• Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

#16 Revfan9

Revfan9

Hero of Time

• Banned

Posted 07 November 2006 - 11:37 AM

^ XD

You just don't get it, do you? You sound a lot like that one guy who came in saying "Custom Quests suck" and gave no reason as to why they did, and didn't show his own quest to prove that he had the right to say so. How about you give us a demo of this "super quest"? If it has been in development longer than I am alive, then I am sure a demo is ready by now. If it does surpass every quest and every zelda made by nintendo, then I will start a new religion that worships you and go on a crusade to convert the world into worshipping you, I promise.

#17 Nimono

Nimono

Ultra Miyoa Extraordinaire!

• Members

Posted 07 November 2006 - 11:38 AM

QUOTE(Ta-QS @ Nov 7 2006, 11:33 AM) View Post

This thread started with me simply giving advice.
But it looks like you dont need it. Fine. Let it turn to flame then.
Let me just tell you that I AM working on a "quest".
It has probably been longer in the making than you've been on this earth.
And when it is done it will surpass ALL of Nintendo original Zeldas including TP.
It will be better than all of your quests combined.
You may laugh now, but you just wait.

I abandoned this community before, because of all the 10 year old ignorant zelda fans making bad quests and giving Zelda a bad name.
Now, I realize the likes of me have absolutly no buisness here.

Don't make me laugh. You CAN'T surpass NINTENDO. Only another video game COMPANY has a chance at surpassing Nintendo, and even then, you can't surpass it WITH ITS OWN GAME. Get over yourself. You're another one of those elitests who think they're better than everyone else and expect everyone else to do what YOU think is right, even if it's not. You may be a good questmaker, but that doesn't make you the ONLY good questmaker here. Gashin is one of the best when it comes to making tiles. The same with NoeL, Linkus, and others. Some simply make good quests, like DFW. She relies on existing tilesets, but that doesn't stop her from making great quests. Now stop making yourself sound so "smart". You stopped BEING smart when you said "Let me just tell you that I AM working on a "quest".
It has probably been longer in the making than you've been on this earth.". Why? BECAUSE THAT'S NOT POSSIBLE. You have a quest? Okay. Prove it. Show us some screens. Your quest is better (and also LOOKS better) than everyone elses? Prove it. Show us screens of your tiles. Show us your custom subscreen. You can't be called a good questmaker until you have proof. Now prove it or quit whining. (Yes, that is what you're basically doing! Whining!)

Edited by Matthew, 07 November 2006 - 11:43 AM.

#18 Revfan9

Revfan9

Hero of Time

• Banned

Posted 07 November 2006 - 11:44 AM

You are correct: The likes of you have absolutly no buisness here. Go back to gamefaqs you f***ing troll.

#19 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 07 November 2006 - 11:50 AM

Now now, Revfan, let's not be the aggravator of the dilemma any further than we have already gone. Trolling in any form isn't acceptable on the forums. It's a shame that you feel that way, Ta-Qs, but Revfan is right; you must deliver proof to the masses in order for your point to be made. You must additionally provide a comparison between the more detailed, pretty, yet cramped areas of the screenshots you have provided (Which almost all of them have been winners in peoples' eyes.) against your own.

I look forward to viewing the relative splendor of your previews, as you might say.

#20 Nimono

Nimono

• Members

Posted 07 November 2006 - 11:52 AM

I say we vote on whether or not this thread should be closed, BUT IN OPINION ONLY.

I vote for close it. All it's doing now is taking up space and rotting away. Besides, the whole idea of it seems to scream either "GIVE ME ATTENTION!!" or "IM SPMMNG B/C I WNT TOO". Anyone else have an opinion on this?

Edit: I decided to take some of my post out. Perhaps to save the thread from flaming? Correct! 100 points to you! icon_lol.gif

Edited by Matthew, 07 November 2006 - 11:53 AM.

#21 Revfan9

Revfan9

Hero of Time

• Banned

Posted 07 November 2006 - 11:53 AM

No, I was told the same thing when I first started ZC nearly 2 years ago. I did go to gamefaqs, and I did get banned. Ta-Qs, I remember being exactly like you. I was a n00b and a troll as well, and I still am pretty much one. Not trying to flame you, but the only way to make you grow up is to flame and troll you back. Go to gamefaqs.

#22 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 07 November 2006 - 11:53 AM

The topic can remain open if:

1) People stop flaming and trolling and prodding Ta-Qs, and shouting in general. ( icon_rolleyes.gif )
2) Ta-Qs can provide for us the example that he/she is peddling.

#23 Deathbringer

Deathbringer

Master

• Members

Posted 07 November 2006 - 12:04 PM

QUOTE(Ta-QS @ Nov 7 2006, 11:33 AM) View Post

This thread started with me simply giving advice.
But it looks like you dont need it. Fine. Let it turn to flame then.
Let me just tell you that I AM working on a "quest".
It has probably been longer in the making than you've been on this earth.
And when it is done it will surpass ALL of Nintendo original Zeldas including TP.
It will be better than all of your quests combined.
You may laugh now, but you just wait.

I abandoned this community before, because of all the 10 year old ignorant zelda fans making bad quests and giving Zelda a bad name.
Now, I realize the likes of me have absolutly no buisness here.

