Photo

Screen Rebirth 6! The Contest!

Anthus Shane Taco Chopper Feenicks

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

Poll: Vote. (27 member(s) have cast votes)

Vote!

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#1 Mitchfork

Mitchfork

no fun. not ever.

• Members

Posted 21 August 2023 - 08:15 PM

Welcome to a late Screen Rebirth 6

The base screen is as below:

BaseScreen.png

As always, the order of contestants was selected through a random line picker.

Anthus
Anthus.gif
If there is an iron problem with the water supply, the first step is to determine the source. The source of iron may be from the corrosion of iron or steel pipes or other components of the plumbing system where the acidity of the water, measured as pH, is below 6.5.

A laboratory analysis of water to determine the extent of the iron problem and possible treatment solutions should begin with tests for iron concentration, iron bacteria, pH, alkalinity, and hardness. A water sample kit can be obtained from a certified laboratory. The laboratory’s instructions for collecting the water sample should be followed. Collect the sample as close to the well as possible.

If the source of water is a public water system and you experience iron-related problems, it is important to contact a utility official to determine whether the red water is from the public system or from the home’s plumbing or piping.

Shane
Shane.png
awaken the slumbering stones

Taco Chopper
Taco%20Chopper.png
A meteor has fallen into the water in ZC!
Start the new rescue helicopter!
Hey! Build the helicopter!
Off to the rescue! Prepare the lifeline! Lower the stretcher, and make the rescue!
The new Emergency Collection from ZC!

Feenicks
Feenicks.png
"Sure is a good thing this isn't my house, right?"

• Anthus likes this

#2 Taco Chopper

Taco Chopper

protector of the darn forum

• Administrators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 23 August 2023 - 10:08 AM

Anthus' shot is brilliant as always. I can't fault it, it's just another one of those shots you've pulled off where everything looks the sum of its parts. Exquisitely done, and the animation is a nice touch. Really giving off intense Metroid/space station energies. Only thing that would make it better would be some kind of moving platform over the pool - that'd be rad.

Shane and I appear to have had some kind of psychic brain link where we've separately decided waterfalls and mountain settings were the way to go with the interpretation. I am now realising the error of my ways by using so many darn mountain borders compared to Shane's clever utilitisation of space and water flow. Whoops.

My vote ended up going to Feenicks - I just kind of like the big pot go brrr aesthetic. It's a really silly reason when you boil it down to it, but big pots! That, and the Firebird interior reintepretation of the original screen was an nice touch. There's a tragic story of sorts at play here - namely, "oh, this house has flooded, but the pots are okay!".

• Anthus, Mitchfork and Shane like this

#3 Mitchfork

Mitchfork

no fun. not ever.

• Members

Posted 04 December 2023 - 01:40 PM

Apologies for the extremely late contest closure.  With 52.00% of the vote, the winner of Screen Rebirth 6 is Anthus!

Anthus.gif
If there is an iron problem with the water supply, the first step is to determine the source. The source of iron may be from the corrosion of iron or steel pipes or other components of the plumbing system where the acidity of the water, measured as pH, is below 6.5.

A laboratory analysis of water to determine the extent of the iron problem and possible treatment solutions should begin with tests for iron concentration, iron bacteria, pH, alkalinity, and hardness. A water sample kit can be obtained from a certified laboratory. The laboratory’s instructions for collecting the water sample should be followed. Collect the sample as close to the well as possible.

If the source of water is a public water system and you experience iron-related problems, it is important to contact a utility official to determine whether the red water is from the public system or from the home’s plumbing or piping.

Congratulations!

Voting Totals:

• Anthus - 13 (52.00%)
  • Shane - 4 (16.00%)
  • Taco Chopper - 5 (20.00%)
  • Feenicks - 3 (12.00%)

Please check the Screen Rebirth announcement thread soon for an important update.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Anthus, Shane, Taco Chopper, Feenicks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users