Layer behind Rocs feather on layers 4+

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Omega

Omega

Yes

• Members

Posted 27 September 2011 - 02:46 PM

I'm looking for a script I can apply to tiles or flags which will let the Rocs feather jump above a certain tile even if it's layered on layer 4+. This way when I jump with the rocs feather I wont go behind tree tops and such. It looks really messy when you do jump under tree tops. I have a ton of layered trees I'd like link to walk behind, but not jump behind. Instead walk behind, but jump over the tree top as if it was layered on layers 1-3. I also have some dungeon barriers with the top part layered on layer 4 I'd like to apply this to.

#2 Cukeman

Cukeman

"Tra la la, look for Sahasrahla. ... ... ..."

• Banned

Posted 27 September 2011 - 02:57 PM

I wouldn't recommend a script where you ALWAYS jump over layer 4.

Let's say that you are south of a tree. You jump and are always drawn in front of it. Great.
Now lets say you are north of the tree, and the tree is on a higher layer so that Link is "behind the tree".
Now when Link jumps, he pops in FRONT of the tree. WEIRD.

In my quest, trees are 2 tiles high. The bottom tile is unwalkable, and the top tile is on Layer 3.
My Jumping Sprite Layer Threshold is set to 16 (located in Init Data) .
No matter whether I am North or South of the tree, Link's jumping always looks correct.

Now, if I want to make a really tall tree, any tiles above the second tile I will place on a Layer higher than 3,
so that Link will never be drawn above it.

I really don't recommend the script you are asking for unless it is conditional.
By that I mean, it would only work if Link was standing in certain places on your screen.

EDIT: I misread your post. You are asking for something a little different than I had thought at first.

EDIT 2: If you set your Jumping Sprite Layer Threshold to 0, Link will always appear above Layer 3 when he jumps,
but under it when he walks. Not sure if you ever need Link to jump under Layer 3 in your quest

Edited by Cukeman, 27 September 2011 - 03:01 PM.

#3 Omega

Omega

Yes

• Members

Posted 27 September 2011 - 03:55 PM

Putting the sprite layer threshold to 0 actually did what I needed a script to do. So now I don't need a script. I am fine with link jumping over the top if hes under. I just wanted Link to jump over the top and bottom if hes in front of trees. Because it looked very odd otherwise. Thanks for this info, it works very good. icon_smile.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users