Photo

Screenshot of the Month 86

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
41 replies to this topic

Poll: Screenshot of the Month 86 (39 member(s) have cast votes)

~

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#16 Dawnlight

Dawnlight

My name is NOT Jason!

• Members

Posted 27 November 2011 - 11:03 PM

Yoshidude, please tell me the difference between inspiration and copying others. :/

#17 Vinyl Scratch

Vinyl Scratch

• Members

Posted 27 November 2011 - 11:05 PM

QUOTE(Keiichi123 @ Nov 27 2011, 09:55 PM) View Post

And accusing people of copying followed by overreactions is really getting irritating. Get a new gimmick people!

Paranoia is a bad thing. No one is trying to steal your top secret screen designs.

Now you better be trolling. You better be or I'm going to really worry about you.

null'd, they all are ew.

EDIT:

IPB ImageIPB Image

Edited by Vaelstrom, 27 November 2011 - 11:08 PM.

#18 Shane

Shane

🩶

• Moderators

Posted 27 November 2011 - 11:08 PM

IPB Image

Yoshidude, is your area's name "inspired" by this area's name. icon_wink.gif

And accusing people of copying followed by overreactions is really getting irritating. Get a new gimmick people!

Paranoia is a bad thing. No one is trying to steal your top secret screen designs.

Your defending Yoshidude from the truth. The screens are too alike to be paranoia. Even his previous ones are even alike from other quests. There is no denying it. If this is you being honest, I simply can't trust you anymore.

Edited by Shane, 27 November 2011 - 11:42 PM.

#19 Moosh

Moosh

Tiny Little Questmaker

• ZC Developers

Posted 27 November 2011 - 11:09 PM

Ok a couple minutes ago I was totally on Yoshidude's side on this one, then I saw this.

NOBODY but NOBODY steals from Dan and gets away with it on my watch! icon_glare.gif

#20 Plissken

Plissken

What's with these homies dissing our girls?

• Members

Posted 27 November 2011 - 11:10 PM

Voted for Furion, love the palette and sprite work. Fantastic looking metroid style.

#21 Tree

Tree

Everything must go away

• Members

Posted 27 November 2011 - 11:40 PM

It's been explained before.

Dan pointed out that he's made an area in his game with the same make, but yoshi wasn't aware of it.
Sorry guys. I don't mean to go off topic, but everyone attacking my brother is a big no no.

Come on guys, he's a child. There's no reason to cause all this camotion. Don't let all the small things offend you.

QUOTE(Shane @ Nov 27 2011, 11:08 PM) View Post

IPB Image

Yoshidude, is your area's name "inspired" by this area's name. icon_wink.gif
Your defending Yoshidude from the turth. The screens are too alike to be paranoia. Even his previous ones are even alike from other quests. There is no denying it. If this is you being honest, I simply can't trust you anymore.

I also don't blame you not trusting him. He in fact has copied screens before. But when you actually watch someone make it by scratch and people accuse him of copying, it's just foolish.

#22 Shane

Shane

🩶

• Moderators

Posted 27 November 2011 - 11:41 PM

Regardless of the age he still is coping a lot of other people's work there is no denying it. I still don't believe you.

Edited by Shane, 27 November 2011 - 11:48 PM.

#23 William

William

Banditos

• Members

Posted 27 November 2011 - 11:42 PM

QUOTE(Keiichi123 @ Nov 27 2011, 11:36 PM) View Post

Dan pointed out that he's made an area in his game with the same make, but yoshi wasn't aware of it.
Sorry guys. I don't mean to go off topic, but everyone attacking my brother is a big no no.

Come on guys, he's a child. There's no reason to cause all this camotion. Don't let all the small things offend you.

I'm positive that people would be much more accepting of his mistakes if he actually took responsibility for them. I mean, honestly, that chances of Yoshidude randomly coming up with the name "Rokai" without ever seeing the name before are close to zero. If he were to just take responsibility, once and for all, and explain what he did wrong and how he wasn't going to be copying anyone else's work from now on, it'd be done. I mean, we all forgive pretty easily. It's just hard to forgive someone for a mistake they claim they've never made. icon_shrug.gif I think that's why people won't let this stuff go.

#24 Moosh

Moosh

Tiny Little Questmaker

• ZC Developers

Posted 27 November 2011 - 11:45 PM

QUOTE(Keiichi123 @ Nov 27 2011, 11:40 PM) View Post

O.o Where was this? I didn't see that in SotW 344. Did that happen in the screenshot critique thread?

#25 William

William

Banditos

• Members

Posted 27 November 2011 - 11:46 PM

QUOTE(Pokemonmaster64 @ Nov 27 2011, 11:45 PM) View Post

O.o Where was this? I didn't see that in SotW 344. Did that happen in the screenshot critique thread?

Yes, this is where it took place. However, even there Yoshidude didn't take responsibility for copying it.

#26 Tree

Tree

Everything must go away

• Members

Posted 27 November 2011 - 11:49 PM

Believe what you may. Nothing wrong with that icon_wink.gif
But rationalize your post before posting them.

Continue on the subject. You know, the screenshot of the month?

#27 Moosh

Moosh

Tiny Little Questmaker

• ZC Developers

Posted 27 November 2011 - 11:53 PM

QUOTE(Keiichi123 @ Nov 27 2011, 11:49 PM) View Post

Believe what you may. Nothing wrong with that icon_wink.gif
But rationalize your post before posting them.

Continue on the subject. You know, the screenshot of the month?

Sorry to burst your brotherly love bubble, but we ARE on the subject of the contest when we critique your brother's screen for looking too similar to Shiek's.

On another note HOLY CRAP DID I MENTION BLUE_KNIGHT'S SCREEN IS AMAZING!?

#28 Jared

Jared

Deified

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 27 November 2011 - 11:54 PM

QUOTE(Keiichi123 @ Nov 27 2011, 11:40 PM) View Post

But when you actually watch someone make it by scratch and people accuse him of copying, it's just foolish.

You act like he has no brain. When I remember Hero of Dreams, I remember the rooms the dungeons had in my mind. I could copy them without looking at them. You don't have to be looking at the screens to be copying them, Keiichi.

#29 Shane

Shane

🩶

• Moderators

Posted 27 November 2011 - 11:56 PM

But when you actually watch someone make it by scratch and people accuse him of copying, it's just foolish.

Would you like it if I copied your little brother's Selhera Village without looking and used your excuse? icon_sweat.gif

#30 William

William

Banditos

• Members

Posted 27 November 2011 - 11:59 PM

Come on guys, we're all friends here. I think what everyone is looking for is a little acknowledgement about the copying problem and maybe a plan on how he's going to do things differently. I mean, everyone feels better as long as their concerns are heard. I'm sure we can just move past this incident once it's in the past, right? Let's put the past behind us, acknowledge the problem and move on.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users