Zelda Deluxe 1st Quest - Now For Download

• Please log in to reply
113 replies to this topic

#1 Matthew Bluefox

Matthew Bluefox

Meow

• Members

Posted 14 June 2012 - 08:22 PM

Zelda Deluxe is a dubble-quest project based on the original TLOZ, butt of course with my "deluxious" ambience. New items, new enemies (those from Zelda 1.5 Deluxe and more), two cumplete overworlds (!!) based on the original and nine dungeons, also based on the original game. The overworlds had to be redesigned from scratch due to the all new tilesets of the client build (2.50 Beta RC3). It took a great deal of time and there might still be a few bugs. The enemies in the basic Hyrule overworld map are almeowst identical to the basic game. Some screens have received additional enemies where it made no sense to me to have no enemies in the original game. There is now a mirror Hyrule overworld with much stronger enemies. I hope you're gunna enjoy that. The first five levels are accessible from Hyrule, while the last four levels have to be accessed through the mirror part of Hyrule.

Feature List:

- Two Full Overworlds (128 Screens Each)
- Ten Dungeons (9 Normal, 1 Bonus)
- L3 / L4 Enemy Variants: Octoroks, Moblins, Goriyas, Darknuts, Stalfos, Tektites etc.
- New Enemy Types: Magic Pol's Voices, Splitting Darknuts, Mirror Wizzrobes, Fire Wizzrobes, Wind Wizzrobes, Death Knights, Elite Lanmolas, Elite Leevers, Boss-Type Moldorm, Money-Drain Like Likes, Magic-Drain Like Likes
- New Palettes: Including Modified PAL Sets (Aquamenti, Manhandlas, Money-Drain Like Likes, Elite Enemies, Wind Wizzies etc.)
- One New Soundtrack: Mirror Hyrule (Surprise - It's part of the original, but never used in-game, only before hehe).
- All Original NES Soundtracks - NOT Midi - With Loops (Except Mirror Hyrule)
- New Items: Yellow Candle, Purple Ring, Mirror Shield, Bomb Bags, Quivers, Master Sword, Purple Potion, Fire Arrow, Fire Boomerang, Long Bow, Hammer, Lens Of Truth, Cane Of Byrna
- New Item In 2nd Quest Only: Four-Way Ladder
- Magic Meter & Cost & Specific Items

You need Zelda 2.50 (final release) to play this quest bugfree. I have decided that these quests are to be the new "Deluxe" quests. The former "Zelda 1.5 Deluxe" single quest had severe graphical issues in the mirror world which would have taken longer to fix than actually doing these new quests. I really hope you're gunna enjoy them! It's got the typical oldschool feeling, even half of the game is still playable like the original (secrets are similar etc.). However, it's also got the all new shiny stuff from later games in it. It's like a mix of Zelda 1 and Zelda 3 from the SNES. icon_smile.gif

The quests are now available for download. Check my signature for the most updated download source. If you find any bugs, by all means, please do let me know! icon_smile.gif

~ Matthew Bluefox

Edited by Matthew Bluefox, 04 February 2013 - 05:31 AM.

#2 vravelo

vravelo

I was killed a lot""---, try me now..!

• Members

Posted 14 June 2012 - 11:36 PM

Hi mathew i thank you very much for posting this quest which i love so much!
I suppose is a bit different from your first creation!
I've downloaded tonight and will start playing tomorrow
i will rate this as soon I enter level nine -- that's my goal
-
keep fighting icon_thumbsup.gif

Until I have received the first feedback from another player, it's considered a public beta. I made sure there are no major bugs left, butt if you find a minor one, by all means, please do let me know! icon_smile.gif

~ Matthew Bluefox

Edited by vravelo, 15 June 2012 - 09:12 AM.

#3 Matthew Bluefox

Matthew Bluefox

Meow

• Members

Posted 15 June 2012 - 03:21 AM

Thanks Vravelo! Great to still see you active here, and still willing to play one of my creations. *wink* icon_smile.gif

Hotfix Level 5 Entrance - Zelda Deluxe 1st Quest (Playable) ... so sorry for that. It got somehow forgotten to be fixed. Of course it makes no sense to have a red bush in front of the entrance door at Level 5 if you need to re-visit Level 4 after Level 5 to get the yellow candle ... rofl! Epic fail dev bug. Now fixed. Otherwise, you won't be able to enter Level 5 in the first place. icon_smile.gif

PS: Vravelo, please edit your post when you see this. The link in your quote is no longer working. icon_smile.gif

Edited by Matthew Bluefox, 15 June 2012 - 07:24 AM.

#4 vravelo

vravelo

• Members

Posted 15 June 2012 - 09:18 AM

QUOTE(Matthew Bluefox @ Jun 15 2012, 03:21 AM) View Post

Thanks Vravelo! Great to still see you active here, and still willing to play one of my creations. *wink* icon_smile.gif

Hotfix Level 5 Entrance - Zelda Deluxe 1st Quest (Playable) ... so sorry for that. It got somehow forgotten to be fixed. Of course it makes no sense to have a red bush in front of the entrance door at Level 5 if you need to re-visit Level 4 after Level 5 to get the yellow candle ... rofl! Epic fail dev bug. Now fixed. Otherwise, you won't be able to enter Level 5 in the first place. icon_smile.gif

PS: Vravelo, please edit your post when you see this. The link in your quote is no longer working. icon_smile.gif

Got it!!, did make another download with this new info,,now,,,," breakfast "' icon_lol.gif ....... first things first icon_biggrin.gif

#5 Matthew Bluefox

Matthew Bluefox

Meow

• Members

Posted 15 June 2012 - 09:39 AM

Haha, no problem, take your time. icon_smile.gif

#6 ZeldaLink

ZeldaLink

• Members

Posted 16 June 2012 - 01:45 AM

QUOTE(Matthew Bluefox @ Jun 15 2012, 08:22 AM) View Post

The quest is being created on the RC3 client of 2.5 Beta which can be downloaded on the Armageddon Games forums for sure. I don't know if it's available at PureZC as well.

