Photo

Alcohol

• Please log in to reply
75 replies to this topic

Poll: Alcohol

How often do you drink Alcohol?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.

What type of Alcohol do you drink?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#31 Nathaniel

Nathaniel

Deified

• Members

Posted 29 December 2015 - 01:33 PM

I have beer every now and then, usually a few bottles per week.  I have had enough types of beers to know that they can vary greatly in taste, and there is probably a type of beer for just about anybody.  The cheap common stuff that you see everywhere in the US (Bud, Coors, Miller, etc.) are usually not all that good.  The common Canadian beers such as Labatt and Molson are a little better.  I tend to find that some of the best beers tend to be local or particular to a certain region.  Some beers, such as Pale Ales and IPAs are high in hops and thus are an acquired taste (they taste strange at first but you like it more later).  If you are more into a spiced taste, Hefeweizen is a German style of wheat beer, which is also quite an acquired taste.  If you prefer something sweeter, there are even beers with fruit flavors in them, but they are not what you will commonly find on shelves.  My personal favorite is the Oatmeal Stout.  If you like something more bitter, a lot of darker beers would be up your alley, such as a stout, porter, or dark lager.

I have wine mostly during holidays and other special occasions, but not nearly as often as beer.  I don't like wines that are too sweet, so I tend to go for something more dry, be it white or red.  You will find that certain grapes are ideal for wines (many of which in the US are grown in California), rather than grape juice or grapes you eat in their original form.

I rarely ever drink any hard liquor.  Only in very rare occasions have I done that, and that is where I am a lot more likely to get sick, due to their much higher alcohol content.  The last time was on my birthday, when my brother, cousin, and I were having shots of whiskey.

And I almost forgot about Champagne, which I save for the new year.

• SpikeReynolds and Astromeow like this

#32 TK8305

TK8305

I <3 Miyu

• Members

Posted 29 December 2015 - 03:15 PM

I don't do Alcohol and never plan to either.  Can't stand the smell nor the taste.

#33 Sheik

Sheik

Deified

• Members

Posted 29 December 2015 - 06:31 PM

Well I do not drink very often, every so often I do. And sometimes I overdo it, but oh well. Usually fun times.

• nicklegends likes this

#34 Mr. Sqweakers The Great

Mr. Sqweakers The Great

Look beyond the Sqweaky Horizon.

• Members

Posted 30 December 2015 - 05:05 AM

I don't really drink that often. When I do drink I tend to go for mixed drinks , primarily drinks that are sweet. I only drink for enjoyment. And I always know when to stop. I will only go out to have a drink if someone I know and trust is with me.

• Jared and VeganMommy like this

#35 Alestance

Alestance

Saint Alestance - Eliminator of the ZGP format

• Members

Posted 30 December 2015 - 11:02 AM

A thread about alcohol and I wasn't invited?!

YOU'RE ALL UNINVITED TO MY BIRTHDAY PARTY!

That said, I've actually only had alcohol three times in my life. The first few times were beer (I hated it), rum and coke (good stuff), and Wine (it was like juice except Satan was in my mouth with it.)

Be advised that Satan swimming in your wine is not normal, and vore isn't my fetish.

• ShadowTiger, Magi_Hero, Russ and 2 others like this

#36 Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

smash the bye button

• Members

Posted 30 December 2015 - 02:14 PM

Guys, I just have to say it... some of you guys obviously dislike alcohol based purely on immature biases and straight up false information.

I barely drink these days. I'll take a beer if I'm offered one at a friends house, but the days of going to the pub or whatever are over for me. The main reason being the fact that hangovers sucks. Yeah, no big moral-choice about how alcohol is bad, I just really don't like having headaches. If you think you're somehow a better person for not digesting alcohol then you're an elitist twat. Oh, and you're wrong, that too. In fact, one could make an argument for you being a worse person if you say something like that, as you put yourself on a pedestal above others based purely on your choice to digest or not digest a certain substance. :P

I'm not going to be that guy who says everyone should at least try it, I just honestly can't get behind such a statement. But I also think it's just as silly to proclaim, at an age of 15 or whatever, that you will never drink alcohol because it's just that evil or whatever. I mean, do you even realize how silly that sounds? You're still just in the first 10% of your life and you've already decided that you will never lift a glass filled with beer to your mouth - for your entire life. Wow. That's some serious anti-alcohol dedication. :P

Edited by Robin, 30 December 2015 - 02:15 PM.

