Ultimate quest

• Please log in to reply
124 replies to this topic

#16 LostInHyru1e

LostInHyru1e

Can you take me as far as PureZC?

• Members

Posted 21 March 2008 - 08:16 PM

Woah, I never signed up for Dungeon Design, I'm not particularly good at that. You should have a "Scripting" section. I would organize it, at least so far, somewhat like this:

Overall Coordinator:
Lord Ike
Story:
LostInHyru1e
Lord Ike
Design Coordinators:
-OPEN-
-OPEN-
Overworld Programmers:
Joe123
LostInHyru1e
-OPEN-
Dungeon Programmers:
Alestance
-OPEN-
-OPEN-
-OPEN-
Scripting:
Gleeok
Joe123
Graphical Edits and Additions:
-OPEN-
-OPEN-

Edited by LostInHyru1e, 21 March 2008 - 08:18 PM.

#17 Alestance

Alestance

Saint Alestance - Eliminator of the ZGP format

• Members

Posted 21 March 2008 - 08:16 PM

not to be pushy, but what are you doing? icon_razz.gif

Edited by Alestance, 21 March 2008 - 08:16 PM.

#18 Joe123

Joe123

Retired

• Members

Posted 21 March 2008 - 08:17 PM

Where's your graphics and game system setup sections?

#19 LostInHyru1e

LostInHyru1e

• Members

Posted 21 March 2008 - 08:18 PM

"Game System Setup"? Forgot about graphics... wait...

#20 ElLibertador

ElLibertador

Love and Peace

• Members

Posted 21 March 2008 - 08:30 PM

Just throwing stuff in.
If you really want to have a huge thing, you need more groups. Such as:
-Lead designer
--Overworld Design
--Interior Design
--Dungeon Design
-Lead Graphics
--Overworld Graphics
--Item Graphics
--NPC Graphics
-Lead Music

And so on and so forth...but that may be pushing it.

#21 Gleeok

Gleeok

It's dangerous to dough alone, bake this.

• Members

Posted 21 March 2008 - 08:33 PM

The point I was going to make before was this:

There cannot be an 'Overall Coordinator' or whatever you want to call it. Everyone has an equal opinion, and designs at area's where they are good at. For an example of what i'm talking about see the Lost Isle thread at AGN and look at some bickering between DFW and Peteo. (sorry dfw) XD. case and point.
It seems to me that when one person makes a quest, idea's tend to drop off to a trickle, therefore it makes sense that more ideas=more good. xD

Anyway, yeah. Needs more dungeons.

#22 Marco

Marco

• Banned

Posted 21 March 2008 - 08:35 PM

Everyones right. LinkMystro, you said music, which I forgot. And LostinHyrule, you have a great idea about that, but we still need to see what we need. Until then, whats the tileset. Anything, anyone? I say a alloy of PTUX and new DoR. But thats my opinion. So what do you think?

#23 LostInHyru1e

LostInHyru1e

• Members

Posted 21 March 2008 - 08:36 PM

I'd say 9 dungeons total. Sound good to you guys? Each with a theme.

BTW, on the Overall Coordinator thing, here's what I purpose: We ELECT an "Overall Coordinator", and he will basically serve to make the project happen. However: in decisions regarding quest making, his vote will have no more weight than the rest of ours. Sound good?

EDIT: I'd say go with either PTUX or NewDoR, but their perspectives are far too different to "Mix" them. DoR2.0 looks better, but PTUX is far easier to work with. Also, I am very partial to the GB Mountains.

Edited by LostInHyru1e, 21 March 2008 - 08:38 PM.

#24 Marco

Marco

• Banned

Posted 21 March 2008 - 08:37 PM

oh, I forgot. How are we going to exchange this? who's going to have the quest what days?

#25 LostInHyru1e

LostInHyru1e

• Members

Posted 21 March 2008 - 08:39 PM

I say, once we elect an "Overall Coordinator", that person will take control of keeping the quest. Whenever somebody has something BIG that they feel they can add, then the Quest File is E-Mailed to that person and all the stuff is added, then sent back to the Coordinator. This way, we can have only one main quest file at a time.

EDIT: BTW, Lord Ike, are you okay with us electing an Overall Coordinator? I don't want to "steal" this away from you and give it to someone else, but I feel it would be more fair if we voted.

Edited by LostInHyru1e, 21 March 2008 - 08:39 PM.

#26 Gleeok

Gleeok

• Members

Posted 21 March 2008 - 08:47 PM

QUOTE(Lord Ike @ Mar 21 2008, 06:37 PM) View Post

oh, I forgot. How are we going to exchange this? who's going to have the quest what days?

Now that my freind is the beauty of 2.5 and organization!

Once the "official" tileset is put together, (Gleeok votes DoR, pure bad...gleeok not like pure set, gleeok hit with large mallet pure...), Then everyone uses that, and we coordinate use of Dmaps,Maps, etc.. And simply import them as needed. Ingenious! So really one person has the newest version of the quest at a time, but dungeons and overworlds can still be made by anyone at anytime.

QUOTE(LostInHyru1e @ Mar 21 2008, 06:39 PM) View Post

I say, once we elect an "Overall Coordinator", that person will take control of keeping the quest. Whenever somebody has something BIG that they feel they can add, then the Quest File is E-Mailed to that person and all the stuff is added, then sent back to the Coordinator. This way, we can have only one main quest file at a time.

EDIT: BTW, Lord Ike, are you okay with us electing an Overall Coordinator? I don't want to "steal" this away from you and give it to someone else, but I feel it would be more fair if we voted.

See above post please. icon_wink.gif

Edited by Gleeok, 21 March 2008 - 08:48 PM.

#27 Marco

Marco

• Banned

Posted 21 March 2008 - 08:47 PM

Yes, I do agree, LostinHyrule. Yet, I wouldn't care if it was not me, becasue I am still a bit fresh. Yet I have mastered stories and ideas, so lets get to the main point. Voting. and vote I shall,

Lord Ike
LostinHyrule
Joe123
Alestance
Gleeok

but wait a minuete, Its us 5 thats the main people. I don't see anyone ealse. So if it is us five, then this would be a bit more orginized. But still.....

#28 Gleeok

Gleeok

• Members

Posted 21 March 2008 - 08:50 PM

QUOTE(Lord Ike @ Mar 21 2008, 06:47 PM) View Post

but wait a minuete, Its us 5 thats the main people. I don't see anyone ealse. So if it is us five, then this would be a bit more orginized. But still.....

I would give this a few more days before jumping anything. I mean, in the least, there is still no one that is making dungeons yet.....

#29 ElLibertador

ElLibertador

Love and Peace

• Members

Posted 21 March 2008 - 08:55 PM

Yeah you should wait a bit so people can sign up, if there are any more.

Edited by LinkMystro, 21 March 2008 - 08:55 PM.

#30 Marco

Marco

• Banned

Posted 21 March 2008 - 08:56 PM

Thats true, Gleeok. I would give it about until Sunday night, whenever your time zone is. But, Ok, I don't really like pure either, ( microwaves pure ) so DoR it is!!!!!!!! icon_smile.gif But if anyone objects, then do elaborate. Yet what I have to say is the overworld. Should we make it epic? Like two regular overworlds, or Huge like Lost Isle, six bs Overworlds? Or anything ealse? lets all say.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users