Photo

Alcohol

• Please log in to reply
75 replies to this topic

Poll: Alcohol

How often do you drink Alcohol?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.

What type of Alcohol do you drink?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Joelmacool

Joelmacool

Addicted to Overwatch

• Moderators

Posted 28 December 2015 - 06:03 AM

Since I'm young, I can't drink alcohol, so, when I get older, I will try a bit of it :P

What about you? Have you (or will you) ever drunk (or drink) alcohol in your life?
Feel free to discuss why you would drink this particular brand of alcohol! :D

Edited by Joelmacool, 28 December 2015 - 06:58 AM.

#2 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 28 December 2015 - 06:09 AM

I only drunk twice this year. On my 18th and during Christmas. I drink a glass, and it helps remove any headaches and stress I have, and makes me really happy without being tipsy. I don't want to get drunk, so I only drink occasionally and when I do it's just a glass or two. Whatever tastes decent I'll try.

(For the record, the legal drinking age here is 18. So I don't want any of those kinds of responses if I get any at all...)

#3 Eddy

Eddy

ringle

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 28 December 2015 - 06:59 AM

I have no intentions on drinking alcohol right now, even though I can drink it. Just not interested right now. So yeah, I voted for Never and None.

#4 Astromeow

Astromeow

RESPECT DA OBOE SOLO

• Members

Posted 28 December 2015 - 08:03 AM

I always thought drinking was bad and dumb 

and then I turned 21

I dont like the poll choices, they seem a bit.... uninformed on proper variety choices

I am a vodka man

Almost everyday when I come home I have two or three shots of Peppermint Schnapps 90Proof. 

Most often, ill be crossfaded by combining alcohol and dabbing-wax&shatter

Have any of you out there tried Absinthe? that stuff is some legit Blue Potion straight outta Koume and Kotake's cauldron

it's gnarly strong

• MrAlice likes this

#5 Mani Kanina

Mani Kanina

Rabbits!

• Members

Posted 28 December 2015 - 09:13 AM

I dont like the poll choices, they seem a bit.... uninformed on proper variety choices

^ Basically this.

Anyway, I voted "not very often". I rarely drink at all, and if I do it's mostly if I'm in company that drinks..., and if they offer cider. I really can't stand the taste of most alcoholic drinks, and I much prefer soda in most cases. :P
  • The Satellite, KingPridenia and SkyLizardGirl like this

#6 Joelmacool

Joelmacool

Addicted to Overwatch

• Moderators

Posted 28 December 2015 - 09:18 AM

Cut me some slack lol. I'm a kid, what do I know about Alcohol, all I know is that it destroys your insides :P

Tell me what to add, I'll add it.

• Anthus likes this

#7 peteandwally

peteandwally

chiubicabachiukicaca

• Members

Posted 28 December 2015 - 11:01 AM

If we have people over, usually we'll have beer or wine for dinner. If there are some beers left over, I'll usually have one at night after we put the baby to sleep. I am a huge fan of Islay Whiskeys, which taste like dirt and peat. Whiskey is for weekends if we do a gaming night like DnD or Settlers of Catan. Though it sounds like a lot, I try to drink in moderation and prevent a beer-belly from appearing.

If you're new to booze, my only advice is to avoid drinking if you're stressed or upset. It's better to exercise that stuff away, then have a beer to cool down! Also, don't ever drink more than one drink on a date unless the other person orders, and never more than 2-3 over the course of the night. Stay safe, peoples :)

~pnw

#8 Moosh

Moosh

Tiny Little Questmaker

• ZC Developers

Posted 28 December 2015 - 11:08 AM

I'm nearing the age where I could drink, but I don't imagine I ever will. Not because of any moral high ground or anything, I'm just not big on trying new things.

#9 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 28 December 2015 - 11:12 AM

I generally avoid alcohol whenever possible. I've never had a positive experience with any variety of alcohol.  I generally don't like to use the word "literally," but it literally goes right through me.  Approximately ten seconds after I have some, it finds its way into my lower intestines as a liquid, and causes me no end of alarm.  Why would I willingly do that to myself?

Also, I've never had a beer that tasted good.  I see people enjoying beer left and right, and to me, it's the equivalent of "Hey, let's all go Suspending," or whatever it's called.  It's for some people.  Just not for everyone.  You can get used to anything, sure, but some things appear ridiculous to others.  That's fine too.

