ZOLE- Zelda oracle level editor

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 SnarkyCrow

SnarkyCrow

Experienced Forumer

• Members

Posted 30 November 2011 - 11:00 PM

It appears that this little ditty came about in my search for proper tutorials for making a quest, Romhacking-ZOLE.
Basically it's a game editor towards the oracle games, this seems to be a validated use for only ages I believe. Have anyone of you ever stumbled upon this?
Legend of zelda oracle of hours This is a demo reel of the hacked game 'oracle of hours'
Based on this, I have only played one hacked game even then thats not much to describe them all, but they do look very interesting, I'm very curious on zelda hacked games such as this and parallel worlds. It seems I would need some patch for this to work?
How do I patch these games or how do I even get them??

There's only like one topic on ZOLE but it's only for help, right now I'm just curious about this and your views on it, well to anyone who actually used this program.
/slowpoke

Oh and sorry if this post is retarded, I'm rather sleepy. ORZ;

#2 Moosh

Moosh

Tiny Little Questmaker

• ZC Developers

Posted 30 November 2011 - 11:05 PM

Oh my god Oracle of Hours was more than just a VGmaps April Fools joke!? icon_eek.gif

#3 SnarkyCrow

SnarkyCrow

Experienced Forumer

• Members

Posted 30 November 2011 - 11:17 PM

QUOTE(Pokemonmaster64 @ Nov 30 2011, 10:05 PM) View Post

Oh my god Oracle of Hours was more than just a VGmaps April Fools joke!? icon_eek.gif

I believe there was a demo, but unfortunately its been removed from media fire.

#4 Orithan

Orithan

Studying Scientist - Commission from Silvixen

• Members

Posted 30 November 2011 - 11:18 PM

I rember seeing another oracle romhacing utility here, but it is buried underneath 1+ year of topics. Search "Oracles X" or something along the lines here.

For the patching, you can look up the IPS patches of these hacks and then use a rompatching utility such as Lunar IPS to patch a clean rom you are using (don't forget to backup your rom before doing so).

On the subject of romhacks, I've seen plenty of romhacks, especially Super Metroid ones. A few I played were SM limit (Pro hack!), SM Panetheron (Warning - only one savestation in the entire hack), SM Volta demo and SM Icemetal. With SM hacks, it's relativley easy to patch them as SMILE, a well-known SM romhacking utility, can patch roms as well as edit them.

#5 Schwa

Schwa

Enjoy the Moment more. This strengthens Imagination.

• Members

Posted 01 December 2011 - 08:07 AM

QUOTE(Pokemonmaster64 @ Nov 30 2011, 08:05 PM) View Post

It was a VGmaps April Fool's joke. What these guys did was start turning it into an actual Rom Hack. Which is just awesome.

And ballsier than anyone at this site, not to mention. Considering ZQuest and ZScript could run circles around the Assembly-based constrictions of the actual Rom, and yet THEY'RE still determined to make it, whereas with us there was a bit of planning for it for like a day and then nobody ever heard a word again. icon_neutral.gif We need to not be so lazy and apathetic about our projects. I say this too because I am not only a ZC author, but a Rom Hacker, and I can tell you from experience that real Rom Hackers get stuff done. You know the SonicRetro community? Yeah, they're freaking good at what they do, because they do it, instead of say "wouldn't it be cool if".

I've got my eye on this project now, I'll be interested at seeing it become finished. icon_slycool.gif

#6 SnarkyCrow

SnarkyCrow

Experienced Forumer

• Members

Posted 01 December 2011 - 06:08 PM

QUOTE(Schwa @ Dec 1 2011, 07:07 AM) View Post

It was a VGmaps April Fool's joke. What these guys did was start turning it into an actual Rom Hack. Which is just awesome.

And ballsier than anyone at this site, not to mention. Considering ZQuest and ZScript could run circles around the Assembly-based constrictions of the actual Rom, and yet THEY'RE still determined to make it, whereas with us there was a bit of planning for it for like a day and then nobody ever heard a word again. icon_neutral.gif We need to not be so lazy and apathetic about our projects. I say this too because I am not only a ZC author, but a Rom Hacker, and I can tell you from experience that real Rom Hackers get stuff done. You know the SonicRetro community? Yeah, they're freaking good at what they do, because they do it, instead of say "wouldn't it be cool if".

I've got my eye on this project now, I'll be interested at seeing it become finished. icon_slycool.gif

There's a ZOLE forums apparently.
Forgot to mention hehe...

Anyways it seems the ZOLE software only works for windows and windows alone, shame, I wish I could use wine bottler more correctly to actually use a windows software.

#7 Neppy

Neppy

Grand Overlord Empress

• Members

Posted 11 December 2011 - 05:30 PM

I've stumbled upon this before, but I did end up forgetting about the awesome little program! Too bad I am not so skilled at the whole hacking game. icon_frown.gif

#8 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 08 July 2013 - 09:59 PM

Cole is interested in Zole. So Cole will check out this Zole, and if Cole likes the Zole, Cole will play the Zole.

Hmmmmmmm...... My last name is Cole.  

• SnarkyCrow likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users