• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 MeleeWizard

MeleeWizard

Best of both worlds.

• Members

Posted 05 December 2016 - 08:42 AM

Part 1

Like sands through the hourglass, or some other Socrates quote.

#2 MeleeWizard

MeleeWizard

Best of both worlds.

• Members

Posted 06 December 2016 - 10:10 PM

Part 2

Hope you like block puzzles!

#3 MeleeWizard

MeleeWizard

Best of both worlds.

• Members

Posted 08 December 2016 - 09:34 PM

Part 3

In a quest like this, you never know where you'll end up!

#4 MeleeWizard

MeleeWizard

Best of both worlds.

• Members

Posted 10 December 2016 - 10:34 PM

Part 4

I'm surprised I figured some of this stuff out so quickly.

#5 MeleeWizard

MeleeWizard

Best of both worlds.

• Members

Posted 12 December 2016 - 07:29 PM

Part 5

Take a good look.  This thing is going to be used in a way for which it was never intended.

#6 MeleeWizard

MeleeWizard

Best of both worlds.

• Members

Posted 14 December 2016 - 11:55 PM

Part 6

Even in the world of video games, physics should not work this way.

#7 MeleeWizard

MeleeWizard

Best of both worlds.

• Members

Posted 16 December 2016 - 11:22 PM

Part 7

Some puzzles involve moving things into their proper place.  Others are simply moving things out of your way.

#8 MeleeWizard

MeleeWizard

Best of both worlds.

• Members

Posted 17 December 2016 - 04:57 PM

As per the new rules, here the playlist for Maze of Hyrule 2.

See you when my next LP starts, I guess. *shrug*

#9 CyberGamer1539

CyberGamer1539

Lord of Cyberspace

• Members

Posted 18 December 2016 - 09:11 PM

I don't know if you've seen, but on the thread about the new rule change, Aevin said that as long as the posts including new videos are detailed and have info about the video, it is ok. Take a look at one of NJF's LPs if you want an example.

#10 MeleeWizard

MeleeWizard

Best of both worlds.

• Members

Posted 18 December 2016 - 10:56 PM

Maybe, but if I explained what happens in the video, why bother watching it?

#11 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 19 December 2016 - 01:11 AM

Personally I can think of many reasons to explain each episode with a bit more clarity. Say for example someone wants to find a certain part of a playthrough where they need help on, having descriptive informative post will help the player rather than having to search through all segments.

For example:

In this episode of Oracle of Seasons, we enter the second dungeon known as Snake's Remains after overcoming the various obstacles of Woods of Winter in Holodrum thanks to the Rod of Seasons and shovel. In this dungeon we will be tackling the mini-boss Facade and getting the dungeon item which will help us explore further in, but not before we do some puzzle solving revolving around indestructible enemies and traps!

What I can take out from this is a lot while it still being perfectly vague enough to not spoil the contents of the video and thus still having the urge to watch and see what exactly goes down and how. It's also good for advertisement and showing investment to the community at face value. The Let's Play forum (and especially YouTube itself) has a lot of Let's Plays... so it doesn't hurt to make the effort of having yours stand out by being a bit more descriptive, right? I'd say it's a skill to have and desire if you're into that scene. That's my two cents on things.

That said, I wish you luck on your Let's Plays!

#12 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 19 December 2016 - 05:28 AM

Because reading about a Let's Play is not the same as actually watching it. :P My video descriptions cannot possibly capture the overall experience of the Let's Play, but it gives you a taste of what to expect. Also, like Polaris said, I feel it's important to have it at least point the player to the right part of the playthrough they are looking for in case they are having difficulty with that particular part or something.

I'd like to make note as well, I don't think anybody wants you to copy my format or be forced into doing something that isn't your style, but I believe the staff is encouraging Lets Players to develop a more creative format that encourages discussion in each and every Lets Player topic. 

#13 MeleeWizard

MeleeWizard

Best of both worlds.

• Members

Posted 19 December 2016 - 08:03 AM

I think my biggest issue is that I'm not sure what/how much detail I'm supposed to be putting into these things.  I sometimes have trouble coming up with things to say even when I'm being vague and mysterious like I have been since the last rule change.  This is especially the case in a quest like this, which has been a bit of a grind at this point.  When it takes 3-4 videos to complete a dungeon, there's only so much you can talk about with any given update.

#14 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 19 December 2016 - 08:26 AM

Some games I'd say there's generally a lot less to say, for example my Wonder Boy series. There's really nothing I can go with so the descriptions are relatively very short, but forgivable under the circumstances. 

#15 pixcalibur

pixcalibur

Warrior

• Members

Posted 19 December 2016 - 09:21 AM

Most LP's, in general, don't generate that much conversation given the content is in the video itself.  Most of us aren't going to create a written dialogue how a video plays out.  Pictures will speak a lot more than words.

Bigger descriptions do not necessarily help anyone find something.  Can't predict what someone could get stuck at.  Also, most people are just watching the videos for entertainment purposes, not actually playing the quest along with the LPer.  If someone is playing and gets stuck somewhere, they're more likely to look in the quest discussion forum or simply PM the LPer with specific questions.  At that point, one could put specific time markers.

For me, there's almost no way to get discussion given I have the whole thing recorded before uploading anything.  So most comments and notes people made that I missed something are useless.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ZC

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users