Bad News about Lost Isle and Origin

• Please log in to reply
72 replies to this topic

#46 Dorian

Dorian

Adept

• Members

Posted 07 June 2007 - 09:10 AM

What about torrent files? (I think it's been suggested, but still)

torrents need a server and lots of seedersonce you have downloaded 10Mb of data, you quickly forget about the torrent
well, i think it's not a good idea

I may have miss some of the thread but what's NoeL's contribution ?

Edited by Dorian, 07 June 2007 - 06:54 PM.

#47 DarkFlameWolf

DarkFlameWolf

Murana Wolford

• Members

Posted 07 June 2007 - 05:01 PM

Can't really say, its a surprise what NoeL has provided, but it'll be a surprise and a awesome 'extra' for those who download Lost Isle.

#48 Revfan9

Revfan9

Hero of Time

• Banned

Posted 09 June 2007 - 06:16 PM

Hmm. I personally think it's unfair that LI/Origin gets so much special treatment over other quests. How many quest projects are slowing to a grinding halt because of "bugs"? I've lost count. How many quest projects are getting specific builds to work in? 2. How many quest projects are being done in the betas and can't be put up in the DB? Again, I've lost count. How many quest projects are being given an exception? 2.

I personally have no interest in Lost Isle. I dislike DFW's stale, repetetive style, and I dislike Peteo's tasteless, lack-of-depth style. I used to want some of it's custom graphics, until I learned how to rip better ones myself.

#49 Dawnlight

Dawnlight

My name is NOT Jason!

• Members

Posted 09 June 2007 - 06:30 PM

I personally have no interest in Lost Isle. I dislike DFW's stale, repetetive style, and I dislike Peteo's tasteless, lack-of-depth style. I used to want some of it's custom graphics, until I learned how to rip better ones myself.

Geez Rev, when will you stop giving people harsh criticisms? You do this to almost everyone especially those using Pure and DOR. I'm not going to make this a big deal but if you don't like something keep it to yourself and not make people feel bad.

#50 Peteo

Peteo

Back in Business!

• Members

Posted 10 June 2007 - 03:43 AM

Don't worry Trimaster. His attitude sucks, but he is entitled to his opinion. But Wolfie and I are not going to lose sleep over his comments. icon_wink.gif I've learned not to pay attention to his comments, and I'm sure other people have learned that too.

#51 CastChaos

CastChaos

Deified

• Members

Posted 10 June 2007 - 04:43 AM

I almost fully agree with the first paragraph of Revfan's post. But that's marketing. If other questmakers had advertised their product so so mega intensively as Peteo and DFW did, then they would have got their own private beta, too. It started at one of the Expos. I think it was the 2006 Spring Expo. When they gave out info about Lost Isle claiming unbelieveably incrediblywonderful things. I became very excited and this excitement were killed only at the time of the Beta Bug Misery.

I recall: (AGN forums)
Peteo: "...we will probably need to cancel LI..."
CastChaos: "...so don't cancel LI...
Peteo: "Nobody said anything about LI will be cancelled. icon_eek.gif "

If Peteo and DFW does something the only sure thing that it will be extreme hard but they will claim that it's not hard or even easy. But I think I said it once or more already.

Of course we dn't know how they split up the work.

#52 Dawnlight

Dawnlight

My name is NOT Jason!

• Members

Posted 10 June 2007 - 07:05 AM

I almost fully agree with the first paragraph of Revfan's post. But that's marketing. If other questmakers had advertised their product so so mega intensively as Peteo and DFW did, then they would have got their own private beta, too. It started at one of the Expos. I think it was the 2006 Spring Expo. When they gave out info about Lost Isle claiming unbelieveably incrediblywonderful things. I became very excited and this excitement were killed only at the time of the Beta Bug Misery.

That would stink. I've learned that lesson not to boast too much about my quest. That's why I lower to 2 pics from my quest on the Screenshot Thread.

#53 Peteo

Peteo

Back in Business!

• Members

Posted 10 June 2007 - 08:34 AM

I'm like... wha???
What on earth, CastChaos? Your post is complete bullcrap. Where did that post come from. O_o
How on earth is Lost Isle overhyped? How can you say it is the most hyped quest ever. Did you see how much hype there was around MMDWR DC and Hero of Dreams?
The only Lost Isle threads I am aware about are this one and the Expo thread. Both Wolfie and I have never said anything you claim. We have only posted facts about the quest (like eg it's a big quest, has custom bosses, custom graphics etc).

And Lost Isle surely hasn't gotten any special treatment, how many times do i have to explain that?
The developement of LI has been so troublesome that it's a miracle the project is still alive. Developing Li has been hell, so no need to be jealous about Lost Isle and the "treatment" it has had. It wouldn't even be alive anymore without DN's LI compatible ZC build, so I don't see how that's special treatment. Gosh, just read thru my previous posts, I don't feel like repeating myself over and over again. icon_razz.gif But your post is complete bull, how can you hate a quest before it is even completed goes beyond my understanding... i mean I am not the most loved guys around PureZc, but no need to trash the quest because of personal grudges.

#54 DarkFlameWolf

DarkFlameWolf

Murana Wolford

• Members

Posted 10 June 2007 - 08:49 AM

And I want to nip this argument in the bud, before CastChaos can respond to Petoe or anything else happens, let's simply drop that avenue of discussion, it can only lead to bad things and we all know it.

