Photo

[W] LoZ Playthrough by yours truly ^^

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Schwa

Schwa

Enjoy the Moment more. This strengthens Imagination.

• Members

Posted 25 January 2010 - 03:39 AM

Almost put this in Gen Entertainment... but nah, I like the atmosphere of OTBP better in general. 'Sides I figure it'd be better suited for something like this, since I technically made this.

Schwa does Legend Of Zelda 1st Quest - Part 1 - Part 2 - Part 3 - Part 4

I basically aced this game now. Not a single Game Over, and... well, some other tricks are in here too that make this playthrough "special".

Feel free to say whatever you want regarding this playthrough of mine. :3 Cheerz!

Edit - All four parts are on the first page now.

Edited by Schwa, 27 January 2010 - 02:18 PM.

#2 Alestance

Alestance

Saint Alestance - Eliminator of the ZGP format

• Members

Posted 25 January 2010 - 05:43 AM

Watching the first few minutes, I'm impressed. Jumping in to Level 3 like that at first. I'm not that crazy, and often way too careless. To me, bombs aren't a weapon. I EXCLUSIVELY use the sword, or arrows after I had bought the blue right. I usually go for the blue ring and white sword before going to Level 1 first, anyway. I like the added comfort. Although, I admit I never finished the 1st quest without cheating. Although, I should probably give it a shot. I think I put it off long enough.

Edit: Ok, thats it, I'm upset. Level 8? Wooden Sword? No ring? icon_cry.gif

#3 Schwa

Schwa

• Members

Posted 25 January 2010 - 12:23 PM

QUOTE(Alestance @ Jan 25 2010, 02:43 AM) View Post
Watching the first few minutes, I'm impressed. Jumping in to Level 3 like that at first. I'm not that crazy, and often way too careless. To me, bombs aren't a weapon. I EXCLUSIVELY use the sword, or arrows after I had bought the blue right. I usually go for the blue ring and white sword before going to Level 1 first, anyway. I like the added comfort. Although, I admit I never finished the 1st quest without cheating. Although, I should probably give it a shot. I think I put it off long enough.

No need to be afraid of the Blue Keese and Stalfos1s! icon_xd.gif

It's only in Level 6 where you have the right to freak out a bit. Those Blue Wizzrobes are SAVAGES. Sure they don't hit you as hard as the Red ones (Red do 4 Hearts damage, Blue do 2), but the Red ones don't often hit you at all. The Blue ones... geez, they don't even let you up for AIR. icon_eek.gif

I beat Level 6 once without the Blue Ring or dying. Once. And I needed potions, plural. This playthrough does not feature such.

(Trust me though, if you want practice against Wizzrobes, play Second Quest. You'll get your practice, alright. icon_shiver.gif )

Also I use bombs as weapons quite often because I only had the Wooden Sword. Even with the White Sword, the Bombs are a fantastic weapon for their large area of effect and heavy hitting power. Even when I have the Magic Sword it's not uncommon for me to fight Blue Wizzrobes with both the sword and Bombs at the same time (any time two or more of the Wizzrobes cross paths nearby, I set a bomb there while running across to the other side of the room to take out the isolated one with the Sword before the other, now wounded ones have a chance to crowd me there).

QUOTE(Alestance @ Jan 25 2010, 02:43 AM) View Post
Edit: Ok, thats it, I'm upset. Level 8? Wooden Sword? No ring? icon_cry.gif

I can't tell you how hard I laughed when I saw this. icon_xd.gif icon_xd.gif

#4 Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

smash the bye button

• Members

Posted 25 January 2010 - 02:25 PM

That's pretty neat. I love how the music changes to the dungeon music when you first enter Level 3. It's also painfully obvious that you're a lot better than me at playing Zelda Classic. Compared to this, I suck. I mean, I could easily die at Level 1. XD Yeah, some hardcore gamer I am, right? icon_razz.gif

#5 Schwa

Schwa

• Members

Posted 25 January 2010 - 09:35 PM

Here we go! Schwa does LoZ - Part 2

Thanks for your comments so far, guys. Whether few or many, I'm grateful for any of it. Schwa doesn't take being appreciated for granted, ever, I promise you that. icon_smile.gif

Aw, Migo! icon_xd.gif It's all practice! You practice, you'll get better, it's totally simple. Thank you though, it feels good to get compliments from this! I'm really proud of this playthrough, as it took countless tries (several weeks straight) to get it right. icon_biggrin.gif

Oh and this is just me, but I distingush "hardcore gamer" and "retro gamer" as distinctly seperate categories. I fail incredibly hard at any FPS like Halo or TF2, for example, yet I'm pretty positive a great deal of people who are amazing at those games couldn't even pick up one Triforce Piece in LoZ, or get through World 5 in SMB1 withough getting their mushroom castrated. icon_eek.gif Some people are great at both, of course. But I say they're two seperate categories is my point.

#6 Alestance

Alestance

• Members

Posted 26 January 2010 - 03:07 AM

You're still impressive, and I'm still upset. Please don't stab me with that toy sword. In your hands, its LETHAL!

#7 Gleeok

Gleeok

It's dangerous to dough alone, bake this.

• Members

Posted 26 January 2010 - 03:17 AM

Now you've got to do a 1st quest speed run! icon_smile.gif

That's the next step. It's all fun and games 'till you have one heart left and you have no choice but to continue your mad dash through the level and beat the boss as fast as possible. That's what makes it fun.

#8 Schwa

Schwa

• Members

Posted 26 January 2010 - 02:09 PM

QUOTE(Gleeok @ Jan 26 2010, 12:17 AM) View Post

Now you've got to do a 1st quest speed run! icon_smile.gif

That's the next step. It's all fun and games 'till you have one heart left and you have no choice but to continue your mad dash through the level and beat the boss as fast as possible. That's what makes it fun.

That doesn't sound fun, no offense. icon_razz.gif I've always preferred technical gaming over speed gaming, even in games like Sonic the Hedgehog, always trying to get the best Score possible and whatnot, or to beat a boss without taking damage or without item X or Y, etc. I might try a speed run sometime though, just to say that I've done it, just don't expect it to be too great. icon_xd.gif

I'm reminded of Ferris Bueller's amazing quote... "Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." I don't know if it's meant to apply to gaming, but I did so anyway. icon_kawaii.gif

Oh, and that "one heart left but no choice" happened to me twice in Part 1. icon_eek.gif I can't tell you how freaked out I got right there and then I killed the boss and I was like AWWW YES THAT WAS CLOSE and everyone in the coffee shop just stared... icon_lol.gif

LoZ 1st Quest - Part 3 is up. ^.^ We go through Level 6 now.

And get the Wand.

I like the Wand.

#9 Alestance

Alestance

• Members

Posted 27 January 2010 - 02:00 AM

I'm gonna give this a shot then. It'll give me a chance to advertise my music set-up if nothing else.

#10 Schwa

Schwa

• Members

Posted 27 January 2010 - 02:19 PM

Part 4 is up.

Also I put all four parts on the first post for easy access. :3

#11 trudatman

trudatman

one point nine hero

• Members
  • Location:State Of Love And Trust, The United State Of Amorica.

Posted 25 July 2012 - 06:42 PM

loving this, but wishing it was real speed. was this console, emulation or Zelda Classic?

it was tough to tell with the speed doubled, but did the first patra in the ninth dungeon only spread twice? it seemed wrong; maybe somebody could explain why.

Edited by trudatman, 26 July 2012 - 03:18 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users