New Motherboard Problems...

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 Neppy

Neppy

Grand Overlord Empress

• Members

Posted 24 October 2011 - 10:31 PM

Ok, so I got my new motherboard today. I can power up my computer with the old garbage mobo, so my HDD, RAM, CPU, and all, work just fine. Still freezes up of course. The deal with the new one, is that it powers up, the fans run fullblast, I don't hear the HDD spin up, and I get no video with all this. I don't have a case speaker, because the old board had one built on it, so I don't know if there is any error beeps. I had double checked to make sure my current hardware was compatible before I bought the board. I also checked after I put it in and it first gave me this issue. Everything is said to be compatible. I put my old one back in to make sure I didn't fry something, and its all fine, and fired up again. It's a SATA II board, and my HDD is a SATA, so I dunno if that could be an issue. This damn thing is trying my nerves, BIG TIME. About ready to throw the PoS out the damn window...

#2 Ventus

Ventus

Legend

• Members

Posted 24 October 2011 - 11:36 PM

Okay Hm....May i ask..Does the new Mobo Have a Integrated Video Card?

If So Try Taking out the video Card that you had on the old MoBo
And See if it starts Up then.

And if that does not do it..How many Pci slots Do you have in use?

And What Is the Power Supply wattage?

#3 Nicholas Steel

Nicholas Steel

Hero of Time

• Members

Posted 25 October 2011 - 12:13 AM

Yeah the motherboard might be configured to bootup using only the integrated video display so if your monitor is connected to your video card instead... you won't get a picture icon_razz.gif Until you change the setting in the BIOS of course.

#4 Neppy

Neppy

Grand Overlord Empress

• Members

Posted 25 October 2011 - 12:46 AM

Yeah, I haven't connected any of the extra stuff to it, like the video card or whatnot. I've tried using the onboard VGA, and DVI ports that it has. It's not even getting to the BIOS splashscreen, it doesn't even display anything on the monitor, it just stays off, in sleep mode, with fans going like jet engines.

#5 Nicholas Steel

Nicholas Steel

Hero of Time

• Members

Posted 25 October 2011 - 03:31 AM

Make sure the large ATX power connector is connected to the motherboard as well as the CPU power cable, if your CPU requires one. It's easy to forget the CPU cable.

Edited by franpa, 25 October 2011 - 03:31 AM.

#6 Zacron

Zacron

Wizard

• Members

Posted 25 October 2011 - 07:22 AM

Also, make sure your Jumpers are all set right, I had a MOBO come and the jumper was set to reset the bios, and I had to change that to get it to boot.

#7 Neppy

Neppy

Grand Overlord Empress

• Members

Posted 26 October 2011 - 01:47 AM

Yeah, they're set right. I did a CMOS Clear on it before I installed it, because that's what the instructions said to do. Getting really pissed about this, and I am starting to think that it either is a bad motherboard, or that it doesn't have the latest BIOS installed on it, which would mean that it can't recognize my processor. The BIOS needs to be version 1.40 in order for my CPU to be compatible, so perhaps that's the case. I would need to get a single-core AM2 processor in order to even check that. Maybe I can find a cheap AM2 processor somewhere. icon_shrug.gif I dunno, just super frustrated right now.

#8 Zacron

Zacron

Wizard

• Members

Posted 26 October 2011 - 10:51 AM

Where did you buy the Mobo from?

If you got it from Tiger or Newegg, you should be able to get it fixed / replaced for free.

#9 Neppy

Neppy

Grand Overlord Empress

• Members

Posted 26 October 2011 - 11:48 PM

No, I didn't get it from either of those places, but the site I did get it from has a 90 day warranty on it, so I think I am going to shoot them an email about the problem. I'm thinking that I got a lemon, because I checked, double checked, and checked again, to see if my existing hardware was compatible, and it is, from their site, and the board manufacturer's website. I'm done dealing with this current one, so I hope they will send me a replacement for it.

#10 Neppy

Neppy

Grand Overlord Empress

• Members

Posted 28 October 2011 - 03:43 AM

Well, I got it figured out! Unfortunately, I don't know when I will be able to get it taken care of. The reason why it's not booting up, is because the BIOS version is P1.30, and in order for it to be compatible with my CPU, I need version P1.40... So I need to find someone with a compatible AM2 processor that I can stick in my computer for a short time, in order to update the BIOS, then I can use my own processor. icon_biggrin.gif Just need to figure out who has one that'll work with mine.

#11 Nicholas Steel

Nicholas Steel

Hero of Time

• Members

Posted 28 October 2011 - 09:22 AM

If there website actually says the motherboard will work with your CPU then just take the motherboard back and tell THEM to update it for you since it clearly doesn't work out of the box as expected.

#12 Neppy

Neppy

Grand Overlord Empress

• Members

Posted 29 October 2011 - 02:32 AM

Well, I am going to check and see if my moms CPU will work for me to update the BIOS, and if it does, I'll do it myself, as I am TERRIBLY sick of using the current tower I have hooked up... I miss using mine that has 8GB of RAM, while this has 512MB of RAM... Can't do a portion of what I would normally do. But anyways, if my moms doesn't work in it, then I might check if my stepmoms might, and if not I will be sending it back for them to do something with. The sooner it's up and running, the happier I will be.

#13 Cukeman

Cukeman

"Tra la la, look for Sahasrahla. ... ... ..."

• Banned

Posted 29 October 2011 - 02:47 AM

well problem nailed is a big step forward, so that's cool icon_smile.gif

#14 Neppy

Neppy

Grand Overlord Empress

• Members

Posted 30 October 2011 - 01:53 AM

Well, that didn't work either... Sooo, I'm just gonna send the damn thing back, and get one from a different manufacturer... Their CPU compatibility list is completely ridiculous... Just about ready to give up on the POS, and wait a little while, and buy a new system, but I should really just get this one up and running, it'd be a whole lot cheaper. I do have an idea of what to do, there is a computer parts shop that I am going to check out, to see if they have anything that would work for me.

#15 Neppy

Neppy

Grand Overlord Empress

• Members

Posted 02 November 2011 - 06:21 PM

Well, I picked up a compatible processor today, so I really help that it works. It's just so that I can upgrade the BIOS, and use my own CPU, then I'll either sell it on ebay, or keep it as backup.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users