Photo

SotW 200 -- Diamond!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
23 replies to this topic

Poll: Vote for your favorite SotW. (58 member(s) have cast votes)

SotW 200 -- Diamond

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#16 CastChaos

CastChaos

Deified

• Members

Posted 03 March 2008 - 03:25 AM

CastChaos: Well, nowadays I submit ZQuest screens and this time I forgot to crop it... In fact, when I showed it to Pregnant_Cow I didn't feel the need of cropping it, and later when I submitted I didn't even realize it wasn't cropped... icon_unsettled.gif

Dorian: A nice Classic screen and I always like the snow in ZC... but still just a Classic screen. We can see even better things in something like the 200th SotW.

Gleeok: A background with a sprite on it. Knowing you it's full of scripts, but the screen is still just a... background with a sprite on it.

Joe123: Nice palette and design. But isn't SD3 water is for big bodies of non-shallow water? Still really great screen.

LinkMystro: Bland. Just a lot of mountains and a few other things. Plus this... fog... would make me not vote the screen anyway.

LostInHyru1e: Good DoR2.0 screen. But not enough special for SotW, especially not for SotW200.

I nulled for being in. If I hadn't been in, I would have voted Joe123, but I still like mine better.

#17 Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

smash the bye button

• Members

Posted 03 March 2008 - 04:05 AM

CastChaos... I would have voted for this, if it wasn't for the web... or... no, I wouldn't... cause Joe123 entered too icon_razz.gif

Dorian: Awesome classic shot... Great work... I love the classic set, but I love DoR even more :/

Gleeok: This shot is... well, it's not ''great'' as in ''awesome screendesign dude!!!!'' but as in ''unique''... can't wait to play!

Joe123... EPIC... WIN!.... Perfect... even though you used small trees :3

LinkMystro, what is up with that subscreen?! Meh... and the screen is empty and boring, and the rain (?!) screws it up...

LiH: I... I... I think I just changed my mind about my vote... cause that is... wow....
Nah, I'm kidding... it doesen't go anywhere NEAR Joe123's shot...
Mountains aren't straight, but still are, if you get what I mean... and trhe shot is boring overall...

Do I make favorites? Yes... Is it ''fair''? No... Do I care? Nope...

#18 DarkFlameWolf

DarkFlameWolf

Murana Wolford

• Members

Posted 03 March 2008 - 06:22 AM

Toss between Joe and LinkMystro, but LM had a case of 'too much mountain' so my vote went to Joe.

#19 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 03 March 2008 - 11:01 AM

QUOTE(Shoelace @ Mar 2 2008, 09:15 PM) View Post

Gleeok, I am so sorry dude, I put the wrong caption on the wrong picture. >_< I am so sorry. I just changed it for you. >_<

Okay, now that screen is a lot funnier. icon_lol.gif

#20 Dorian

Dorian

Adept

• Members

Posted 03 March 2008 - 11:16 AM

Nobody get my vote (nulled)
and yay for my only vote ! icon_lol.gif

my screen consist of heavy palette editing with minimal (here none) custom tiles

#21 Nathaniel

Nathaniel

Deified

• Members

Posted 03 March 2008 - 03:25 PM

CastChaos - 7/10
Looks pretty neat to me. It is unique without question, and the details are good. What confuses me though is the outer portions of the screen. I am not sure what that is all about in relation to the room, but that might be for some special effect, so I will leave that alone.

Dorian - 6/10
It looks pretty good for a classic style screen, considering the limitations. However, I am not a big fan of that ice. I wonder if there is a better ice that would fit in the classic set.

Gleeok - 5/10
Looks interesting, but it is almost completely based on one fixed background image, which makes it very hard for me to determine the amount of effort put into the actual design of the whole screen. On the other hand, the slight ambiguity of the ship (or whatever the blue thing is) actually helps it fit in the screen better. Good job on that tidbit.

Joe123 - 8/10
A well put together screen with lots of detail and a great eye for nature. Very good subscreen too. You have my vote.

LinkMystro - 6/10
The weather effect is perhaps the best unique thing about this screen. The rest of the design is good at best, but not excellent. I am wondering if there is a way to slightly increase the amount of detail in the more elevated left half of the screen. The ground details around the tree are good. I am glad you decided to stick with just one tree, since they come in fewer numbers as you get higher up in elevation, and this screen certainly gives that high elevation feel. Unless it's because it's early in the quest, the subscreen is very plain.

LostInHyrule - 7/10
I like this screen overall, although the river bank could probably look better if it was a little more rugged, if that is possible with those particular tiles. While the building is kind of bland in its design, the wall choice is good.

#22 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 03 March 2008 - 05:29 PM

Voted for Dorian. I like a good Classic shot. D:

Gleeok, scenery isn't enough to make a good shot. Only the ZC newbies'll vote for it, most of the time.

#23 ZebraStallion

ZebraStallion

Follower of Destiny

• Members

Posted 03 March 2008 - 09:31 PM

voted for LostInHyrule. icon_thumbsup.gif

#24 /M/

/M/

6♣7♠8♥9♥10♥

• Members

Posted 10 March 2008 - 08:01 PM

Joe123's well designed forest screenshot wins this proportion of SotW 200. Congratulations to him. Its now Shoelace and Joe123 for the finals.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users