Cycle Layers

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Lune

Lune

Apprentice

• Members

Posted 24 September 2007 - 10:40 PM

I'm using the new beta(Mac) and I was wondering if it is possible to make a working cycle combo as a layer? Kind of like dodge the arrows, but using layers, so that I can put stuff in between the moving cycle tiles. Did I make this clear?

#2 NoeL

NoeL

Legend

• Members

Posted 25 September 2007 - 12:20 AM

Yeah, only the newer betas allow for combo cycling on layers. Look in the quest rules, there should be a checkbox.

#3 Lune

Lune

Apprentice

• Members

Posted 25 September 2007 - 12:27 AM

K, thanks!

EDIT: I got the combos to cycle as a layer and all, but they were supposed to hurt me when I touched them and they didn't. I tried all 3 different types of layers

Edited by Puzidman, 25 September 2007 - 12:33 AM.

#4 NoeL

NoeL

Legend

• Members

Posted 25 September 2007 - 12:45 AM

Layers don't hold that kind of info, only layer 0 does.

#5 Lune

Lune

Apprentice

• Members

Posted 25 September 2007 - 12:50 AM

Oh, okay. I'll have to find a way to work around that.....

#6 Freedom

Freedom

Warrior

• Members

Posted 25 September 2007 - 06:59 AM

You make your damage combo on layer 0 and then paint the screen on layer 1, then put the cycling combo again on layer 2, that way you get both the visual and the damage.

#7 Radien

Radien

Courage

• Members

Posted 25 September 2007 - 08:01 AM

QUOTE(Freedom @ Sep 25 2007, 04:59 AM) View Post
You make your damage combo on layer 0 and then paint the screen on layer 1, then put the cycling combo again on layer 2, that way you get both the visual and the damage.

There's a slightly simpler way to do this in the newer betas. The screen flag "layer 2 is background" would cause layer 2 to appear beneath layer 0. That way you could put the floor on layer 2, and the cycling damage animation on layer 0.

Your method would be useful for layer 3, though. That way you could have animated, translucent poison mist that rolls in and out! (Wow, that sounds like a complex endeavor)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users