I think it's available here, just in case you don't know.

#7 Radien

Radien

Courage

• Members

Posted 16 June 2012 - 02:47 AM

Hmmm... Not gonna upload it to the PZC database? Or post any screenshots, perhaps....?

#8 Matthew Bluefox

Matthew Bluefox

Meow

• Members

Posted 16 June 2012 - 06:30 AM

Radien, are you a Swiss fan? *looks at your avatar* I'm from Switzerland, haha. icon_smile.gif

About the database, last time I was told PureZC doesn't support Beta 2.5 quests, only those with 1.90 or 2.10 ... so if that has changed, I'd for sure upload it to the database. icon_smile.gif

Edit: Apparently it's possible now, I just uploaded it. icon_smile.gif

Edited by Matthew Bluefox, 16 June 2012 - 07:08 AM.

#9 MermaidCim

MermaidCim

Yes I'm that guy who dreamt Dani was Zelda. LOL Cimfam/zelda

• Members

Posted 16 June 2012 - 08:43 AM

HARD!

nuff said. This quest is tricky. You can't just use brute force here, I think you need to plan carefully and use good memory and logic.

#10 Matthew Bluefox

Matthew Bluefox

Meow

• Members

Posted 16 June 2012 - 09:00 AM

The trick is to only enter Mirror Hyrule if really necessary and walk the rest of the way in Hyrule, unless you have the purple ring and the magical sword, fire boomerang strongly recommended.

Also, in Level 9, you shouldn't blindly walk into the hard rooms (most of them aren't necessary to be done). Just do the rooms you need to do to get the items and to get to Ganon. The way there is still the same as in the original. That should help you to evade unnecessary rooms. However, if you wish to get the Master Sword, you will have to do a few additional rooms you usually never see.

Sostaci, did you find any bugs worth mentioning on your playthrough?

PS: There is a trick in the dungeons. I don't know why this is happening, but you can sumhow use your sword in the doorway (at least partially). If you really can't beat some enemies, then hide in the doorway and "cheat legally" through the room. Of course that should only be the last viable option for a good player. icon_wink.gif Also, try the hammer on Darknuts, it works wonders. And if you noticed, the candle fire damage increases with the level of your candle (blue deals 1 - wooden sword, yellow deals 2 - white sword and red deals 4 - magical sword). The hammer itself deals as much damage as a white sword hit.

Edited by Matthew Bluefox, 16 June 2012 - 09:03 AM.

#11 MermaidCim

MermaidCim

• Members

Posted 16 June 2012 - 07:03 PM

QUOTE(Matthew Bluefox @ Jun 16 2012, 10:00 AM) View Post

The trick is to only enter Mirror Hyrule if really necessary and walk the rest of the way in Hyrule, unless you have the purple ring and the magical sword, fire boomerang strongly recommended.

Also, in Level 9, you shouldn't blindly walk into the hard rooms (most of them aren't necessary to be done). Just do the rooms you need to do to get the items and to get to Ganon. The way there is still the same as in the original. That should help you to evade unnecessary rooms. However, if you wish to get the Master Sword, you will have to do a few additional rooms you usually never see.

Sostaci, did you find any bugs worth mentioning on your playthrough?

PS: There is a trick in the dungeons. I don't know why this is happening, but you can sumhow use your sword in the doorway (at least partially). If you really can't beat some enemies, then hide in the doorway and "cheat legally" through the room. Of course that should only be the last viable option for a good player. icon_wink.gif Also, try the hammer on Darknuts, it works wonders. And if you noticed, the candle fire damage increases with the level of your candle (blue deals 1 - wooden sword, yellow deals 2 - white sword and red deals 4 - magical sword). The hammer itself deals as much damage as a white sword hit.

I've gotten so good at Zelda quests that getting the Level 3 Ring isn't a high priority for me....but this quest as I said is tricky. Those innocent octorocks are a killer.

No major bugs to speak of, just searching for Level 8.

Edited by SoStaci, 16 June 2012 - 07:04 PM.

#12 Matthew Bluefox

Matthew Bluefox

Meow

• Members

Posted 17 June 2012 - 05:11 AM

Level 8 is the trickiest to find. If you want a hint, let me know. icon_smile.gif There is a hint in-game when you enter the Level 5 entrance from Hyrule in Mirror Hyrule. There's another "Gohma-ish" cave, but arrows won't do you any good there.

Edited by Matthew Bluefox, 17 June 2012 - 05:12 AM.

#13 MermaidCim

MermaidCim

• Members

Posted 17 June 2012 - 09:25 AM

I'll play a few more minutes and if I keep struggling, I will PM you.

#14 ms_zelda_lady

ms_zelda_lady

Warrior

• Members

Posted 17 June 2012 - 12:17 PM

Hi Matthew. Nice to see that you have put together a new quest. I've just downloaded it and I hope to give it a go later today.

#15 vravelo

vravelo

• Members

Posted 17 June 2012 - 01:06 PM

QUOTE(ms_zelda_lady @ Jun 17 2012, 12:17 PM) View Post

Hi Matthew. Nice to see that you have put together a new quest. I've just downloaded it and I hope to give it a go later today.

mmm... !? -- this is and old quest I think it was revamped --- believe me, this is a jewel " icon_confused.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users