One of NoeL's tilesets

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#1 Sheik

Sheik

Deified

• Members

Posted 10 April 2011 - 02:59 AM

I've looked through the ZC stuff I have on my old laptop, but I couldn't find the tileset I was looking for. I anyone still has this tileset NoeL made public when he left back in the day:
IPB Image
than I would greatly appreciate getting my hands on a copy of it. You could also just snapshot all the waterfall tiles for me, that's all I need. I know some members still have the stuff, so I hope someone can offer me what I ask for.

Edit: Found it. Sorry for making the now useless thread, you can lock it for all I care. Also, shameless plug: Here's what I wanted the stuff for (Post #30).

Edited by Sheik91, 10 April 2011 - 04:47 AM.

#2 NoeL

NoeL

Legend

• Members

Posted 10 April 2011 - 04:48 AM

Where'd you find it?

#3 Sheik

Sheik

Deified

• Members

Posted 10 April 2011 - 05:00 AM

QUOTE(NoeL @ Apr 10 2011, 11:48 AM) View Post

Where'd you find it?

I found it here. Should've used the search tool to begin with. There's also a link to the b&w one. You cool with me using your stuff?

#4 NoeL

NoeL

Legend

• Members

Posted 10 April 2011 - 06:39 AM

Go for it. The link to the black and white one doesn't work anymore. Just tried it. icon_frown.gif

#5 Sheik

Sheik

Deified

• Members

Posted 10 April 2011 - 07:39 AM

QUOTE(NoeL @ Apr 10 2011, 01:39 PM) View Post

Go for it. The link to the black and white one doesn't work anymore. Just tried it. icon_frown.gif

Thanks icon_smile.gif Well, you could try to contact Joe123, as far as I'm aware he has copies of anything which is worth having a copy of (ZC related, of course). Though best try facebook or something, he left the ZC scene a while back.

#6 NoeL

NoeL

Legend

• Members

Posted 10 April 2011 - 09:11 PM

I can't get it to load D: What version of ZC do you use?

#7 Sheik

Sheik

Deified

• Members

Posted 11 April 2011 - 02:38 AM

I used the newst beta, ZC R 1 or something. Can be found here:
http://www.purezc.co...o...c=49404&hl=

#8 Mitchfork

Mitchfork

no fun. not ever.

• Members

Posted 11 April 2011 - 02:46 AM

Yes, this tileset is great. I really like the effort that went into the transparent water. It's a shame that it's pretty light on tiles, but I imagine with the right RPG dungeon set, you could make a successful quest out of it. In any case, it looks stylistically similar to a lot of late-SNES RPG's, so I don't think you'll have any trouble making some of the graphics work with SD3.

#9 NoeL

NoeL

Legend

• Members

Posted 11 April 2011 - 05:01 AM

QUOTE(Ebola Zaire @ Apr 11 2011, 01:46 AM) View Post
In any case, it looks stylistically similar to a lot of late-SNES RPG's, so I don't think you'll have any trouble making some of the graphics work with SD3.
I think you would. SD3 uses two or three purple shades for a secondary light source on the back side, and my tiles don't. They'd look kinda weird together.

EDIT: Although, people here don't seem to care about mixing Minish Cap and Link's Awakening tiles together so go nuts icon_razz.gif

Edited by NoeL, 11 April 2011 - 05:13 AM.

#10 Sheik

Sheik

Deified

• Members

Posted 11 April 2011 - 05:15 AM

Yeah only things I wanted were those waterfalls anyways. And to be honest, I'd rather have the real SD3 waterfalls, but yeah. Oh, and I'm unsing your Link, he looks decent along the SD3 tiles. I want to make a custom one, though.
Edit: Oh yeah, some LA also needs to make into my tileset! And MC of course. Aaaand LttP. And Pokemon trees. How could I forget the Pokemon trees? D:

Edited by Sheik91, 11 April 2011 - 06:55 AM.

#11 Mitchfork

Mitchfork

no fun. not ever.

• Members

Posted 11 April 2011 - 02:59 PM

QUOTE(NoeL @ Apr 11 2011, 05:01 AM) View Post

I think you would. SD3 uses two or three purple shades for a secondary light source on the back side, and my tiles don't. They'd look kinda weird together.

EDIT: Although, people here don't seem to care about mixing Minish Cap and Link's Awakening tiles together so go nuts icon_razz.gif
That's true, but that's more of a palette issue. The mountains/trees wouldn't mesh together very well, but smaller things could snuggle into an SD3-based set pretty well.

#12 Sheik

Sheik

Deified

• Members

Posted 11 April 2011 - 03:04 PM

Well yeah, I could get away with it probably. But I'd rather use the SD3 equivalents.

#13 trudatman

trudatman

one point nine hero

• Members
  • Location:State Of Love And Trust, The United State Of Amorica.

Posted 11 April 2011 - 07:57 PM

I absolutely love this set, judging from the screenshot. can somebody post more images from this one? how did this set come to be?

#14 Sheik

Sheik

Deified

• Members

Posted 12 April 2011 - 12:07 AM

Why don't you just download the tileset and look into it? There's a good part of an overworld already finished. With some of the best design I've seen in ZC yet, by the way.
And well, I don't know it of course, but I'd say it came to be because NoeL originally wanted to make a quest with it. Than he sort of didn't in the end and made the stuff public.

#15 NoeL

NoeL

Legend

• Members

Posted 12 April 2011 - 12:14 AM

QUOTE(trudatman @ Apr 11 2011, 06:57 PM) View Post
I absolutely love this set, judging from the screenshot. can somebody post more images from this one?
Follow the link Sheik posted and download the quest for yourself. There's a few dozen screens already built, plus a screen or two of what was to be inside the giant tree in the centre of the island. The quest itself is playable in ZC, though I think the dive warp I set up at the title screen no longer works. If you change the "continue" room in the Title dmap to 1F instead of 0F it'll play fine.

QUOTE(trudatman @ Apr 11 2011, 06:57 PM) View Post
how did this set come to be?
I made it a few years ago.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users