Otherwise, I'm Jewish, and there are some times that actually call for alcohol.  Usually happy things.  The sabbath is greeted with some wine, and there's one holiday where you're supposed to get drunk.  Kind of.  It's not for me.   Though the objects on the left half of that image in the header are absolutely friggin delicious if you can get them in the right places.  Shouldn't be crumbly or anything.  Moist and sweet.  Like me.

So yeah, I'm doing y'all a favor by not drinking.  More for you all. :blah:

#10 CyberGamer1539

CyberGamer1539

Lord of Cyberspace

• Members

Posted 28 December 2015 - 12:02 PM

I don't ever plan on drinking a single ounce of alcohol in my life. I don't see why anyone would even WANT to get drunk! "Oh hey, lets drink a gross-tasting drink that makes you do stupid things!" "Oh yeah, that's a GREAT idea!"

• Jared likes this

#11 Theryan

Theryan

Burrito

• Members

Posted 28 December 2015 - 02:24 PM

I don't ever plan on drinking a single ounce of alcohol in my life. I don't see why anyone would even WANT to get drunk! "Oh hey, lets drink a gross-tasting drink that makes you do stupid things!" "Oh yeah, that's a GREAT idea!"

I remember when I thought that way in middle school.
I respect anyone's decision not to drink, but I think your reasoning is a little naive. First of all, not all alcohol is gross tasting; quality craft beer, wine, and others taste pretty damn good in my opinion. Secondly, drinking alcohol doesn't mean you're drunk. You can drink socially and just have a beer or two, people have a drink to relax, enjoy the taste, or pair it with certain foods.
  • ShadowTiger and nicklegends like this

#12 Dark Ice Dragon

Dark Ice Dragon

Wizard

• Members

Posted 28 December 2015 - 02:25 PM

i drink only in special occasions, and i don't like it too much, see... on certain occasions in my country is  considered offensive refuse to toast with friends and I try to drink a glass..but i don't like it.

The only alcholic drink i like ( just a bit ) is the Limoncello 

https://en.wikipedia...wiki/Limoncello

so i vote for "other"

#13 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 28 December 2015 - 03:34 PM

I remember when I thought that way in middle school.
I respect anyone's decision not to drink, but I think your reasoning is a little naive. First of all, not all alcohol is gross tasting; quality craft beer, wine, and others taste pretty damn good in my opinion. Secondly, drinking alcohol doesn't mean you're drunk. You can drink socially and just have a beer or two, people have a drink to relax, enjoy the taste, or pair it with certain foods.

I can agree with this post pretty easily. A lot of this is a social phenomenon.  Also, some wines are very tasty.  I like to mix a bit of red wine with grape juice.  They make peach grape juice that goes very well with a sweet red wine.

I've also had whisky, schnopps, brandy, and a few more that I can't think of right off the top of my head.  It's like drinking hot air that kind of burns you on its way down.  Sort of.  It can also be flavored.  But I'm overgeneralizing.

#14 Deedee

Deedee

Bug Frog Dragon Girl

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:She / Her, They / Them

Posted 28 December 2015 - 03:38 PM

I drink once in a while. Here in Canada, you can legally drink underage in the comfort of your own home. Honestly, it's a very "dreamlike" experience. I guess it depends on the person.

#15 Moonbread

Moonbread

Playing With Psychos

• Members
  • Pronouns:They / Them

Posted 28 December 2015 - 03:56 PM

I don't drink very often.  Particularly because I'm rather picky about what I drink, and it's always more expensive than just getting a soda that I know I'll enjoy multiple glasses of.  I've yet to have a beer that I've really actually drank and thought, "Wow, I'm glad I had this," when I could've just gotten a Dr. Pepper.  The closest thing is Labatt, which is okay-ish in my book, but I wouldn't really go out of my way for it.  However, I've had some good experiences with some ciders and schnapps.  Hot Damn Cinnamon Schnapps is really good, actually, and I highly recommend it.  On the other hand, I straight up avoid whiskey altogether, since it just tends to be way too strong.  And there was a time where I downed 14 shots of Southern Comfort in a row, and now I can't stand the smell of it, much less the taste.

And yeah, I have to agree with Theryan.  There's a misconception that drinking is just for the sake of getting drunk, which is not a good mindset to have.  I don't think it's necessarily bad to get drunk in the comfort of a safe place where it won't be an issue, but that's not the only thing that can come out of drinking.  It can be relaxing and lighten up the atmosphere.  I mean, I didn't even blackout at 14 shots, I was just really drunk.  Get a few in my system and I'm just more easygoing.  That being said, if you aren't comfortable with drinking, don't let anyone push you into it until you feel ready.

• ShadowTiger likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users