Linked to the Past

• Please log in to reply
548 replies to this topic

#526 rz3

rz3

Initiate

• Members

Posted 23 August 2013 - 10:06 PM

In the Sand Pit, the room you get the glove in has rocks that are movable. Is there anything to get there, or do they just move so you can see how it works?

I'm stuck in Peahat Ridge. I can't find a way to the bottom right room. I'm in the room just to the left of it. No bombable walls or anything that I can tell.

Nevermind, just found the way to that room right after I typed that. I swear I tried that and it didn't work. lol.

Edited by rz3, 23 August 2013 - 11:30 PM.

#527 rz3

rz3

Initiate

• Members

Posted 24 August 2013 - 10:16 AM

How do you kill those blue "wizrobes" in ghost cave? They've murdered me at least 10 times in a row.

#528 Jamian

Jamian

ZC enthusiast

• Members

Posted 24 August 2013 - 10:52 AM

You can kill them using magic or the hammer.

#529 rz3

rz3

Initiate

• Members

Posted 24 August 2013 - 11:41 AM

Didn't know the hammer would work on them. Thought I tried that. Ah well, got through it eventually. At the very top of the room across from where you come in, I stood there and let them come to me. Don't think they can hit you there. Tough room, in any case.

New question: Do you have a music list for this one? If not, what's the music for the Sewers?

#530 Jamian

Jamian

ZC enthusiast

• Members

Posted 24 August 2013 - 04:10 PM

Yeah I have the list typed up somewhere. The music for the sewers is a midi of the song "Fear of the Dark" by Iron Maiden.

#531 rz3

rz3

Initiate

• Members

Posted 25 August 2013 - 07:53 AM

Nice. Can I get the list? Uh, the heart piece list might help, too. lol. I can't figure out the coordinates from that statue at all.

Edit: Nevermind the heart piece list. Only needed the one in the F&I dungeon.

Edit 2: Lullaby.. awesome. lol. You, sir, have some good taste in music. I never did find the compass there, though.

Oh, and I don't know if you're supposed to, but I could get into Death Mountain without the "stairs". I could go right underneath of them and it would let me in.

Edited by rz3, 25 August 2013 - 09:47 AM.

#532 Jamian

Jamian

ZC enthusiast

• Members

Posted 25 August 2013 - 11:43 AM

Oh, and I don't know if you're supposed to, but I could get into Death Mountain without the "stairs". I could go right underneath of them and it would let me in.

You are using the oldest version of the quest then. This bug was fixed in an update, as well as several other little things. You can upgrade your file and you'll still be able to use your saved game. I recommend upgrading.

#533 rz3

rz3

Initiate

• Members

Posted 25 August 2013 - 11:48 AM

Ah, alright. Makes sense. Downloaded it right after you made it, but hadn't really played it til now.

Is there an effective strategy against that knight in Pyramid? He's torching me.(nevermind.. skipping past him seems to work :))

Only the last level left.

Edited by rz3, 25 August 2013 - 12:29 PM.

#534 rz3

rz3

Initiate

• Members

Posted 26 August 2013 - 07:28 AM

Where are arrow shops? I can't seem to find any now that I need them. lol.

Edit: Duh, it might help to look at the map and find the building with the huge arrow on it.

Edited by rz3, 26 August 2013 - 07:31 AM.

#535 rz3

rz3

Initiate

• Members

Posted 26 August 2013 - 09:46 AM

Well, 28 hours and 180 deaths later, I finished it. Here are my thoughts:

My favorite quest that I've played is Hyrule's Resurrection. I don't think this one was as good, honestly. I didn't really like the overworld much. The one town in the game isn't very convenient, and only sells potions and bombs in one "time". I liked the touch of the potion shop selling magic containers in the past, but it would've been good to have a bomb shop and arrow shop in the past, at least. More towns would've been nice, too. Outside of that, I just didn't think the world was very interesting.

Most of the dungeons were well done and challenging, but after level 8, they seemed to be rushed or something. They weren't as well developed. Uematsu Village was good, but Death Mountain was kind of lackluster. Fire and Ice Temple was a really cool concept that seemed unfinished to me. I thought there should've been more to it. I'm not sure what to say about Ganon's Fortress. It was okay, but didn't feel like a last level to me. I kind of wish you'd have switched Fire and Ice and Ganon's Fortress, and fleshed the former out more as the final level with Ganon and such. Oh, more blocks for Ghost Cave boss, too. lol.

All that said, it was still a fun quest. Vampire, Classic, and Ghost were great. Forget the name, but I think it was Treasure something, was really good, too. Oh, and of course, the music. Fantastic, as always.

Anyway, good work, Jamian. I can't wait for the next one.

#536 Jamian

Jamian

ZC enthusiast

• Members

Posted 26 August 2013 - 12:23 PM

Thanks.

I agree with a lot of what you're saying. Whenever I make a quest I like to try things I haven't done before and experiment with new concepts. Sometimes they work well, sometimes not so well. Although I'm still happy with this quest as a whole, I agree that some parts could have been done better, the overworld especially indeed. In my upcoming project I'll try hard to make the overworld more interesting, and the levels will be much fewer, but also longer, so hopefully I can make the good ideas shine in a more concise and steady way.

#537 Michishigue

Michishigue

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 02:11 PM

stuck again. now in level 2. need another key, but can not find one, and do not have the feather, or the ladder for holes. tried pushing every wall and block, and bombed all over. am i missing something?

Edit. Never mind, my stupid noob mind just missed one wall and found it by mistake

Which wall in which room I'm stuck as well.

Nevermind.. but I'll give anyone who wants it a hint.

When I found myself facing a line of pits... I got scared and ran north...

Edited by ZeldaFanCirca1993, 06 October 2013 - 11:27 PM.

#538 )-( Marchland Malady )-(

)-( Marchland Malady )-(

)M( Still No Tombs In The Sims 4 )M(

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 22 December 2013 - 01:00 PM

It seems that no one else would mention these, but in Octorock Swamp there are two rooms (the octorock's hind legs) that are impossible to get to. Also, there is one room in Moblin Camp that is impossible to get to (part of the moblin's left ear.)

#539 Animebryan

Animebryan

• Members

Posted 27 February 2014 - 08:56 PM

Help. I've gotten to Lv.8 but can't beat that invincible Gohma. I can't make anymore progress in that dungeon.

#540 )-( Marchland Malady )-(

)-( Marchland Malady )-(

)M( Still No Tombs In The Sims 4 )M(

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 19 March 2014 - 11:29 PM

Look up Electrometer Prime on YouTube. He did a Let's Play of this quest.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users