#55 Dawnlight

Dawnlight

My name is NOT Jason!

• Members

Posted 10 June 2007 - 09:12 AM

And I want to nip this argument in the bud, before CastChaos can respond to Petoe or anything else happens, let's simply drop that avenue of discussion, it can only lead to bad things and we all know it.

I totally agree, this argument is starting to get ridiculas. But did you notice these arguments are usually started by Revfan? Don't be intimdated by what Revdude says. Just move along and find the best way to fix this problem.

#56 CastChaos

CastChaos

Deified

• Members

Posted 10 June 2007 - 09:14 AM

QUOTE(DarkFlameWolf @ Jun 10 2007, 03:49 PM) View Post

No, you know that I can explain, that's why you want it to be dropped... icon_sweat.gif Oh, you want to end the all, O.K.
I didn't use the word "overhyped" and I know that most part of the hyping is made by fans (ZC players). Plus I would never say that "MOST overhyped". Maybe the part "...they would got their own private beta..." cunfused someones. I don't say that everyone wants to have a very personal private beta.
I know well that it's better to have LI with a private beta than to wait for "2.5" as we call it now.

EDIT: To sum it up, it's not bad to have a private beta for LI. Oh, and it's also not bad to say good things about own quests... I just wanted to reply to Revfan, but I should down the second part than up the first one...

Edited by CastChaos, 10 June 2007 - 09:21 AM.

#57 Revfan9

Revfan9

Hero of Time

• Banned

Posted 10 June 2007 - 09:23 AM

Castle Haunt 3 and Kamala's Tomb. Will they be accepted into the DB before 2.5 is released? No. Will any author who wants a private beta to develop their quest in get one? No.

I'm not saying that LI wasn't hell to develop. I'm not saying it was overhyped. I'm saying that it should have to wait for the stability of 2.5 just like everything else.

#58 Deathbringer

Deathbringer

Master

• Members

Posted 10 June 2007 - 09:28 AM

I'm quite excited to see LI finally released. This may actually bring me back to ZC. Ho ho ho ho.

QUOTE(Revfan9 @ Jun 10 2007, 10:23 AM) View Post

I'm not saying it was overhyped. I'm saying that it should have to wait for the stability of 2.5 just like everything else.

The stability of 2.5 will never happen as a certain developer likes to keep adding things when it's enough.

#59 /M/

/M/

6♣7♠8♥9♥10♥

• Members

Posted 10 June 2007 - 09:44 AM

Hmm. I personally think it's unfair that LI/Origin gets so much special treatment over other quests. How many quest projects are slowing to a grinding halt because of "bugs"? I've lost count. How many quest projects are getting specific builds to work in? 2. How many quest projects are being done in the betas and can't be put up in the DB? Again, I've lost count. How many quest projects are being given an exception? 2.

This is absolutely true. I couldn't agree more.

I recall: (AGN forums)
Peteo: "...we will probably need to cancel LI..."
CastChaos: "...so don't cancel LI...
Peteo: "Nobody said anything about LI will be canceled. icon_eek.gif "

heh.. I remember that too. Peteo keep on posting all over the AGN forums that LI was going to be canceled, this and that, etc, CastChaos is also correct in this part. Peteo and DFW advertised this quest, trying to make everyone very interested in it. Then when the betas came out, they started complaining and knowing everyone was wanting to play their quest badly, they had hope to one of the developers would do something. Which is the reason he kept complaining over at AGN.

Out of all the great quests being develop currently, I still and never will understand why this quest will get special treatments. I know this quest will be your usual DFW style game. No story, just tons of dungeons, terrible choice of MIDIs, and the Pure tileset with few upgrades. ( That is, if Peteo doesn't help more on it..) Basically everything we have seen before. Perhaps it won't use the beta to its fullest. Now don't get me wrong, I'm not saying it'll be a bad quest, it'll just be a regular quest. I just think a special treatment should be given to someone who is working on a more unique quest, like to Radien or Relic.

Good luck anyways. icon_thumbsup.gif

#60 Peteo

Peteo

Back in Business!

• Members

Posted 10 June 2007 - 10:28 AM

Holy cow, Batman. This thread is going downhill fast, but I gotta admit it is entertaining to read all these posts here and see people commenting on things they have no clue about.

Well I've said all I have to say. /M/ and Revfan, you can believe what you want to believe, there's no point arguing. icon_smile.gif

But for /M/: without the LI ZC build, Lost Isle would have probably ended up being a cancelled quest. So when I said that all over AGN, I wasn't just doing it to get the developers attention. I bet it is too much to ask, but just try to put yourself into my shoes - You have a big quest you have worked on for almost 2 years, and that quest is almost done. You have a beta that plays it almost perfectly. Then _L_ goes and makes some hasty and unnecessary changes and just like that LI's compatibilty is ruined. Would you just sit silently and say "oh well, crap happens...". No, I don't think so.

For Castchaos: Well you claimed that Wolfie and I promised LI to deliver unbeliveable things and you claimed that we have advertised the quest like crazy. But I'm glad to know that's not what you really meant based on your latets post. icon_smile.gif

If a person from PureZC Staff sees this post, could you please LOCK THIS THREAD. This thread shouldn't have been created in the first place, and it has served its purpose already. Lost Isle and origin will be accepted to PureZc according to the latest news and that's all we need to know. Thanks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users