Linked to the Past

• Please log in to reply
548 replies to this topic

#511 Gekos

Gekos

Junior

• Members

Posted 03 June 2013 - 07:39 AM

How do I kill the boss in explorer's crypt?

#512 Jamian

Jamian

ZC enthusiast

• Members

Posted 03 June 2013 - 07:42 AM

You need to use a special sword attack.

Spoiler

#513 Buttons

Buttons

• Members

Posted 27 June 2013 - 09:37 AM

This is a really incredible quest. The puzzles have been very creative but also very fair, and it speaks to your design skills that I haven't had to ask for help until now.

I'm at a boss late in the game who can only be damaged by bombs, and it's pretty clear to me that I need to have a bigger bomb bag to have any hope of defeating him. Can I get a hint as to where it is? I suspect I passed it a while ago, since shops have been selling more bombs than I can carry for some time now.

Also, just curious: where's the hint for the library maze? I had to brute force that one, although at least it gave me an excuse to use de Bruijn sequences.

#514 Jamian

Jamian

ZC enthusiast

• Members

Posted 27 June 2013 - 10:24 AM

Thanks :) The hint for the library maze is in the maze room itself, there is a book that looks a bit different from the others, and you must read it (a lot of people get stumped there).

The biggest bomb bag can be found in the past, literally three screens south of the library. You have to burn the lone bush there.

#515 Buttons

Buttons

• Members

Posted 29 June 2013 - 03:57 PM

Stuck again on Death Mountain. I've seen the cow but not the enemy he's referring to. There are two boulders I should be able to remove somehow (one disappears when viewed through the lens, one flashes) but I can't figure out how to move or get around either of them. I'm guessing I'm supposed to deal with the one on the right first, since there's a switch in the room after it.

#516 Jamian

Jamian

ZC enthusiast

• Members

Posted 30 June 2013 - 07:44 AM

One of the boulders has a poundable block next to it. That should hint at what you have to do to it.

#517 Starkiller

Starkiller

• Members

Posted 02 July 2013 - 01:54 AM

Can I get into the "sacred place" of the Peahat cult?  I got the heart piece, but can't get into their "church".

#518 Jamian

Jamian

ZC enthusiast

• Members

Posted 02 July 2013 - 06:46 AM

No, it's not possible.

#519 Starkiller

Starkiller

• Members

Posted 03 July 2013 - 11:32 AM

Is there anywhere that you can change the raft direction?  One of the townspeople mentions this, but I haven't been able to change any of the raft trips.   Now I have the flippers, so does it matter?

Edited by Starkiller, 03 July 2013 - 11:45 AM.

#520 matski

matski

Junior

• Members

Posted 04 July 2013 - 03:43 PM

I am stuck on the boss for level 8.  I can't figure out the items I am suppose to use outside the red bomb I am suppose to use.  I have tried hurricane spin w/ level 4 sword and gold arrows (I have continue onward thinking you needed an item from one of the sidequests after level 8 in order to beat level 8) but still stuck.

#521 Jamian

Jamian

ZC enthusiast

• Members

Posted 04 July 2013 - 03:46 PM

You have the flippers so don't worry about it.

The super bomb is the only thing that damages the actual boss in level 8, but you need to use the arrows you found in that level to kill his minions and collect more super bombs.

#522 matski

matski

Junior

• Members

Posted 04 July 2013 - 08:27 PM

is there a heart piece in death mountain?

#523 Starkiller

Starkiller

• Members

Posted 06 July 2013 - 01:54 AM

What else can I read with the Book of Wisdom?  So far.....

- All animals in town

- The two books in the Library

- Fairy Statue in Lost Woods (have no idea what these coordinates are or how to read them mapwise)

What else is there to read?

#524 Starkiller

Starkiller

• Members

Posted 06 July 2013 - 04:49 PM

Uggg.....at Death Mountain and am missing just one single heart piece.  Is there one in Death Mountain?

Edited by Starkiller, 07 July 2013 - 03:46 AM.

#525 Jamian

Jamian

ZC enthusiast

• Members

Posted 07 July 2013 - 10:02 AM

No heart piece in Death Mountain.

Those are the main things you can read, there will also be the odd stone slab to read or animal you can talk to in some dungeons, but you usually cannot miss those.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users