This look good for a title screen?

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Nate

Nate

Magus

• Members

Posted 05 June 2005 - 03:23 AM

Be honest, before I send out the quest, does this look like an alright title screen?
http://i2.photobucke...en/zelda017.bmp
Any feed back is appreciated.

#2 Mr. Z

Mr. Z

Old Bastard is back!

• Members

Posted 05 June 2005 - 04:23 AM

The background needs more colors, it looks strange to see it hop from purple to pink in one step. Maybe you can make it look better if you put the foreground and sky one different layers so you can use more than 1 cset.

And I'd say you should at least give the text an outline or something icon_razz.gif

Other than that, it looks neat. icon_thumbsup.gif

#3 ZeldaLord

ZeldaLord

Legendary Hero

• Members

Posted 05 June 2005 - 05:28 AM

It's quite good, but the color changes in the background look a little weird, it actually looks like there's too much going on. Also, the font doesn't look very interesting (looks like a windows default font).
I'd suggest getting rid of some of the colors around the top of the screen, so it looks less messy, and maybe modifying one of the Zelda title fonts to make yours.

Edited by ZeldaLord, 05 June 2005 - 05:41 AM.

#4 toaofgamecube

toaofgamecube

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 05 June 2005 - 09:41 AM

I like it as it is...

#5 Shoelace

Shoelace

The Shaman of Sexy!

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 05 June 2005 - 04:46 PM

I like the tile screen a lot. I don't think that you have to change it, as it looks great. However, if you want it to be perfect, when maybe you can use their suggestions. Though, I wouldn't.

#6 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 05 June 2005 - 04:58 PM

Seems pretty darn cool to me, man. icon_smile.gif I like the effort you've put into making it look nice. If you can make the water animated, that would be EVEN COOLER! icon_eek.gif

* Moving To Design Help *

(That forum is for critiquing.)

#7 Hergiswi

Hergiswi

don't look for me, i'm just a story you've been told

• Members

Posted 05 June 2005 - 05:53 PM

I have to agree with everyone else. It really looks excellent, but just add a little more color. (and like Josh said, moving water would be cool. icon_razz.gif)

#8 venom343

venom343

Senior

• Members

Posted 05 June 2005 - 07:46 PM

ive seen that sunset somewhere before icon_razz.gif
any way it looks really good just the pink in the sky. when you fix that up itll be perfect icon_wink.gif

#9 nicklegends

nicklegends

Trofessional Pransposer

• Contributors
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 05 June 2005 - 08:09 PM

You might even want to consider making a sunset CSet (hehe... sounds funny) just for the sky, to put on another layer. I know somebody already said something similar to this, but it really would be useful because you have used up so many colors on the mountains. You could have 16 pinks/oranges! Now THAT would be a sight to behold. icon_biggrin.gif

#10 Papa

Papa

Disruptive and obnoxious member since 2005

• Members

Posted 05 June 2005 - 08:47 PM

Personally, I would leave the BG as is, but maybe you should try a darker color for the text. Outside of that , I wouldn't change a thing......~~Lee~~

#11 mudvayne

mudvayne

Junior

• Members

Posted 06 June 2005 - 05:19 AM

the colors are to dark... take a dark blue water, and a light blue sky... but looks really good! take any layers, how mr. z says! icon_thumbsup.gif

#12 Theryan

Theryan

Burrito

• Members

Posted 07 June 2005 - 02:17 PM

This is really good... the only thing I can see thats kinda annoying me is the text color. It blends in too well. And if you made it animate, that would be SWEET! But that take too much time. It would be good being still also.

#13 phil

phil

Master

• Members

Posted 08 June 2005 - 09:33 AM

I do't like the color of the words "Alyssa's Song" or whatever it said.

#14 Exate

Exate

Deified

• Members

Posted 08 June 2005 - 11:29 AM

The font is a bit dull, and the BG should have more colors as Z said. Regardless, it could make a pretty nice title screen. icon_thumbsup.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users