesting to see how it works in a more modern environment (if I can called Steampunk "modern").

There was a little steampunk in the original series. All ridiculous Fire Nation mobiles? Those were definitely very steampunk-ish.
But the original series was pretty much set and inspired by ancient Chinese culture so I do agree that it doesn't fit as well with Avatar as it does with other series'.

#12 Beefster

Beefster

Human Being

• Members

Posted 14 April 2012 - 12:41 PM

Okay. The premiere confirmed that this show will be even better than the original series. Can't wait for episode 3!

#13 Jared

Jared

Deified

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 14 April 2012 - 01:09 PM

I never watched the original series...but i'm watching the premier and it seems great so far.
And umm...this isn't the same girl that Aang was with that had the brother, right? icon_heh.gif

Edited by Jared, 14 April 2012 - 01:09 PM.

#14 Fabbrizio

Fabbrizio

Legend

• Members

Posted 14 April 2012 - 01:21 PM

QUOTE(Jared @ Apr 14 2012, 01:09 PM) View Post
I never watched the original series...but i'm watching the premier and it seems great so far.
And umm...this isn't the same girl that Aang was with that had the brother, right? icon_heh.gif
Well considering she would be ancient at the start of Legend of Korra...yeah no. You're thinking of Katara.

Also, I'm just throwing this out there - you should actually give the original series a legitimate shot. I was skeptical at first, but then I did the mature thing and actually checked it out, and it was well worth my time. Sometimes it will make you laugh, and sometimes it will break your heart, but in the end the entire series is an amazing thrill ride and a triumph among modern cartoons.

Toph was the best character. Period.

Edited by DavidReinold, 14 April 2012 - 01:22 PM.

#15 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 14 April 2012 - 01:39 PM

Agreed in full. I'm one of those people who see people talking about Anime and all that, and never bothers to invest any serious time in it. But Avatar: The Last Airbender is exceptional by my somewhat low and forgiving standards. As was previously stated, there are a plethora of hilarious moments, and moments that will make you really glad that you've been watching, and there are moments where you may shed a tear or two, or three, or eighteen. It's all very well done, and definitely worth your time.

To watch Korra before Airbender is to have grandchildren before you lead your entire life. Doesn't make too much sense.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users