• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Eddy

Eddy

ringle

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 05 July 2014 - 09:55 AM

As of now, 3 areas in this quest are completed. Those areas are Hero's Village, Hyrule Town and Woodfall.

Following from that, I have just started making Level 1, Woodfall Palace. It's gonna be a Swamp/Forest dungeon, and I haven't quite thought of a gimmick for the dungeon yet, but I'll come up with one in a bit.

Anyways, enjoy these screenshots:
vIib5DX.png?1
Woodfall Palace entrance room

LUbrJLl.png?1
Woodfall Palace outside entrance

I'll also probably be doing weekly updates, since that's a very original idea ( :P). Anyway, will update again on the 9th July!

Edited by EddyTheOliveira, 05 July 2014 - 09:55 AM.

• Shane and runaru like this

#2 Moosh

Moosh

Tiny Little Questmaker

• ZC Developers

Posted 05 July 2014 - 10:09 AM

Looking really good so far. Just say the words "No Aquamentus" and I'm sold. :P
  • Eddy likes this

#3 Eddy

Eddy

ringle

• Moderators

Posted 05 July 2014 - 10:30 AM

Looking really good so far. Just say the words "No Aquamentus" and I'm sold. :P

But what's a ZC quest without Aquamentus? D:

Anyway, thanks! Aquamentus for a forest/swamp dungeon is a little weird, so I got something else planned instead lol.

Edited by EddyTheOliveira, 05 July 2014 - 10:30 AM.

#4 ZeldaPlayer

ZeldaPlayer

What's up my playas

• Members

Posted 05 July 2014 - 11:05 AM

Looking forward to the completion in the future, but awesome screenshots you have!  :)

• Eddy likes this

#5 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 05 July 2014 - 12:34 PM

But what's a ZC quest without Aquamentus? D:

Better!

I'm liking what I'm seeing here. The swamp looks really nice (are those water objects custom?), and the entrance room seems to indicate at least some degree of nonlinearity, which is always nice. I'm not sure if starting on the dungeon before you actually have its gimmick planned is a good idea, but if it works for you, go for it.

#6 Eddy

Eddy

ringle

• Moderators

Posted 05 July 2014 - 01:57 PM

Better!

I'm liking what I'm seeing here. The swamp looks really nice (are those water objects custom?), and the entrance room seems to indicate at least some degree of nonlinearity, which is always nice. I'm not sure if starting on the dungeon before you actually have its gimmick planned is a good idea, but if it works for you, go for it.

Thanks! The water objects are actually from Lightwulf's classic tileset expansion pack.

And as for the 2nd thing, starting out a dungeon before planning a gimmick always tends to work, since 1-2 rooms in, I manage to immediately think of something.

Talking about that, LunarRedMage gave me an idea of draining the swamp water to access other areas in the dungeon. So that's basically gonna be the gimmick of the dungeon.

#7 Eddy

Eddy

ringle

• Moderators

Posted 06 July 2014 - 11:09 AM

Alright, bumping this topic a bit.

Level 1 is now completed! It's not very long but it should give a nice introduction to the quest.

As for a demo, I'm going to be waiting for October's autumn expo, so by then I should have quite a bit to show off.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users