I'll highly suggest that you look around at stickies like, I dunno here?

Who are you? Thibeinn's clone? You talk exactly like him, being arrogant and claiming your better than us so called "Ten year olds give Zelda a bad name." Let me tell you something. Bigger isn't always better. Look at the WW oceans. It was huge but so damn boring. Hell, your even claiming to be better than Nintendo itself and that TP is supposed to be about 70 hours long according to the testers. icon_sweat.gif

#24 Ta-QS

Ta-QS

• Members

Posted 07 November 2006 - 12:04 PM

I say close the topic. I dont feel like arguing, all i can say is that you will know when the game is out and which one is mine. cheers to all.

#25 Fire Wizzrobe

Fire Wizzrobe

Master

• Members

Posted 07 November 2006 - 12:05 PM

Demo please? :O I'd like to know if it is really so godly.

Edited by Fire Wizzrobe, 07 November 2006 - 12:05 PM.

#26 Nimono

Nimono

• Members

Posted 07 November 2006 - 12:10 PM

QUOTE(Ta-QS @ Nov 7 2006, 12:04 PM) View Post

I say close the topic. I dont feel like arguing, all i can say is that you will know when the game is out and which one is mine. cheers to all.

Yeah right. But you know, for once, I agree with you: CLOSE THE TOPIC. That's the smart way to go. icon_wink.gif Sometimes, you just know when to give up. Sometimes you don't. You never know what life will throw your way! icon_biggrin.gif

#27 Revfan9

Revfan9

Hero of Time

• Banned

Posted 07 November 2006 - 12:11 PM

We are not going to get a demo from Theibienn as he hasn't even downloaded ZC yet.

#28 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 07 November 2006 - 12:13 PM

Probably. icon_sweat.gif

PM me if you want it reopenned. icon_rolleyes.gif

QUOTE(/M/)
Hey ShadowTiger, I would like the topic re-open to give a few opinion of mine, not to flame anyone. I feel has somethings has to be said that hasn't been said, about T-Seng's theory.

Thanks. icon_wink.gif

#29 /M/

/M/

6♣7♠8♥9♥10♥

• Members

Posted 07 November 2006 - 05:32 PM

QUOTE(Ta-QS @ Nov 7 2006, 12:32 AM) View Post

Certain "professionals" have a habit of overcrowding each single screen with too much details and objects.
ZC already has such a small game space why do you have to waste it even more by placing 1000 trees and cliffs ?
Each screen being a obstacle run is NO fun.
Link needs alot of space to feel good.
I guess you all havent played the original titles for ages,
LOZ, LTTP, LA, OS, OA and MC don't have even 1 quarter as much objects and obstacles as you place.
If you want detail and good graphics, make each single tile awesome but dont kill the zeldaness by overcrowding everything.
And yes, i mean all of you.

First off, thanks to ShadowTiger for allowing me to post. Now.. of to the point.

TaQS, those ZC screens you showed look much better than the ALttP. In case you didn't know, LTTP was a rushed game. They switched the 8-Bit "Blade Of Ancients" game, into LTTP, and didn't work on it much. So the OW wasn't as good as Nintendo could have done. It also has a bigger view, making everything look even more spread out. But, if we were to remake those LTTP areas you posted in ZC with the LTTP tiles, it would still look crowded. Probaly even more then those screens you posted.

And, it looks more realistic to have crowded mountains ( All the shots you posted are mountain areas.), because thats how they are in real life.

Your suggestion could help. If people were to make screens like you suggest, it wouldn't take as much time for them. But then agian, it wouldn't look as good as they do.

Edited by /M/, 07 November 2006 - 05:33 PM.

#30 link3505

link3505

Ancient

• Members

Posted 07 November 2006 - 08:26 PM

Ta-QS, you're only showing the most wide open-bland areas you possibly can, and you're only showing off the most cramped areas people have chosen to show. In the first screen you showed of mine, both screens above and below that area are both 75~80% walkable. The screen just north of the first SotW shot is less than 50% unwalkable, but granted that's without the flippers

My point is this; ALL games have cramped areas. Zelda 3 has the castle roof, bridges, forests, and mountains which are all fairly cramped. Link's awakening has several areas, especially in Tal Tal Mountains that are extremely cramped, despite that a good amount of the screen is walkable via different paths. OoS has Tarm Ruins, which is cramped. OoA has that mountainy area which I can't remember the name of. Minish Cap has the Lake Hylia area, and most of the dungeons leave no room to avoid enemies effectively

Nintendo makes a lot of bland areas because they have a certain time limit and size limitation to meet. Do you think that if they had the time and space available, they'd still fill most of their screens with blank floor tiles that you can't do anything with? You also have to take into account that the ZQuest screen is a bit smaller than Link to the Past and cannot scroll, so people have to fit quite a bit of graphics into one screen to make it look convincing

On top of that, you don't offer any examples of what YOU THINK screens should look like. Before you go around bashing everyone else's hard work, show us that you have a fraction of a clue as to what you're talking about before you do. Everyone else seems to like the screens from the authors you posted except you, so don't you dare go spouting how we SHOULD do this or how we HAVE to do this, simply to keep OUR work within the parameters of YOUR opionion about what looks good and what dosen't

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users