• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Dawnlight

Dawnlight

My name is NOT Jason!

• Members

Posted 21 March 2008 - 09:17 AM

http://ds.ign.com/ar...0/860511p1.html

Watch! Guitar Hero is coming on the Nintendo DS this summer. Although it looks kinda retarded. icon_shrug.gif

Edited by TriMaster001, 21 March 2008 - 09:20 AM.

#2 Lemon

Lemon

Legend

• Members

Posted 21 March 2008 - 10:17 AM

I think this idea would work better with Mini-Piano hero, as I really don't see a guitar in that. Either way, I doubt I'll waste 40 dollars on it.

#3 Golden Chocobo

Golden Chocobo

For Hoshido!

• Members

Posted 21 March 2008 - 11:07 AM

Er, seriously?

I like Guitar Hero and all, but I'm thinkin' they should find a nice place to stop.
That's kind of an odd spot to put the "Guitar Grip," too. I just picked up my DS and tried it, and it felt really awkward.

#4 Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

smash the bye button

• Members

Posted 21 March 2008 - 11:26 AM

I think this might be good... and for the fift button, they'll probably use the R button...
But really, I can see why you're sceptic... but I think it'll work fine...

#5 LostInHyru1e

LostInHyru1e

Can you take me as far as PureZC?

• Members

Posted 21 March 2008 - 01:04 PM

Can you say "Jump the shark"?

Seriously, though, I dislike this idea very much. Guitar Hero belongs with a Guitar.

#6 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 21 March 2008 - 04:57 PM

While the guitar makes it more realistic-like, I actually don't see this as a bad idea. It looks interesting. The only point of awkwardness is that you're reaching over with your "pick" hand to strum the screen, which is far from realistic.

I may try it, but I won't be buying it. I still need to get a real Guitar Hero game. icon_unsettled.gif

#7 Titanium Justice

Titanium Justice

Justice is served!

• Members

Posted 21 March 2008 - 08:33 PM

Well, I don't have Guitar Hero, but i've played it, and this is sorta a good idea considering DS has the ability to attach accessories firmly this way.
Sure the gameplay would be quite awkward in comparision to the original, though I bet it's going to be way better than the Guitar Hero for cell phones. (Guitar Hero:Mobile)
And actually, I can imagine how well they could make a great profit out of this game. icon_smile.gif

#8 Zenith

Zenith

Old Guard

• Members

Posted 21 March 2008 - 09:36 PM

That control scheme's gonna take some getting used to...and that's if I buy it... icon_shrug.gif

#9 trucky5

trucky5

"WHAT KIND ARE THEY?" THEY'RE GUATIBALIAN!

• Members

Posted 21 March 2008 - 09:39 PM

Hmmm.... IF this has new setlists, then i'll buy it. Thats if I can afford it. Just being a great fan of the game makes me want to see how it would do, even if you have to strum with the touch and only has 4 frets.

#10 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 22 March 2008 - 12:46 PM

It looks good to me. But I doubt it will do well. Many guitar games have popped up for the DS, and not many have made it very well. But that controller looks interesting.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users