Photo

Snow!!!

• Please log in to reply
87 replies to this topic

#16 SpacemanDan

SpacemanDan

• Members

Posted 28 November 2010 - 07:47 PM

We had our first major snowfall on thursday, which sucked since it apparently stopped the buses from going up to the theater. The walk to the next stop wasn't bad, but the slippery ground and the fact that I was going downhill didn't help. Oh, then when I got on the bus, they had decided to return to a normal route. (Which meant that it went back up to the theater, which also meant the little dangerous walk went in vain. icon_xd.gif)

It's still kicking. Gah, I can't stand the stuff. Please, come steal my snow if anyone wants some; I've got plenty and I'm more than happy to give it away. icon_razz.gif

#17 Tree

Tree

Everything must go away

• Members

Posted 28 November 2010 - 09:07 PM

I love snow! You're so lucky you got snow!
<---- jealous... icon_glare.gif

#18 William

William

Banditos

• Members

Posted 28 November 2010 - 09:11 PM

QUOTE(cremeens1000 @ Nov 28 2010, 09:07 PM) View Post

Yeah, I too am jealous.

I have to travel up to the mountains of Northern Arizona in order to get snow, but I only do that once a year. When I used to live in New York, we'd get a ton of snow every winter. Sometimes I miss it icon_confused.gif

#19 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 28 November 2010 - 09:44 PM

It snowed here while I was on vacation, but it's all pretty much melted now. It's supposed to be a super snowy year here though, so I guess I'll just have to wait and see.

#20 Tree

Tree

Everything must go away

• Members

Posted 28 November 2010 - 10:03 PM

It better snow here soon or I'll go insane!

#21 ZebraStallion

ZebraStallion

Follower of Destiny

• Members

Posted 28 November 2010 - 11:14 PM

QUOTE(cremeens1000 @ Nov 28 2010, 09:03 PM) View Post

Why do you like snow so much? I hate it. Snow's cold and miserable, and I hate shoveling it. icon_razz.gif

#22 William

William

Banditos

• Members

Posted 28 November 2010 - 11:27 PM

QUOTE(ZebraStallion @ Nov 28 2010, 11:14 PM) View Post

QUOTE(cremeens1000 @ Nov 28 2010, 09:03 PM) View Post

Why do you like snow so much? I hate it. Snow's cold and miserable, and I hate shoveling it. icon_razz.gif

He doesn't like snow THAT much, but he loves post-count icon_wink.gif

Anyway, surprisingly enough, here in Arizona we had frost last night. Which is pretty rare. It doesn't drop below freezing usually. In fact, this is the first time it has here in the Valley since before I moved here five years ago.

#23 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 29 November 2010 - 06:16 AM

QUOTE(ZeeLiam @ Nov 28 2010, 08:11 PM) View Post

QUOTE(cremeens1000 @ Nov 28 2010, 09:07 PM) View Post

Yeah, I too am jealous.

I have to travel up to the mountains of Northern Arizona in order to get snow, but I only do that once a year. When I used to live in New York, we'd get a ton of snow every winter. Sometimes I miss it icon_confused.gif

I want snow in Australia icon_frown.gif

#24 Banjo7J

Banjo7J

Defender

• Members

Posted 29 November 2010 - 11:47 AM

Hooray, I'm back at school, meaning I have to walk through the snow! /massivesarcasm Yeah, snow really sucks. Still, at least I don't have snew.

EDIT:Damn, no-one fell for the snew trap.

Edited by Banjo7J, 29 November 2010 - 02:06 PM.

#25 William

William

Banditos

• Members

Posted 29 November 2010 - 02:59 PM

When it comes down to it, I think snow has more "downs" than "ups". Sure, you can go sledding, or skating, or snow boarding. But with all the downs to snow, is the fun worth it? In New York, we had to get up at 6 in the morning to go to school, and by "go" to school, I mean walk to school. You know what walking to school a mile through snow is like in the dead of winter? Cold. I used to stuff four hand warmers into my pockets icon_biggrin.gif.

#26 Tree

Tree

Everything must go away

• Members

Posted 29 November 2010 - 03:06 PM

QUOTE(ZeeLiam @ Nov 29 2010, 02:59 PM) View Post

When it comes down to it, I think snow has more "downs" than "ups". Sure, you can go sledding, or skating, or snow boarding. But with all the downs to snow, is the fun worth it? In New York, we had to get up at 6 in the morning to go to school, and by "go" to school, I mean walk to school. You know what walking to school a mile through snow is like in the dead of winter? Cold. I used to stuff four hand warmers into my pockets icon_biggrin.gif.

To me, there's no "Downs" to snow. I just love watching fall from the sky. It's beautiful!
Although, snow boarding is fun too! I also jump into icy rivers for a rush!

#27 Neppy

Neppy

Grand Overlord Empress

• Members

Posted 29 November 2010 - 04:03 PM

Today we're finally getting something, and I think it'd going to stick, it's not exactly snow, but not freezing rain either, more like frozen rain. What I mean, it the rain drops are frozen before they hit the ground. Not cool, very bad way to start the accumulative process, with Ice... But yeah, it's cold enough now that it'll stay, and I couldn't hate it more. That means I have to scrape windows, shovel snow, and freeze to death, not to forget that I now have to bundle my 2 little kids up really good so they stay warm. I'm also going to end up having to suck it up, and go outside to play with my kids in the snow. Oh well, it's only 4-5 more months until it gets nice out again. icon_shrug.gif icon_lol.gif
QUOTE(ZeeLiam @ Nov 29 2010, 01:59 PM) View Post
Has even less ups where I live, there is no place to sled, or ski really, since I live in Minnesota, part of the "Great Plains" which means nothing but flat land as far as you can see. It truly sucks...

I also don't need a reiteration that you like the snow, cremeens1000, I've already noticed.

#28 Tree

Tree

Everything must go away

• Members

Posted 29 November 2010 - 04:53 PM

I also don't need a reiteration that you like the snow, cremeens1000, I've already noticed.
[/quote]
umm, okay. This topic is about snow so I was just saying what it was meant for.

Edited by cremeens1000, 29 November 2010 - 04:53 PM.

#29 William

William

Banditos

• Members

Posted 29 November 2010 - 05:00 PM

QUOTE(cremeens1000 @ Nov 29 2010, 04:53 PM) View Post

Seriously dude! Just saying useless things for your own post-count is extremely annoying. Take a break from PureZC, go get a glass of water, and chill out. Angeal is a Global Moderator, he is saying what he is saying for a reason. Not just to annoy you.

Anyway, we had frost again here last night. My mother works at the Community Garden here in Arizona, and it froze some plant stems solid. Certain plants they had to throw out just because it was too cold.

Edited by ZeeLiam, 29 November 2010 - 05:21 PM.

#30 Neppy

Neppy

Grand Overlord Empress

• Members

Posted 29 November 2010 - 07:28 PM

QUOTE(cremeens1000 @ Nov 29 2010, 03:53 PM) View Post
QUOTE(Angeal @ Nov 29 2010, 03:03 PM) View Post
The thing is, you've said it at least 3 or 4 times now, not really adding much more to your thoughts, some would consider that post hoarding, aka posting for post count, and I've been seeing too much of it lately, so perhaps there needs to be something about it where if someone is suspected of doing so, they would possibly have their post count reduced. See now, my first post was about how I had some frozen rain drops earlier, and it was barely accumulating, and now I am going to post something completely new to add to the discussion.

Well, now, 3-4 hours later, we have at least 3 or 4 inches of snow sitting on the ground, and it's still coming down quite heavily. I guess we're supposed to continue to have crap weather through tomorrow sometime.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users