d maps

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 prince vaati

prince vaati

Recipient of Ways

• Members

Posted 09 June 2005 - 10:11 PM

how do you make dungons w/ zqst edtr and activate it in zc###?

#2 nicklegends

nicklegends

Trofessional Pransposer

• Contributors
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 10 June 2005 - 12:54 AM

I'm afraid your question is incredibly vague. Would you mind telling us specifically what you need help on? Do you need help building the rooms? You you need help with the right colors? Or do you need help with the DMap designation? I'd be glad to help, but I need to know what question to to answer first. icon_wink.gif

#3 ZeldaLord

ZeldaLord

Legendary Hero

• Members

Posted 10 June 2005 - 09:47 AM

If you just want to know how to get started making dungeons, I suggest you look here first. icon_smile.gif
It explains all the basics about dungeons and overworlds.

#4 Rikou

Rikou

• Members

Posted 10 June 2005 - 12:22 PM

Hey, since this topic is about D Maps, how do you make it where you go through a dungeon, then you come to the boss room, a message shows up, then disappears when you move, then the music changes and the boss fight begins?

#5 prince vaati

prince vaati

Recipient of Ways

• Members

Posted 10 June 2005 - 12:26 PM

If you just want to know how to get started making dungeons, I suggest you look here first

thanks

#6 Rikou

Rikou

• Members

Posted 10 June 2005 - 12:40 PM

I'm talking about making boss battles (NOTE:I don't know how to make custom bosses. Yes, I am a newb.) Like, having a message appear, warning that you've been ambushed, then 10 enemies come out of doors and the music is boss-like. If you beat all of the enemies, The music turns back to normal and you continue through the dungeon. That kind of stuff.

#7 ZeldaLord

ZeldaLord

Legendary Hero

• Members

Posted 10 June 2005 - 01:09 PM

The tutorial explains it a lot better than I can. Just add the text you want to display as the "Dmap intro". icon_smile.gif

Edited by ZeldaLord, 11 June 2005 - 10:28 AM.

#8 Comix

Comix

Hello.

• Members

Posted 15 June 2005 - 03:20 PM

I really need to get better at Zelda Classic. I can't even get my link to move.

LOL.

Anyways, good luck on your dungeon.

#9 Theryan

Theryan

Burrito

• Members

Posted 15 June 2005 - 03:32 PM

To make boss rooms with different music and whatnot, it has to be a different dmap.

#10 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 15 June 2005 - 08:48 PM

Cutscenes and custom bosses...It depend on what you want, Comix. Lets say you want Ganon to say stuff before he attacks.

Note: This is some what advanced, so you may want to read a basic tutorial first.

Okay, Have a side warp taking you to the room you want to have as your boss dilouge. Make the room empty, then layer a dungeon room over it. This way, link can't get stuck. Also, make sure you check the "Invis. Link" rule. Okay, put the enemy you want to be talking on the center of the room. You will need to put in in the combo tray first. Okay, now put a guy, selete his tile in the iles menu so he is invisable. Now set the string, and make a side warp goin to the fight room--

Screw it! Hey I'll get back to you on this. I am going to write a custom boss, and cutscene tutorial when I get around to it...

You'll be the first to get it. icon_wink.gif

#11 Rikou

Rikou

• Members

Posted 16 June 2005 - 11:43 PM

Ok, after ripping some Mega Man link tiles, I've made a small test quest (rhyme) where in level 2, you walk onto glass tiles to warp into a lighter or darker version of the same room (different screens, of course!) and start up enemy spawns and a boss fight against a Aquamentus (Facing Left). And in level 3 (the final level. Hey! It IS just a test, you know!), you walk on another glass tile, and then you face a death knight. You can fight him OR just run right into the room Zelda's in and win....... icon_sweat.gif Opps. Sorry for making it this long! Heh heh heeeehhhh........ icon_blink.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users