Photo

Ultimate quest

• Please log in to reply
124 replies to this topic

#1 Marco

Marco

• Banned

Posted 21 March 2008 - 06:42 PM

Well, I have a dream. icon_ahha.gif We all ( well most ) have played great quests, and we knows what we hunger for. Lost Isle, Origin, Hero of Dreams, and Link to the Heavens are some of the great quests we have played. Well, I know this may sound crazy, but what if, what if.... We all pitch in to make a quest, better than every quest alive. We can achieve it! even though some of us is already making our own quests, but if we pitch in only a little, theres no telling what can be achieved. Such as Linkus's screenshot of the year, ( Noel won though, congrats Noel and Linkus icon_clap.gif ) Well that blowed my mind icon_omg.gif . If we all work together, then we could make something like that, but a quest. I sound like sheer lunacy icon_deformed.gif , but mabe, if we all just tried. so who's in?

#2 Joe123

Joe123

Retired

• Members

Posted 21 March 2008 - 06:47 PM

Heh, yeah ok, sounds like a laugh.

I'm extremly sceptical as to whether you'll get it organised properly however.

#3 LostInHyru1e

LostInHyru1e

Can you take me as far as PureZC?

• Members

Posted 21 March 2008 - 06:48 PM

Ya know what, a "PureZC Quest" would be totally awesome. I would 100% support this, and I'd pitch in. Probably something to do with water- islands in an overworld, maybe.

What tileset and premise were you thinking of, Lord Ike?

#4 Alestance

Alestance

Saint Alestance - Eliminator of the ZGP format

• Members

Posted 21 March 2008 - 07:02 PM

If such a project ever comes to more than a thought, I'd love to contribute.

Even if multiple organizers come along, we can make something cool.

#5 Gleeok

Gleeok

It's dangerous to dough alone, bake this.

• Members

Posted 21 March 2008 - 07:05 PM

EDIT: Oh, wow. People are into this. well my offer of scripting still stands. ....my post was based on people skeptical I guess.....

Simple; All you need is a few people to make dungeons, someone for the overworld, someone to help with gameplay, someone for subscreen and/or graphics, and two more people for scripts, ffcs, enemies and bosses.

Oh, and someone to make a storyline, cutscenes, etc..

This could probably be compressed into maybe 3-4 people.

step 1; Decide a tileset. everyone involved gets a large chunk of free predesignated combo space, Dmap, map, etc.
step 2; Design the BASIC layout for the game.
step 3; Start building a quest.
step 4; No one is allowed to ***** at anyone saying stuff like "my idea is better" if they are not in charge of that area of design...there would be a group evaluation for that in periods of beta testing.

etc...

Personally I believe there is no reason why Group Quests shouldn't work. If enough people deem it worthy of making, then I will volunteer for making enemies and scripting weapons, bosses, items, etc...

Edited by Gleeok, 21 March 2008 - 07:07 PM.

#6 LostInHyru1e

LostInHyru1e

Can you take me as far as PureZC?

• Members

Posted 21 March 2008 - 07:14 PM

I would love to be the storyline writer for this. You guys could give me the type of plot you want, and I could write it and take care of the strings and stuff.

That's my request: To be the storyline writer. I'm fairly good with overworlds, but there are better people than me. I'm sure if I really put work into it, my plot could be among the best. (At the very least, better than any overworlds contributions I'm capable of)

#7 Marco

Marco

• Banned

Posted 21 March 2008 - 07:15 PM

Wow..... ok. This is going to be orginized, which some may not believe. Yes, this is a promise that is insane, but with us all, we could do it. Like If someone is great at making a graveyard, then that person would design it. Its simple. As for the tileset.... well we could all agree to that. But before this, I just want to see who is up for this. so....

Participants

1- LostinHyrule
2- Alestance
3- Come on, we can do it
4- We can all agree
5- Feel Credited
6- Everything from 3 and down are not real people. 1 and 2 are.
7- So....
8- Any suggestions?
9- Ideas?
10- Hate?

No rush to want to help, but the ten are going to be the main creators. Tileset, I'm thinking of new DoR, or PTUX. Yet, I think these are all overused..... so how about using PTUX or DoR as the foundation, and rip away......

#8 Joe123

Joe123

Retired

• Members

Posted 21 March 2008 - 07:17 PM

I'm capable of doing overworlds and scripting, I don't enjoy making dungeons although I can do it, and I really enjoy setting up tilesets and sorting out sprites and subscreens and all that.

I think I have quite a knack for making things run smoothly though maybe.

I'm up for doing anything though if you want icon_shrug.gif
So long as it doesn't overtake other projects.

EDIT: Hey, I said I'd do it before those two and I'm not on the list! =(

Edited by Joe123, 21 March 2008 - 07:20 PM.

#9 Alestance

Alestance

Saint Alestance - Eliminator of the ZGP format

• Members

Posted 21 March 2008 - 07:21 PM

I want to do dialogue, manage dungeon design, and help with the story(or back-story)

Also, if there are anything needed, graphic-wise, I can draw.

Edited by Alestance, 21 March 2008 - 07:22 PM.

#10 Marco

Marco

• Banned

Posted 21 March 2008 - 07:27 PM

Ok, Im gonna group this.

~Story writers
1-Lost in Hyrule
2-

~Designers ( those who give ideas )
1-Joe123
2-

~Programmers ( those who design )
1-Joe123
2-

~Testers
1-
2-

Well, if you want another job, tell me! Or if you want multiple jobs or if I have forgotten something, just say. This is not a one person runner, I want to make sure everyone is happy icon_biggrin.gif , and we all agree. So once we have everyone ready, then we can start planning.

#11 Joe123

Joe123

Retired

• Members

Posted 21 March 2008 - 07:33 PM

What're you doing?
Just organising?

And howcomes Alestance doesn't get a place as anything? =P

#12 Gleeok

Gleeok

It's dangerous to dough alone, bake this.

• Members

Posted 21 March 2008 - 07:39 PM

Uhh...You left out a bunch of stuff. <_< You couldn't possibly be thinking of using 2.10 for this!? That's just stupid.

Howabout this:

Volunteers so far for group quest effort:

Lord Ike?
Joe123
Alestance
Gleeok
LostinHyru1e

#13 Joe123

Joe123

Retired

• Members

Posted 21 March 2008 - 07:42 PM

Oh yeah, I'm not doing anything in 2.10.

#14 Marco

Marco

• Banned

Posted 21 March 2008 - 07:54 PM

Ok, Ok, Ok, I left out abunch of stuff. Heres what I'm going to put down for now, in case anyone wants to change.

~ Story
.LostinHyrule
.Lord Ike
~ Design
.Joe123
.Alestance
~ Dialouge
.Alestance
.LostInHyrule
~ Overworld programmers
.LostinHyrule
.Joe123
~ Interior/dungeon programmers
.Alestance
.LostinHyrule
~ Graphics
.Gleeok
.Lord Ike
~ Assistance -however its spelled-
. Gleeok

This only so far, so its not official.I can have the offical list by the end of sunday.

#15 Joe123

Joe123

Retired

• Members

Posted 21 March 2008 - 08:08 PM

If you leave this up for another day or two, I don't think it'd be unlikely that you might get a few more people assisting.

It's nice to see a few of the more seasoned members signing up to work with though I suppose.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users