palette question

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 mudvayne

mudvayne

Junior

• Members

Posted 03 June 2005 - 10:18 AM

can i used the extra sprite palletes, for my dungeon palletes? (in my dungeonpalletes, or overworld palletes, i can used only 3 color lines, for any graphics. the otheres are for links clothes, or dark rooms... can i used 4, or more colorlines, for my graphics?) (sorry, for my english) icon_sweat.gif

#2 nicklegends

nicklegends

Trofessional Pransposer

• Contributors
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 03 June 2005 - 11:13 AM

I think CSet 5 is an extra CSet, but I'm not positive. If you'd like more than three lines of color, you can also edit the palettes through Quest->Graphics->Palettes->Levels, or you could even create your own. I hope this helps, but if it doesn't, I'd be glad to clarify. icon_wink.gif

#3 mudvayne

mudvayne

Junior

• Members

Posted 03 June 2005 - 01:20 PM

not cset 5...i used it for overworld palettes!
icon_smile.gif

i mean the "extra sprite palletes": quest --> graphics --> spritepalettes, and than shows an option, and you can take the extra spritepalette nr 1, ore nr 2... for what are some palettes? icon_sorry.gif

#4 nicklegends

nicklegends

Trofessional Pransposer

• Contributors
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 03 June 2005 - 03:42 PM

To be honest, that's one part of ZQuest I don't quite understand myself. I was originally not going to post, but I didn't want you to think I had abandoned you. icon_wink.gif

#5 lord_jamitossi

lord_jamitossi

Wizard

• Members

Posted 03 June 2005 - 04:26 PM

No, you most certainly can't. Extra sprite palettes are for, well, extra sprites. I don't know the lists off-hand, but they're definately not for tiles. You should have enough room with three CSets to make a sufficient dungeon, because clearly everyone else can...

It's all about using the colours wisely. Normally, the first 6 or so on the first cset are for the wall colours, then two or three for floors, then a couple for accessory colours, followed by a couple brighter colours for flames and stuff. The second line (in the pure set at least) is blue and red for water and lava, and the third line is a darker blue and red, for, well, darker water and lava. So, if you scrap the second (darker) blue and red one, you have many more options. This is what I'm doing for my dungeon palettes.

...all this to say that you can't have any more at this time, so you'll have to do with what you have, I guess.

#6 link3505

link3505

Ancient

• Members

Posted 03 June 2005 - 05:20 PM

the sprite palettes are mainly used for bosses like Aquamentus and Dodongo, as well as game icons and Link's ring colors. they can't be used for tiles, as far as I know. sorry

#7 mudvayne

mudvayne

Junior

• Members

Posted 04 June 2005 - 03:58 AM

ok! thanks! i try to make it, how you say, lord jamitossi!

#8 Radien

Radien

Courage

• Members

Posted 04 June 2005 - 06:58 AM

You can only use CSets 0 through 11 for combos and tiles.

If you need another CSet, you could use CSet 9. icon_shrug.gif You would not be able to use many enemies that use CSet 9, but you'd have a whole extra CSet to use.

Or, you could remake one of the other CSets so that it works with overworld, and then recolor all the sprites that use that CSet. But that's a lot of work (trust me, I know)...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users