MMDWR DC Help

• Please log in to reply
630 replies to this topic

#61 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 07 November 2004 - 04:06 PM

*Cough* .. I believe cheating involves either a cheat menu, or a cheat program. I simply used what you gave me. icon_wink.gif

(icon_superevil.gif)
Give me a banana, and I shall slay ye with it from the next room. icon_twisted.gif
For I am just that cleverer.

Why, Pete? How is it really done? (Or is that one of the spoiler-type things people should find out on their own?)

#62 Nightmare

Nightmare

Original ZC Tester

• Members

Posted 07 November 2004 - 04:50 PM

QUOTE(Petoe @ Nov 7 2004, 06:32 AM)
Uh oh, so many replies in so short time... But let's start:

James:
Well, MMDWR is a very different and unique quest, so I don't blame you if the quest feels akward to you. But obviously it's akward to you in a bad way when usually to other people it is akward in a good way. icon_shrug.gif But if these kind of quests aren't your cup of tea, I don't complain. Instead, I appreciate it a lot that you're still playing the quest, and if you some day can finish it, I hope your opinion will change.
But to help you, the Lv2 Light Saber is in a secret mini level near the second dome. Just follow the road through the overworld and before the broken bridge in the west, go north and you see a warp portal thingy. It takes you to the mini level.

Tell that to people who rate quests at the AGN QDB... icon_sweat.gif
Well, as you figured it out, people who hate me rate the quest badly. I know I was an overexcited jerk in the past, but can you really blame me after working so hard on the quest... :\
Anyways, usually when people hate the quest, they actually hate me. And I really hate that kind of crap. If we could rate members here, I wouldn't care at all if I had a 0-rating, or an asshole rating, but to hate my work (and it's not just my work) just because of me is lame and dumb.
As I've said, I accpet all kinds of negative feedback and I don't mind if people give low rating if they don't like the quest, but to give a really poor rating... I just can't believe anyone can honestly think so...

I've been around ZC for a VERY long time, since the days with PM before AGN even started as his original beta tester. I've seen some crap that deserves 0's or 1's ( :: cough :: Zelda All Stars :: cough :: :: 1st Quest remakes with no effort :: cough :: ) MM: DWR definitely doesn't fall into that category or even into the average category (4-5 out of 10 or 2.5-3 out of 5), and I try to make my ratings objective and free of my personal feelings.

However, to put it with the elite quests yet is a different story. It does have its bad spots.

Sorry if I'm such a tough critic, experience does that to people.

BTW, how do you get into the "?" dome also while we're asking for help? This puzzle is WORSE than Revenge for figuring out where to go.

-James

#63 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 07 November 2004 - 05:03 PM

The sewers. icon_wink.gif It's not nearly as bad in there. Take any sewer entrance, and just walk around. You really can't miss it unless you insist on not taking a specific path. ... Although, it'll get MUCH harder and more confusing inside the "?" dome. Good luck James.

#64 Jish

Jish

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 07 November 2004 - 06:45 PM

[This post was deleted by the original poster]

My bad, I figured out what I asked here. Just ignore this...

Edited by Jish, 07 November 2004 - 06:52 PM.

#65 Nightmare

Nightmare

Original ZC Tester

• Members

Posted 07 November 2004 - 07:41 PM

REALLY bad news:

Petoe, I was in the "?" Dome, 2F, and it continued on a point where you didn't intend it to continue (after I died)

Unfortunately, because of this, I cannot complete the quest. It's a similar, but less pronounced, bug in NQ-2.

Sorry dude.

#66 Peteo

Peteo

Back in Business!

• Members

Posted 07 November 2004 - 07:44 PM

Now before you leave this topic for good, which ZC version were you using? And HOW you got stuck? What kind of a screen? And does it always start there when loading a game??? That just can't be true.

BH4:
Why, Pete? How is it really done? (Or is that one of the spoiler-type things people should find out on their own?)

Ummm, what? What are you talking about now? icon_heh.gif

#67 Nightmare

Nightmare

Original ZC Tester

• Members

Posted 07 November 2004 - 07:53 PM

ZC Beta 182, I'll e-mail you the screens.

Died then continued, it's similar to what I had to deal with in New Quest.

And just when the quest was picking up a bit too.....

-James

Edited by nWo Whammy, 07 November 2004 - 07:54 PM.

