Good Idea or Bad Idea

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 a guy and his game

a guy and his game

Wizard

• Members

Posted 17 April 2005 - 10:25 PM

I was thinking that for one of the dungeons in my quest, I should make a completely screwed up dungeon. Screwed up, as in, it looks that way but there are actually puzzles hidden within the screens. The main thing that will be missing is logic. Like, you could be walking down a hallway, step on the wrong panel, and just be warped somewhere else. It's not going to be as off as the two pics in my sig, but most of the dungeon will have randomly placed objects and triggers.

So... What do you think? Is this a good idea or does it suck?

#2 Exate

Exate

Deified

• Members

Posted 17 April 2005 - 10:42 PM

It's actually pretty creative IMO, and it boggles the mind. When I read this, the secret Zelda dungeon in MTPP came to mind almost immediately. icon_razz.gif

I recommend going for it to see how it comes out. icon_thumbsup.gif

#3 Tseng

Tseng

MMmmmmm Simpsonized

• Members

Posted 17 April 2005 - 10:50 PM

I say go for it man! It sounds like a great idea and would really throw people off.

#4 Jish

Jish

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 26 June 2005 - 01:36 AM

I did a couple dungeons like that. One is in my second game, "Mitch", which you can find on this site. Check it out sometime. *makes a strange pose* The entire area around the dungeon is corrupted, and the dungeon itself is really messed up. One part goes like this:
Screen 1: You are in a grassy room with off-color flowers. You go in the door to the North.
Screen 2: A guy gives you some sage advice, and give you the Dust Pile item. You leave and go back to the last room.
Screen 3: Now there is a penguin just sitting there. Slash it, and it turns into a Pikachu holding a guitar. The guitar turns out to be the Wand item, and it shoots out dolphins.

Good times. There's also a glitch dungeon in my current, incomplete quest. It is entirely black and white (well, mostly) and none of it makes any sense. You have to figure out the path through it all and get the Lens of Truth, which helps you find the path by changing everything into zeros and ones. You then eventually find the source of the glitch - a computer (the heart of the level) with a bad virus. You have to delete (kill) the virus to beat the level.

user posted image

#5 Neppy

Neppy

Grand Overlord Empress

• Members

Posted 26 June 2005 - 02:00 AM

This topic was revived after being dead for 2 months, but I am going to allow it to stay open, because it was quite on-topic, and added quite a bit. It took me quite a while to determine what to do with it, but this is what I decided. Let's not let it happen anymore, please? I would have preferred you post a new topic, and link to this one.

Well, I think that looks very very interesting there, Jish. I sure hope it has worked out the way you want it to.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users