Photo

I want to play in a different tileset but every tile is now black.

Help

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 wildwood

wildwood

• Members

Posted 20 September 2023 - 06:24 AM

I just want to play this game in a different tileset, nothing more but I don't know how. I found this Cambria Tileset, version wise everything seem alright. I followed the FAQ, started the program, picked the right direction, hit alt, chose the qst file and hit start, every tile is black.now :( except UI and Link.

#2 Moosh

Moosh

Tiny Little Questmaker

• ZC Developers

Posted 20 September 2023 - 06:38 AM

By "Play this game" what do you mean? Tilesets aren't something you can just swap out on the fly. Every one has unique palettes and tile organization.

If what you mean is you're trying to edit a quest in ZQuest and all the screens are black, that's an easy fix. Go to Screen->Palette and change the preview palette for that screen. Do the same on the associated DMap to match.

The reason palette 0 in some tilesets is black or otherwise weird looking is that many new users fail to understand that level palettes are even a thing when designing their quests. By making the default one something eye catchingly wrong it discourages using the tileset incorrectly.

#3 wildwood

wildwood

• Members

Posted 20 September 2023 - 06:50 AM

By "Play this game" what do you mean? Tilesets aren't something you can just swap out on the fly. Every one has unique palettes and tile organization.

If what you mean is you're trying to edit a quest in ZQuest and all the screens are black, that's an easy fix. Go to Screen->Palette and change the preview palette for that screen. Do the same on the associated DMap to match.

The reason palette 0 in some tilesets is black or otherwise weird looking is that many new users fail to understand that level palettes are even a thing when designing their quests. By making the default one something eye catchingly wrong it discourages using the tileset incorrectly.

Ohhh :( I thought you could just download a tileset and swap it out.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Help

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users