What I'm thinking...

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Parsnip

Parsnip

Parsnip

• Members

Posted 29 August 2015 - 12:31 PM

I was thinking for a while on a core mechanic that the game will revolve around, my first thought was being able to switch between day and night but after thinking for a while I decided it was to cliché. So I decided to continue to brainstorm and it hit me this morning actually several Ideas came to mind and my favorite one was the overworld becomes flooded (Still a bit cliché I know) after the first dungeon and this is caused by a giant mountain to the north when the main villain bust the mountain open in three different areas. Your job is to find the Items (couldn't think of anything yet) and stop the water and each time you fill a gap where the water is coming out the mountain fills up a little more due to it not losing as much water and the land which has been flooded reveals a bit more of its self unlocking new areas and new puzzles. Once you have plugged all of the holes the whole entire overworld is free to explore and the mountain is full again. Since the mountain is full it reveals a dungeon inside which is the final dungeon leading to the final boss.
Tell me what you guys think of this Idea and if you would like to be on board with development in this project. Thanks for reading this.
Alex Peters
Legend27
  • Demonlink likes this

#2 Limebeer

Limebeer

You can do anything with the abuse of the Animal Husbandry skill

• Members

Posted 29 August 2015 - 02:40 PM

Hmm, it's a good idea, I like it! It has alot of potential. You can also have an item (such as the Flute) that, for screens in the overworld that are flooded, allows you to change the water levels from flooded to non flooded (or atleast lessflooded) on the screen, sort of like what Oracle of Seasons did with the snow and the Autumn leaves to allow you to either reveal secrets that weren't there before, or let you access new areas!

• Parsnip likes this

#3 MarinaraSauce

MarinaraSauce

Magus

• Members

Posted 29 August 2015 - 04:38 PM

I actually wanted to make a quest with a similar gimmick (you land LA-style on an island that's barely big enough to stand on, but rises from the ocean the more dungeons you complete) about a year ago, but I couldn't figure out how to do it.  I wish you the best of luck trying to figure it out.

• Parsnip likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users