The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3DS

• Please log in to reply
1077 replies to this topic

#16 Eppy

Eppy

Alisa~

• Members

Posted 15 June 2010 - 06:38 PM

....there was supposed to be a Wind Temple?

#17 Radien

Radien

Courage

• Members

Posted 15 June 2010 - 06:51 PM

I am convinced by the screenshots. icon_smile.gif It makes sense; people have been clamoring so much for an OoT remake that it makes sense to make one. Even though many game designers say they want to move away from remakes, OoT specifically deserves one.

QUOTE(Sir Evan @ Jun 15 2010, 04:29 PM) View Post
Maybe they'll add in the fabled Wind Temple that was supposed to be in the game. icon_razz.gif

I doubt it, but I won't rule it out.

QUOTE(Eppy @ Jun 15 2010, 04:38 PM) View Post
....there was supposed to be a Wind Temple?

Yeah, the number of dungeons had to be scaled down due to time constraints. That's why there's a Light medallion but no Light Temple. TP all but confirmed this by showing the Light Medallion emblem all over the place in the Temple of Time dungeon, and making the entrance resemble the Master Sword chamber from OoT's Temple of Time.

Adding a Wind Sage would alter the plotline a little too much, but given their history, I wouldn't be surprised if they included it solely as a bonus dungeon. They probably wouldn't blatantly display the Wind Medallion, though, since it wasn't displayed openly in OoT. Players only found the Wind Medallion graphics by using cheat devices.

#18 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 15 June 2010 - 06:57 PM

Hm... I dunno. I'd definitely play it if it were made, but somehow, I doubt they'll really make an OoT remake. If they do, though, they'd better include some bonus features. It's not that I don't want to play through the same exact game again, it's, well, ya, it is that. icon_razz.gif
  • Cukeman likes this

#19 Christian

Christian

Summoner

• Members

Posted 15 June 2010 - 06:59 PM

Has anyone seen Resident Evil Revelations for 3DS?! Look at those graphics!

http://e3.nintendo.c...?g=residentevil

#20 Radien

Radien

Courage

• Members

Posted 15 June 2010 - 07:00 PM

QUOTE(Russ @ Jun 15 2010, 04:57 PM) View Post
Hm... I dunno. I'd definitely play it if it were made, but somehow, I doubt they'll really make an OoT remake. If they do, though, they'd better include some bonus features. It's not that I don't want to play through the same exact game again, it's, well, ya, it is that. icon_razz.gif

I don't see any reason to disbelieve this story, but even if I didn't believe it, so what? The April Fool's Day "Zelda movie" was fake, but even then I found it entertaining. It's not like I can play the game until it is released, anyway.

It's pretty standard to include bonus features in remakes, these days. I expect that you will not be disappointed in that regard.

#21 Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

smash the bye button

• Members

Posted 15 June 2010 - 07:04 PM

QUOTE(Radien @ Jun 16 2010, 12:00 AM) View Post

I don't see any reason to disbelieve this story, but even if I didn't believe it, so what? The April Fool's Day "Zelda movie" was fake, but even then I found it entertaining. It's not like I can play the game until it is released, anyway.

It's pretty standard to include bonus features in remakes, these days. I expect that you will not be disappointed in that regard.
As I mentioned, it's not fake. It's not a joke. The screenshots were made and published by Nintendo, so you're right, there's no reason not to believe in it... however, as I have also said, they could have intended it as a tech-demo for the showfloor, but I doubt it's not more than that icon_razz.gif I mean, it would make no sense not to remake the game, especially seeing as how many people have been asking for one.

#22 Siguy

Siguy

• Members

Posted 15 June 2010 - 07:32 PM

QUOTE(Migokalle @ Jun 15 2010, 08:04 PM) View Post
...especially seeing as how many people have been asking for one.
Eh, people have been asking for a lot of things from Nintendo which they've never delivered.

#23 SpikeReynolds

SpikeReynolds

Ironically bald furry

• Members

Posted 15 June 2010 - 07:35 PM

WANT. Like, a lot. If there's more to it than the original, WANT even moreso. If the graphics end up looking half as shexy as MGS, I'm gonna be seriously impressed.

#24 Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

smash the bye button

• Members

Posted 15 June 2010 - 07:41 PM

QUOTE(Siguy @ Jun 16 2010, 12:32 AM) View Post
Eh, people have been asking for a lot of things from Nintendo which they've never delivered.
That's not what I was saying. I was saying that it would be stupid not to do it... I mean, it really wouldn't make any sense not to, but that doesn't mean Nintendo wouldn't.

#25 Siguy

Siguy

• Members

Posted 15 June 2010 - 07:50 PM

QUOTE(Migokalle @ Jun 15 2010, 08:41 PM) View Post

That's not what I was saying. I was saying that it would be stupid not to do it... I mean, it really wouldn't make any sense not to, but that doesn't mean Nintendo wouldn't.

Doesn't mean they would either. Nintendo doesn't always make the most sensible choices (even though it's somehow become taboo to criticize them.)

#26 Adem

Adem

-

• Members

Posted 15 June 2010 - 08:52 PM

Sony got a lot of backlash when they used the intro to FF7 as a tech-demo, if I remember correctly. I doubt Nintendo would make that mistake, but at the same time I could see them doing it. *contradicting*

As far as it goes though, I'm really excited. If it's true, I'd buy the 3DS just to play this. I'ma cross my fingers on this one.

#27 Christian

Christian

Summoner

• Members

Posted 15 June 2010 - 08:56 PM

It will probably just be a port with enhanced 3DS graphics in 3D just like they ported Super Mario 64 when the DS was revealed 6 years ago. Ocarina of Time portable in 3D? Like i said i'm already sold xD

#28 Adem

Adem

-

• Members

Posted 15 June 2010 - 09:02 PM

QUOTE(Christian @ Jun 15 2010, 09:56 PM) View Post

It will probably just be a port with enhanced 3DS graphics in 3D just like they ported Super Mario 64 when the DS was revealed 6 years ago. Ocarina of Time portable in 3D? Like i said i'm already sold xD

Even Super Mario 64 had new features. You could play as different characters, for crying out loud. :O I hope they at least add a few things.

#29 link3505

link3505

Ancient

• Members

Posted 15 June 2010 - 09:49 PM

I'm sorry, but I don't care about new features, or the fact that it'd be presented in 3D. The fact that they'd remake Ocarina of Time on a portable system, not to mention with enhanced visuals like those.. That's all I need for a selling point. Anything else would be more layers of an already delicious cake.

#30 Jenny

Jenny

Hero of Time

• Members
  • Pronouns:She / Her

Posted 15 June 2010 - 09:51 PM

This just looks to good to be true

but i hope its true

a OOT remake is just what we need

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users