#68 Ielen

Ielen

Adept

• Members

Posted 07 November 2004 - 07:54 PM

Nightmare, sorry to insult your intelligence. Can't you just for once read the FAQ/Walkthrough & stop whining about the quest.
Your posts are too irritating to read & always trying to promote your New Quest when it's so badly designed..so what if you're the most original beta tester, do we really CARE?
I can't understand why you always claim to be the best when you don't even CARE about the playability of your own quests which most probably involves using a cheat program to complete.
I've been waiting for you to come up with something impressive & I thought NewQuest 2 was fantastic but alas it looks boring, empty, plain looking, terribly designed & possibly the worst looking quest ever seen. Seems you don't even put any effort to sell your quest well.

Edited by Ielen, 07 November 2004 - 07:56 PM.

#69 Nightmare

Nightmare

Original ZC Tester

• Members

Posted 07 November 2004 - 07:56 PM

Ielen, I'm reporting you to a Mod. You've trolled me through EVERY board, and I've had enough.

I'm sending Petoe the screens, this is an actual bug

-James

#70 Peteo

Peteo

Back in Business!

• Members

Posted 07 November 2004 - 07:57 PM

Ok, thanks. I'd appreciate that a lot... but it actually doesn't matter since you weren't playing with the correct beta. :\

Okay people, at least now it is finally confirmed that YOU CANNOT play MMDWR DC with ZC build 182. But I believe everyone saw the big text saying: Play with build 183.

#71 Ielen

Ielen

Adept

• Members

Posted 07 November 2004 - 08:01 PM

James, if you can't stand criticism, then you won't be able to survive in this harsh world. To report me for trolling you doesn't sound logical...did I spam you? did I harass you through PM? All I did was to make observational comments & neither did I insult your character or personality. Let me remind you...you sent me a PM first because I criticised James Quest & I can reproduce that PM if you want. So get your facts right before you say I'm trolling you.

#72 Peteo

Peteo

Back in Business!

• Members

Posted 07 November 2004 - 08:04 PM

Hey now, both of you two Ielen and James, that's not necessary. James might have a bit different quest taste and though his opinions surprise me a lot, he still has a right to express his opinions. But James, if you would have read the release thread, you wouldn't have experienced that bug. So please don't start telling people about a "bad game stopping bug" because you didn't follow the instructions. And I wouldn't say Ielen has broken any rules, so no need to report anything.

EDIT: Well actually, after reading Ielen's whole post, he did go a bit too far.
I don't know what is going on between you two, but if you need to discuss about these things, use PMs. icon_neutral.gif

#73 Jish

Jish

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 07 November 2004 - 08:08 PM

I'm currently about to start the ? Dome, and I have a small suggestion for the quest if you ever decide to update it again.

During the beginning parts of the game, I often had max 255 Zens, and in certain places there would be some more laying around. I could either leave them for later, which would require backtracking, or get them anyway. After beating Level 3, the Megamall shop had both wallets for sale.

I'm not sure what kind of effort it would take to do this, since I don't know how boss flags work, but I think it would be a nice touch if you made the small wallet available sooner, such as after beating the power plant. You could have the guy say that they recieved the small wallets from a truck or something, but the big ones won't be available until later.

This will help with the cash flow early in the game. Other than that, I'm very pleased with the quest so far.

#74 Nightmare

Nightmare

Original ZC Tester

• Members

Posted 07 November 2004 - 08:16 PM

Ielen: I might not be the most positive person in the world, but I care more for gameplay than graphics. It doesn't have to be the greatest looking quest for me to enjoy it. I'll end it there, since it seems that Ielen can't understand that fact and PM flaming isn't allowed here.

I could've sworn that 182 and 183 were the same thing....

-James

Edited by nWo Whammy, 07 November 2004 - 08:21 PM.

#75 Peteo

Peteo

Back in Business!

• Members

Posted 07 November 2004 - 08:47 PM

Jish:
Well there's a pretty simple reason why you get the bigger wallets so "late" in the quest: If it would be possible to buy the L2 Missiles right after Power Station, I think it would make the quest too easy. And of course that's not the only reason... But since MMDWR DC is the final and ultimate version of the quest, I won't release any more updates (unless something serious will be found). But thanks for the suggestion anyway. Every game has flaws so let this be "the flaw" in MMDWR... icon_rolleyes.gif Heh.

James:
Well like I said in that PM, unfortunatley 182 and 183 are actually quite different. And so are 183 and 184 if compared to each other. *sigh* icon_shrug.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users