Photo

What's your profession and how much do you earn?

• Please log in to reply
76 replies to this topic

#1 MaximusFred

MaximusFred

Zelda Master Of Science

• Members

Posted 17 February 2011 - 04:49 PM

Hello people @ ZC.

I'm playing Zelda since my childhood and I love ZC for sure. Once upon a time I found out that ZC exists and explored the ZC.com and Purezc.com forums.

I think that people who do know ZC and even write in ZC forums or design custom ZC dungeons/overworlds must either be more qualified and very interested in videogames. I think that most of you visit/or have visited college or university or at least a higher qualification. Who are you?

I could be a good example: I've studied in Europe subjects in engineering and my profession now is an engineer for automation systems in Switzerland.

Excuse me for some mistakes in the english language - my mother language is german - I've learned English at the University and during stays in London ;-)

Cheers,
Fred

Edited by MaximusFred, 19 February 2011 - 11:36 AM.

#2 trucky5

trucky5

"WHAT KIND ARE THEY?" THEY'RE GUATIBALIAN!

• Members

Posted 17 February 2011 - 06:27 PM

Right now, I'm a broke street musician. icon_razz.gif

I make about $35 give or take every time I go out and perform. Usually perform for about four hours, so... I make around $9 an hour, give or take.

#3 Geoffrey

Geoffrey

Chosen One

• Members

Posted 17 February 2011 - 06:46 PM

Unemployed 16 year old who makes about $250 come Christmas time/my birthday combined, plus about $50 doing random chores for my mom and about $30 in coins I've found on my friends' floors. So yeah, I need a job.

PS Your English isn't bad and is certainly understandable, so no worries.
  • MaximusFred likes this

#4 trucky5

trucky5

"WHAT KIND ARE THEY?" THEY'RE GUATIBALIAN!

• Members

Posted 17 February 2011 - 07:29 PM

P.S. I also forgot to say that. Very good English. You should have no problem here. icon_smile.gif
  • MaximusFred likes this

#5 lucas92

lucas92

Defender

• Members

Posted 17 February 2011 - 07:31 PM

Unemployed right now but going to university in electrical engineering next September.

Might need to get some cheap job to get a bit of money though... :S

#6 Golden Chocobo

Golden Chocobo

For Hoshido!

• Members

Posted 17 February 2011 - 09:14 PM

I work at a nice dinner theatre, and I make $7.25 an hour. I only work about 9-ish hours a week, unfortunately, so I'm poor. Sometimes though, when we're building or striking a show (and not during the run of it) I'll get 30 hours! Out of nowhere! So my checks range from about $60-200 every other week.

#7 Moonbread

Moonbread

Playing With Psychos

• Members
  • Pronouns:They / Them

Posted 17 February 2011 - 10:03 PM

I'm a starving artist/freelance writer. It doesn't really bring anything in, except for a couple contracts here and there. For now though, my full-time job is finding a full-time job.

#8 MaximusFred

MaximusFred

Zelda Master Of Science

• Members

Posted 19 February 2011 - 11:57 AM

QUOTE(trucky5 @ Feb 18 2011, 12:27 AM) View Post

Right now, I'm a broke street musician. icon_razz.gif

I make about $35 give or take every time I go out and perform. Usually perform for about four hours, so... I make around $9 an hour, give or take.

Hey that sounds interesting. Where do you perform?

QUOTE(Molten Onyx @ Feb 18 2011, 12:46 AM) View Post

Unemployed 16 year old who makes about $250 come Christmas time/my birthday combined, plus about $50 doing random chores for my mom and about $30 in coins I've found on my friends' floors. So yeah, I need a job.

PS Your English isn't bad and is certainly understandable, so no worries.

Hehe that sounds pretty exciting. Thank you very much. Hm what could a 16-year-old do? Perhaps assist in a supermarket part time or so? Hm no ideas. I startet my first job as a 17-year-old.

QUOTE(trucky5 @ Feb 18 2011, 01:29 AM) View Post

P.S. I also forgot to say that. Very good English. You should have no problem here. icon_smile.gif

Thank you very much! I've always dreamed about working in the USA. But it's really not easy for foreigners to get a visa. Perhaps over my company it would go..

But nevertheless I want to visit the USA this or next year. Want to visit L.A., NY. or California. Dunno yet.

