Using dmap levels as overworlds???

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Papa

Papa

Disruptive and obnoxious member since 2005

• Members

Posted 12 June 2005 - 07:26 PM

Ok, guys, I hope this doesn't really count as double-posting. Its a completely different question, seeing as how I'll probably put the FF and Earthbound ideas on the back-burner for now. I thought of something MUCH BETTER.

To the point, is there an effective way to use the dungeon map levels as effective over-world levels, read as: each new dmap representing a "new land" so to speak, as in a different land per level on a continuing journey; much in the style of EarthBound, going from one town to the next. BUT, I will keep the player from returning to already-visited lands, as each will basically be a "self-contained" world of its own. Any ideas, or any stories of your own past experiences with this idea? Any and all input is more than welcome.

If this idea does fly, I think it will interest many, many people. But thats just MY opinion, and I'm a little biased on the subject. Thanx for taking the time to read and respond, if anyone does, icon_rolleyes.gif .

#2 ZeldaLord

ZeldaLord

Legendary Hero

• Members

Posted 12 June 2005 - 08:00 PM

What you're suggesting here sounds similar to DoY, where many "levels" were overworlds.

Anyway, this is perfectly feasible, and BS overworld dmaps would be ideal here, seeing as they are just smaller overworld dmaps.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users