Xbox 360 Premium for $299.99?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Dawnlight

Dawnlight

My name is NOT Jason!

• Members

Posted 27 June 2008 - 09:24 AM

They announced on July 6, 2008 KMart will sell the Xbox 360 Premium at a reduced price of $299.99. More is said rigt on this link...

http://www.engadget....9-99-on-july-6/

the strangest part about this is, is that Microsoft didn't announce a price drop. Maybe this sale is an error. Who knows!

Chatter!!!

#2 Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

smash the bye button

• Members

Posted 27 June 2008 - 09:32 AM

Woah! That's not cheap! What was the original price? Here, a 360 costs around 100 bucks...

#3 Dawnlight

Dawnlight

My name is NOT Jason!

• Members

Posted 27 June 2008 - 09:41 AM

QUOTE(Migokalle @ Jun 27 2008, 09:32 AM) View Post

Woah! That's not cheap! What was the original price? Here, a 360 costs around 100 bucks...

Lucky! Right here in America the Elite is $479.99, Premium $349.99, and the Arcade is $279.99

#4 Arthas

Arthas

Adept

• Members

Posted 27 June 2008 - 07:58 PM

By the start of next year Microsoft is planning to outsource the production of it's console, so that your xbox360 will have the samsung/toshiba/etc brand on it, but will still play xbox360 games...well most of them depending on compatibility issues.

This will lead to more expensive hardware since these other companies can't rely on game sales to recoup the costs of production.

However, having lost billions, microsoft has no choice. Get it while it's cheap folks.

In US$
IPB Image

The xbox brand is Microsoft's most disastrous business venture, having lost them over $6 billion, yet getting them no closer to first place in market share. If it continues like this expect no more consoles from Microsoft. Might I point out that the 2008 figure is not strictly correct, since they only managed to post a $500 million profit thanks to deferring the whole red light of death fiasco for a financial year, which cost them 1 billion dollars, so that should be a $500 million loss, but it will show in 2009 data.

Considering how aggressively they are keeping something afloat through sheer financial power, despite the fact it is now 3rd in terms of sales worldwide, I think they deserve to lose more money and their place in the console market, since this amounts to corporate imperialism, simply outspend your competitors combined. Sadly for them, and luckily for the console market, it's not working.

Edited by Arthas, 27 June 2008 - 08:05 PM.

#5 Moldorm

Moldorm

Magus

• Members

Posted 03 July 2008 - 10:48 AM

YES! icon_biggrin.gif I'm gonna get me one while it's cheap.

Edited by Moldorm, 03 July 2008 - 10:48 AM.

#6 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 03 July 2008 - 01:32 PM

That'd be nice if it could stay that way for as long as it takes for me to get a job and earn $300. I've had my eye on a 360 ever since I heard about Starkiller being in Soulcalibur IV. Besides, that way, I can also get all of those Xbox games I wanted. Like the Halo series and Soulcalibur III.

#7 Moonbread

Moonbread

Playing With Psychos

• Members
  • Pronouns:They / Them

Posted 03 July 2008 - 01:40 PM

I get one for free for 2 months, starting later this month... but it would be nice to have one of my own.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users