Japanese voice actor of Dr. Eggman is dead

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Zeldaman23

Zeldaman23

Darkie & Dhane

• Members

Posted 18 January 2015 - 10:39 PM

It is really sad to hear that he is actually dead.  I do love his voice of Dr. Eggman.  Even his evil voice.

RIP, Chikao Ohtsuka.

http://www.hardcoreg...es-away/129732/

chikao_ohtsuka_tribute_by_ian_the_hedgeh

#2 David

David

Fallen leaves... adorn my night.

• Administrators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 18 January 2015 - 10:42 PM

This is terrible news. My prayers go to his entire family. Rest in peace.

#3 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members

Posted 18 January 2015 - 10:48 PM

About gave me a damn heart attack. I thought this was about Mike Pollock, his English actor, so I changed the title to clarify. It's no less sad, since of course the Japanese fans would enjoy him and I'm sure plenty of English fans do as well. I'm just glad it wasn't Pollock.

Regardless, thoughts go out to his family, and here's hoping Japan finds their own "Mike Pollock."

(For those not aware, Mike Pollock replaced Deem Bristow, the voice actor for Eggman from Sonic Adventure through Sonic Heroes. Bristow died not long after the actors were switched, and while Bristow had many fans, it was generally agreed that Pollock was a worthy successor and one of the few good members of the 4Kids voice cast.)

• itsamike likes this

#4 Zeldaman23

Zeldaman23

Darkie & Dhane

• Members

Posted 18 January 2015 - 10:53 PM

About gave me a damn heart attack. I thought this was about Mike Pollock, his English actor, so I changed the title to clarify. It's no less sad, since of course the Japanese fans would enjoy him and I'm sure plenty of English fans do as well. I'm just glad it wasn't Pollock.

Regardless, thoughts go out to his family, and here's hoping Japan finds their own "Mike Pollock."

(For those not aware, Mike Pollock replaced Deem Bristow, the voice actor for Eggman from Sonic Adventure through Sonic Heroes. Bristow died not long after the actors were switched, and while Bristow had many fans, it was generally agreed that Pollock was a worthy successor and one of the few good members of the 4Kids voice cast.)

Sorry for gave you heart attack.  I didn't know there is voice actor in japanese version for Eggman.  At least I will watch Sonic X to remember his voice.

#5 thepsynergist

thepsynergist

thepsynergist

• Members

Posted 19 January 2015 - 12:22 AM

That shouldn't make the death of a loved person any less important...  

I can't say that I've heard of the guys work, but I'm sure that those that loved him miss him dearly.  RIP.

#6 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members

Posted 19 January 2015 - 12:36 AM

That shouldn't make the death of a loved person any less important...

It doesn't? It just affects me a little less because I'm more attached to Mike Pollock as an actor. He's funny, is great with his roles, and is a pretty swell guy who chats with his fans on the internet; he even replied to one of my YouTube comments one time. So if I heard he died, of course I'd be more than a little upset.

It's a little like your own grandmother dying versus your friend's grandmother whom you've hardly ever met, if at all: It sucks regardless, but of course you're gonna feel sadder and/or more shocked by your own grandmother's death. :shrug:

That's all I want to say on the subject. Let's not turn this into a needless debate. I've said my piece, but I'll say it again: I hope his family is well and able to cope with this swiftly.

• HavoX likes this

#7 HavoX

HavoX

Has more posts in Doomworld than in PureZC

• Members

Posted 19 January 2015 - 09:10 AM

Well, that sucks. That's the second Eggman voice actor we've lost now.

R.I.P. あなたが惜しまれることでしょう。 (You will be missed.) tear.gif

Edited by HavoX, 19 January 2015 - 09:13 AM.

#8 itsamike

itsamike

• Members

Posted 19 January 2015 - 09:41 PM

Thanks for your concern. So far, so good as far as I'm concerned.

• LinktheMaster, nicklegends, Theryan and 8 others like this

#9 Taco Chopper

Taco Chopper

protector of the darn forum

• Administrators

Posted 20 January 2015 - 12:22 AM

Thanks for your concern. So far, so good as far as I'm concerned.

Glad to hear. Thanks Mike.  :)

#10 Lecayle

Lecayle

One bug, two bug, fix one, new bug. (Coder's humor)

• Members

Posted 22 January 2015 - 04:21 AM

Jeez. There have been way too many of the celebrity types crossing the veil in recent times. Anyone remember the Elder God's voice in Legacy of Cain? He also voiced Megabyte in the old Reboot cartoon in the 90s. Passed away sometime around 2003ish

#11 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 22 January 2015 - 08:59 AM

I wonder if Mike made a blog entry about this in his blog. The Latest Deadlines. Ya, he has a blog where he makes jokes about dead celebrities. I hope, for his sake, the humor is light acceptable humor. :P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users