• thepsynergist, Nathaniel, Moonbread and 2 others like this

#37 strike

strike

life is fragile, temporary, and precious

• Members

Posted 30 December 2015 - 08:39 PM

Who has been saying alcohol is evil?! Maybe I haven't read the thread carefully enough. I don't feel like anyone said that.

-Strike

#38 Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

smash the bye button

• Members

Posted 30 December 2015 - 08:54 PM

Who has been saying alcohol is evil?! Maybe I haven't read the thread carefully enough. I don't feel like anyone said that.

-Strike

I don't think anyone has. I didn't say anyone did though. :P 

But yeah, I was just being generally vague so as to not point out any one specific person.

#39 Logos

Logos

Gnome Child

• Members

Posted 30 December 2015 - 09:05 PM

I'm not sure if you were referring to posts like mine, Robin, because your post was rather vague. I do have valid reasons for not being a big fan of alcohol, or not seeing myself as being one. And those reasons are not because of some moral high ground or immature biases, but because of credible information provided by governmental agencies and firsthand experiences with the substance. Like I said, I may have it from time to time in the future, don't dislike the concept of it, and haven't sworn it off by any means, so if your post was directed towards posts like mine, I'm afraid there may have been a misunderstanding.

If you weren't referring to my post, then just ignore this, please. I'm just making sure there's no misunderstanding :)

Edited by Zéo, 30 December 2015 - 10:50 PM.

#40 Astromeow

Astromeow

RESPECT DA OBOE SOLO

• Members

Posted 30 December 2015 - 09:06 PM

no alcohol tonight, dont have any

dont really feel an urge to want some

I have a manufactured resin substance which is a great alternative, effects are positive and dandy on one's body and soul

:cheese:

• Theryan likes this

#41 Theryan

Theryan

Burrito

• Members

Posted 30 December 2015 - 09:59 PM

no alcohol tonight, dont have any

dont really feel an urge to want some

I have a manufactured resin substance which is a great alternative, effects are positive and dandy on one's body and soul

:cheese:

Yeah, but when I need to apply for jobs I need to quit that stuff for a bit, which makes me drink a lot more than usual.

#42 Naru

Naru

Magus

• Members

Posted 31 December 2015 - 06:45 PM

Hmm, I also am a case that goes rather for mixed drinks. Since a few here seem to be either underaged or against alcohol some thougts to it.

I don't think you can just say to be in danger to get addicted only because you have the problem with other things. I get addicted really fast, with games, books, food, television -sometimes even with work - and also had the fear that I might evolve a too big love for alcohol but that never happened. I can also drink a lot but always know when I have to stop, might be reasoned by my late age to start dinking.

Also if you have GOOD FRIENDS, drinking "early" might be not that horrible, since you can look after each other and if you make an idiot out of yourself it is not really a problem. If you don't have them, out of the same reasons you absolutly should not drink.

If you drink beer often enough, you get used to the taste, dont like to say it, but drinking can be really helpful sometimes for social aspects, especially for males...

#43 Joelmacool

Joelmacool

Addicted to Overwatch

• Moderators

Posted 01 January 2016 - 08:14 AM

Eddy drank a few glasses of sparkling wine yesterday. I didn't bother so I drank some orange juice... I think I might be drunk from the orange juice.  :oops:

• Theryan and Shane like this

#44 UZF

UZF

Junior

• Members

Posted 01 January 2016 - 09:46 AM

I drink sometimes, but not very often. It doesn't matter what kind of drink it is, if it is offered to me then I will drink it.

It all tastes like the same crap to me anyway. I enjoy the feeling of being buzzed, but being drunk can be annoying to me a little bit.

I can't stand the taste of most alcoholic beverages and sometimes it makes my stomach hurt, even if I eat before drinking.

Drinking can be fun if you are with the right people, but can be seriously aggravating if done around strangers or people you dislike.

I find that when I am buzzed, I am more care-free and happy, but I get annoyed very easily when drunk so I usually just drink to relax.

Drink with friends and enjoy yourself, don't be the douchebag that yells "I'M GONNA GET F***ED UP!" 

Drinking should be something you enjoy, not something you regret the next day.

#45 Erdrick

Erdrick

Redeemed

• Members

Posted 06 January 2016 - 05:23 AM

I tried alcohol before and I didn't like it too much. It's just not my thing.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users