Pokémon Tileset Help.

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#1 Limzo

Limzo

_

• Members

Posted 06 April 2006 - 09:21 AM

Hi, I'm making/ripping a Pokémon Tileset and I am a bit stuck.
I'm replacing some of the items with certain Pokémon and would like to know your ideas as to what Pokémon should replace items.

I'm replacing:
The boomerang with Zigzagoon because he can stun enemies and he finds items for you,
The hookshot with bulbasaur because in the cartoon Ash sometimes used her vinewhip like a hookshot,
The flippers with Lapras because, well obviously, people ride Lapras on the sea.

But what others can I do?

#2 Zacron

Zacron

Wizard

• Members

Posted 06 April 2006 - 09:31 AM

How About, Charizard instead of the wand? Or maybe Pikachu?

#3 Limzo

Limzo

_

• Members

Posted 06 April 2006 - 09:36 AM

Yeah, thanks. Keep them coming.
I was thinking maybe Ratata, Raticate and pokemon similar for the sword, perhaps.

#4 Zacron

Zacron

Wizard

• Members

Posted 06 April 2006 - 09:55 AM

What About... The Three Legendary Birds, The Ones From The Power Plant, Seafoam Islands, And The Other One. For Dins Fire, Nairu's Love, And Faeore's Wind?

#5 Limzo

Limzo

_

• Members

Posted 06 April 2006 - 09:57 AM

I believe you mean Articuno, Moltres and Zapdos.
Yeah, that'd be great! Thanks!

Edited by Limzo, 06 April 2006 - 09:58 AM.

#6 Zacron

Zacron

Wizard

• Members

Posted 06 April 2006 - 10:00 AM

Yea Those Are The Ones, And Maybe Ditto For The Dust Pile.

EDIT:...Ditto The Pokemon

Edited by Zacron, 06 April 2006 - 10:01 AM.

#7 Limzo

Limzo

_

• Members

Posted 06 April 2006 - 10:01 AM

What does the Dust pile actually do?

#8 Zacron

Zacron

Wizard

• Members

Posted 06 April 2006 - 10:03 AM

I Do Not Know, But I Think It Is Like The Bait.

#9 Limzo

Limzo

_

• Members

Posted 06 April 2006 - 10:08 AM

Oh. What about Pidgey for the whistle. The flute playing sprites could be replaced with Ash opening a pokeball with the Zappy-red thing and the noise could be the pokeball opening noise from the cartoon. If you played it in certain places on all outside dmaps then the small cutscene of the bird coming out of the ball from Ruby/Saphire could play, and it would warp you to a map screen where you get to choose where you fly to. It might be a bit ambicious but it's do-able.

#10 Zacron

Zacron

Wizard

• Members

Posted 06 April 2006 - 10:14 AM

Remember In SMB3 For NES, You Use The Whistle and It Warped You To A Map Screen, It Could Be Kinda Like That.

#11 Limzo

Limzo

_

• Members

Posted 06 April 2006 - 10:16 AM

Yeah but this would also use the small "Pidgey in the middle of a shiny black rectangle, then flies on from the right and picks you up, then flies off to the left" cutscene from the GBA Pokémon games.

Edited by Limzo, 06 April 2006 - 10:16 AM.

#12 Zacron

Zacron

Wizard

• Members

Posted 06 April 2006 - 10:18 AM

Thats what I meant by "Kind Of"... How about Diglett for a shovel or something. And Fearow for the "LONG BOW"

EDIT... Has The Shovel Been Implevented Yet?

Edited by Zacron, 06 April 2006 - 10:21 AM.

#13 Limzo

Limzo

_

• Members

Posted 06 April 2006 - 10:35 AM

Yes, the shovel has been implemented, but it is called the hammer. Yes, spearow can be the first bow and fearow can be the second. And diglet would make a great shovel.
Or sandshrew or furret or onyx.
Oh, I've encountered a problem. I was going to have the Pokeflute as the whistle but I want to have Pidgey as well. What item can I afford to lose to replace with pidgey.
I would probably make charmander be the blue candle and charmelion be the red one. And now can we just talk about all the items for this. What about the normal pokemon potion for the potion (the health in the top corner would represent your Pokémon' strength) and the super potion for red potion. I would not use the fairy though.

#14 Zacron

Zacron

Wizard

• Members

Posted 06 April 2006 - 10:38 AM

Hrmmm... Well Where Is The Tiles For The Bird That Flies Across The Screen And Picks Link (Ash) up, Change Those to Pidgey.

#15 Limzo

Limzo

_

• Members

Posted 06 April 2006 - 10:40 AM

Yeah, but I want to be able to choose when I make pidgey fly, by using an item on a certain combo, not just by standing there.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users