You are from Boulder, CO? Do you know the university there? I think that they offer good studies with high salaries then.

QUOTE(lucas92 @ Feb 18 2011, 01:31 AM) View Post

Unemployed right now but going to university in electrical engineering next September.

Might need to get some cheap job to get a bit of money though... :S

Oh if your hobby is also something with electronics it shouldn't be difficult to find at least a parttime job :-)

Electrical engineering sounds good.I've a master degree in information technology and a friend of mine has a degree in Petroleum Engineering. He works for a large company (Exxon Oil) in Houston, TX now.

QUOTE(Golden Chocobo @ Feb 18 2011, 03:14 AM) View Post

I work at a nice dinner theatre, and I make $7.25 an hour. I only work about 9-ish hours a week, unfortunately, so I'm poor. Sometimes though, when we're building or striking a show (and not during the run of it) I'll get 30 hours! Out of nowhere! So my checks range from about $60-200 every other week.

hmm do you live at home with your parents? How much does an engineer earn in the U.S.? You can apply in switzerland, with a masters degree or diploma from a good university you can expect around $ 85.000 a year (salary as a freshman, beginning right after university) icon_naughty.gif

QUOTE(Prospekt @ Feb 18 2011, 04:03 AM) View Post

I'm a starving artist/freelance writer. It doesn't really bring anything in, except for a couple contracts here and there. For now though, my full-time job is finding a full-time job.

hmm could that be in the U.S finding a job is more and more difficult? icon_redface.gif

hmm whatever! I want to play ZC at my home theatre system. Now icon_smile.gif

Edited by MaximusFred, 19 February 2011 - 12:01 PM.

#9 Majora

Majora

Unironic Marxist-Leninist

• Members

Posted 19 February 2011 - 12:10 PM

Manual labor, it basically equates to a garbage man but I get to use some fancy(ish) equipment. I make $12.76/hr and I didn't even finish high school (though I plan to, without resorting to a GED.) I'm also 19.

#10 Chakaa

Chakaa

Hench 4 Life

• Members

Posted 19 February 2011 - 12:34 PM

I'm going to a technical high school, my shop is Computer Science/Internet Technology. After I get out of school, I'm probably going to try to get a some kind of job in video games (as this is one path I can take with my shop).

#11 Nathaniel

Nathaniel

Deified

• Members

Posted 19 February 2011 - 04:21 PM

I am a Math Instructor at my local community college. I am an Adjunct Professor (means I am part time), and with the hours I got last year, I made close to 30K for that year. I mostly teach developmental math (the lowest level, such as pre-algebra and beginning algebra), so those I teach tend to need the most help.

#12 Koh

Koh

Tamer Koh

• Members

Posted 19 February 2011 - 04:32 PM

No job at the moment, but I'm currently attending Old Dominion University with Computer Science as my major, in hopes of becoming a Video Game Programmer =D!

#13 Rover

Rover

slam dunk

• Members

Posted 19 February 2011 - 04:42 PM

Pef, I'm still young and 15. I am in 9th grade and I am looking to be some sort of a programmer or something? I have no idea what I'm going to do with my life to be honest. My family isn't the richest family, but my father plans to pay for my college.

But, I do work at a local Mc Donalds. Coming in around $11 dollars an hour or so? I only work three hours a week night and sometimes less, and I'm the drive thru guy, ha ha. Since I am 15 I get short hours. This is mainly because my family is in need of money right now since my Uncle got his job dropped. This won't really last long at all, only until the end of March. It is sort of explaining why I haven't been on lately, I only got it around the 1st of February.

i am expert drive thru guy

#14 Hunter P Brown

Hunter P Brown

Deified

• Members

Posted 19 February 2011 - 04:45 PM

My profession: I'm a Licensed Vocational Nurse, doing jobs in Nursing facilities and supported living centers. I only have 3 more years left of college at University of North Texas in Denton until I get my Registrated Nurse license, giving me a salary increase almost 4x what I am making and having a career that I enjoy doing.

#15 Radien

Radien

Courage

• Members

Posted 19 February 2011 - 05:33 PM

I am an unemployed college student. Therefore, I have a negative income! icon_razz.gif

Willkommen, Fred! Can you give me a job? icon_biggrin.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users