Need some help with something.

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Nate

Nate

Magus

• Members

Posted 04 June 2005 - 01:23 PM

Okay my head is starting to ache at this, and I'm getting very annoyed. I want to set up a puzzel where Link has to burn a statue with the blue candle, when that happens another statue appears, and then Link has to hit that statue with the boomerang in order to get some spikes to dissapear. Here is what I have done.

I placed the statue that is going to be burnt. I put the burn flag on the statue. I open up secret combos, and for burn, blue candle, I placed the statue. Next I place secret tile flag #16. I go to secret combos. For flag 16 I place the statue that will appear after the first one is burnt. Then I get secret tile flag 17 out, and run it over the spikes. Then I open up secret combos and for flag 17, I put the floor tile... here is the problem,

When I test the quest I burn the first statue, I get the secret sound and the second statue appears, BUT the spikes also dissapear so when I hit statue 2 with the boomerang it just makes a secret sound. What am I doing wrong? Any help is greatly appreciated

#2 ZeldaLord

ZeldaLord

Legendary Hero

• Members

Posted 04 June 2005 - 02:28 PM

The only way I can think of involves direct warps, but the problem is that it messes up the dungeon map and/or the music (you need to use another dmap or another place on that map)... icon_confused.gif

Edited by ZeldaLord, 04 June 2005 - 02:32 PM.

#3 Snarwin

Snarwin

Still Lazy After All These Years

• Members

Posted 04 June 2005 - 03:44 PM

When you burn something, it activates all the secrets on the screen. The solution? Tiered secrets. What you do is:

Open the Secret Combos

Change the secret combo for flag 17 (the one on the spikes) to the spikes combo.

Hold down ctrl and click on the box with the combo for flag 17.

Choose flag 18 from the dialog that appears.

Set the secret combo for flag 18 to the floor tile.

When you burn the first statue, the spikes will change into spikes and the second statue will appear. When you hit the second statue with the boomerang, the spikes will change into floor.

#4 Nate

Nate

Magus

• Members

Posted 04 June 2005 - 03:52 PM

Dude you rock! Thanks a million!

#5 ZeldaLord

ZeldaLord

Legendary Hero

• Members

Posted 04 June 2005 - 04:53 PM

Oh yeah, I forgot you could put flags on secret combos. icon_smile.gif