making a tileset - eh?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_fearian (Guest)

Guest_fearian (Guest)
  • Guests

Posted 06 June 2005 - 10:45 AM

ok this must have been asked before, but how does one make a custome tilesset? where is the file to edit? do I use the quest editor or can I use PS to edit the sprites?

thanks for tolerating a newbie question

#2 mudvayne

mudvayne

Junior

• Members

Posted 06 June 2005 - 01:08 PM

you can edit an custom tileset under quest-->graphics-->tiles!... but you have a long time, to work on a tileset! copy, move, copy, move... icon_wink.gif i know it! icon_wink.gif

#3 Guest_fearian (Guest)

Guest_fearian (Guest)
  • Guests

Posted 06 June 2005 - 02:19 PM

thanks! dont worry im used to it, Ive done this sort of thing for many a retro dos game. dunno if youve ever heard of jetpack? probably not.

thanks!

#4 Total Link

Total Link

• Members

Posted 08 June 2005 - 01:01 PM

I've heard of Jetpack. I even have the game. I have made multiple levels in the Editor, but it is nuttin in comparison to what ZQuest is like in any respect. icon_eyebrow.gif I am trying to work on a quest but it is so complicated i wish it was as simple as Jetpack. icon_frown.gif

#5 nicklegends

nicklegends

Trofessional Pransposer

• Contributors
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 08 June 2005 - 01:06 PM

Yes, and wasn't Jetpac also a game featured in Donkey Kong 64? I think it was there because it was the first game created by Rare. So, in that way I have played it. Sorry if this is a bit off-topic, but I have no way else to say this. icon_shrug.gif

#6 Total Link

Total Link

• Members

Posted 08 June 2005 - 01:20 PM

No, JetPack was an old dos game by Adept Software. It was a game where you had to get all these little jello type things off the stands and you had to get to the door without getting hit by any baddies. here is a screenshot of it:
user posted image

#7 nicklegends

nicklegends

Trofessional Pransposer

• Contributors
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 08 June 2005 - 06:57 PM

Oh... I thought it was this game:
user posted image
Why must the tiltles of these games be so similar? icon_freak.gif You're talking about JetPack, and I'm talking about Jetpac. One tiny letter...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users