• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 21 May 2015 - 01:36 PM

What are your thoughts on The Black Knight Satellite? I recently heard about it and talked about it with a few people, and I love mysteries, so this instantly caught my attention. As you may have guessed: it's a space "satellite" that has been drifting all over the place. The weird part is no one really knows much about it as far as internet results go, and it has been around for quite some time now sending cryptic messages. It's definitely my type of mystery.

dk03.jpg

I personally think it looks rather cool from what I can determine out of the pictures, and the whole idea of this mysterious object floating in the sky is perhaps the closest thing to a real UFO minus the aliens. So any thoughts or any interesting information you want to share?

• Eddy and Logos like this

#2 Eddy

Eddy

ringle

• Moderators

Posted 21 May 2015 - 01:43 PM

Oh shit, we found The Satellite, run! >_<

According to some "research" I did (research in quotations because I didn't look deep enough lol), it apparently originated 13,000 years ago and came from the Epsilon Bootis star system, which is a Binary star system located quite a distance away. I also found out that it's been giving off strange radio waves and that it's in a polar orbit. But uh that's all I found so far.

What's strange is that according to what I found, the Epsilon Bootis star system doesn't seem to have anything of interest. Like it's just 2 stars orbiting each other, so I dunno what's up with that. Either way, this is a very interesting mystery and I'm quite interested to see what more I could find about this.

(Also, some of the info I provided may be incorrect since I didn't look this up too much, if it is though, I apologise lol)

• Shane likes this

#3 SyrianBallaS

SyrianBallaS

Defender

• Members

Posted 21 May 2015 - 01:46 PM

The universe is a big place, too bad space transports can't handle the pressure of space, plus we haven't figured out a way to produce oxygen except with plants. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if there were intelligent lifeforms out there.

#4 MarinaraSauce

MarinaraSauce

Magus

• Members

Posted 21 May 2015 - 01:48 PM

it apparently originated 13,000 years ago and came from the Epsilon Bootis star system.

How exactly could anyone possibly know this without having been to it?

#5 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators

Posted 21 May 2015 - 01:50 PM

"Following Time’s publication, John Keel detailed the discovery in his book Disneyland of the Gods (1988), wherein he noted that around the same time that Dark Fence detected this mysterious object, ground based HAM operators were reporting having received strange radio signals.  According to Keel, one such HAM operator received and decoded a signal and claimed that the message corresponded to a star chart, plotted from Earth 13,000 years ago, and focused on a star system called Epsilon Boötis…and this is where things get really interesting."

You don't seem too far off Eddy. And it's in polar orbit... Weird.

I find it hard to believe that it could be aliens, but the whole concept at the moment seems really interesting nonetheless.
  • Eddy likes this

#6 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 21 May 2015 - 01:58 PM

After doing some minor digging... it's nothing. The photograph is of a thermal blanket that had been lost during a spacewalk, and the stories of this satellite are a string of completely unrelated events. The bit about its orbit comes from an attempt on the Navy's part to track a fragment of the Discover VIII's casing, which was expected to have a very similar orbit. The earliest "signals" from it have turned out to be radar blasts from pulsars, while newer ones turned out to be our own jumbled radio transmissions reflected off the upper atmosphere.

In short, everything about the supposed Black Knight Satellite can all be explained without resorting to a mysterious alien presence. Skepticism, people. When you see an outrageous claim such as this, evaluate the evidence.
  • Shane, Eddy, LinkFan212 and 3 others like this

#7 Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

smash the bye button

• Members

Posted 21 May 2015 - 02:00 PM

Don't worry, that's just the Batship. I managed to lose the keys last time we were up there so now it's kind of just stuck.

• Russ, Shane, Eddy and 2 others like this

#8 Eddy

Eddy

ringle

• Moderators

Posted 21 May 2015 - 02:03 PM

After doing some minor digging... it's nothing. The photograph is of a thermal blanket that had been lost during a spacewalk, and the stories of this satellite are a string of completely unrelated events. The bit about its orbit comes from an attempt on the Navy's part to track a fragment of the Discover VIII's casing, which was expected to have a very similar orbit. The earliest "signals" from it have turned out to be radar blasts from pulsars, while newer ones turned out to be our own jumbled radio transmissions reflected off the upper atmosphere.

In short, everything about the supposed Black Knight Satellite can all be explained without resorting to a mysterious alien presence. Skepticism, people. When you see an outrageous claim such as this, evaluate the evidence.

You know, this actually makes quite a bit of sense... I guess I didn't really look at this that way.

#9 Magi_Hero

Magi_Hero

gubgub

• Members

Posted 21 May 2015 - 02:04 PM

It kinda looks like the batmobile too, haha. I think I see Patrick Bateman.

#10 SyrianBallaS

SyrianBallaS

Defender

• Members

Posted 21 May 2015 - 02:05 PM

some people think apollo 13 was done in a studio, I don't know forsure.

#11 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators

Posted 21 May 2015 - 02:05 PM

To be fair, I didn't believe it was aliens, I thought it was a silly conclusion. At least we have a more realistic explanation.

Still, I find the thought of all this to be neat. Much more cooler than Unicorns. :P

#12 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 21 May 2015 - 02:06 PM

Everything is a space blanket in space. It's where I go to throw away space blankets.

Don't worry, that's just the Batship. I managed to lose the keys last time we were up there so now it's kind of just stuck.

There's no way this can be true. Robin never got to drive the Batship.

#13 Ventus

Ventus

Legend

• Members

Posted 21 May 2015 - 02:26 PM

I always knew that The Satellite wanted to be the Batman but I guess no human mortal can be the Dark Knight. But TS is gonna being staring in the new "Black Knight" Movie.

TS Staring in Black Knight

• SyrianBallaS likes this

#14 Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

smash the bye button

• Members

Posted 21 May 2015 - 02:44 PM

Everything is a space blanket in space. It's where I go to throw away space blankets.

There's no way this can be true. Robin never got to drive the Batship.

I'm not saying I drove it, but not all the batspacesuits have pockets, believe it or not, so I get to hold the keys. Not anymore though. :(

• ShadowTiger and LinkFan212 like this

#15 SyrianBallaS

SyrianBallaS

Defender

• Members

Posted 21 May 2015 - 02:44 PM

one word, propaganda. Or someones just insane (not shane).

Edited by SyrianBallaS, 21 May 2015 - 02:48 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users