• Please log in to reply
90 replies to this topic

#1 ZebraStallion

ZebraStallion

Follower of Destiny

• Members

Posted 27 April 2008 - 04:14 PM

Could someone please script a cutscene for me? Here is what happens:

You walk into the screen and in the middle of the screen, there is a fairy (ffc #1) That is being attacked by octoroks from left and right. (ffcs #2+3) The octoroks are standing on opposite sides 2 tiles away shooting rocks at the fairy. Each time a rock hits the fairy, a sound effect plays. If you have played Minish Cap, it is like the part when the two octoroks are attacking ezlo. Anyways, when you walk 2 tiles into the screen, a string plays. Then after the string plays, the octoroks turn into, well, octoroks and you have to defeat them. After you defeat them, you warp. OR after the string plays, you warp. So any takers? I really appreciate it and I'll add you to the credits for Pearl Of Shadows. Thanks. P.S. This is really urgent.

#2 Joe123

Joe123

Retired

• Members

Posted 27 April 2008 - 04:41 PM

This is the sort of thing that is very specific to your own needs, and indeed to your quest's set up.
Being specific to your own needs means that someone else is less likely to script it, as it won't benefit them or anyone else (apart from you), and being specific to your quest's set up means that it's not going to be very easy to code without access to your file.

I think that for this sort of thing (especially if you're going to want similar scenarios further on in your quest), you're going to need to do one of two things.
1) Learn to code yourself.
2) Get someone to code specifically for your quest (I'm not offering to code for you, sorry).

You might get someone to do something like this one off, but it just seems unlikely to me.
Few words of advice.

#3 Master Maniac

Master Maniac

Earth, Wind, Fire, and Water.

• Members

Posted 27 April 2008 - 05:12 PM

for something like that? it would be kinda easy... ill do it if you want. ill need to look at the quest and the room you want to use for that though. i might be able to make it without scripting... possibly.

but now i need to know how to use drawtile for this if i use scripting.

EDIT:oops worded wrong. i meant i need to know how to place a combo under link's feet.

EDIT 2: also im not sure how i'll make it play through only once...

ZS, is there an item link gets in that room? like a weapon? sword boomerang... something. it would make that part easier...

Edited by Master Maniac, 27 April 2008 - 05:31 PM.

#4 ZebraStallion

ZebraStallion

Follower of Destiny

• Members

Posted 27 April 2008 - 05:30 PM

Well, Here is the screen:
IPB Image

It should pretty much be exactly like MC. Forget the message string part. I can just set the room message string, can't I? So exactly like MC. I don't think it will be very hard.

#5 Master Maniac

Master Maniac

• Members

Posted 27 April 2008 - 05:34 PM

like i said, to set it up correctly, i would have to look at the file itself. ill promise not to mess with anything =)

ive never been able to decipher storylines by looking at the actual files anyway.

also if you give me the file, i could set it all up nicer than just looking at a screenshot. then things would be quite a bit easier because you wouldnt even have to set it up.

but to place the octorocks and fairy correctly, i'll have to look at the file (so i wont mess up the coordinates or anything.)

also, does link get any items in this area? like a sword or a boomerang or something? if not then i'll make it give link a dummy item.

EDIT: the string # will be one of the arguments.

Edited by Master Maniac, 27 April 2008 - 05:44 PM.

#6 ZebraStallion

ZebraStallion

Follower of Destiny

• Members

Posted 27 April 2008 - 05:58 PM

I don't see why you'd need the file. all I need is for the cutscene to be right in the middle of the screen. Wouldn't you just set the coordinates?
And Link doesn't get an item in this area. But I have a question for you: Have you played the Minish Cap? You'd know what I mean if you have.

Arguements:
- String number

Things that I can edit in the script:
- combo for fairy
- combos for ocrorok 1 and 2
- sound effect to play when rock hits the fairy, like every __ tics.

#7 Master Maniac

Master Maniac

• Members

Posted 27 April 2008 - 06:04 PM

yeah i know what youre wanting, but i would need the specific coordinates to make it work right. ill try it without, but yeah it might be a little off.

the arguments will be string # and combo #. ill explain in the script.

#8 ZebraStallion

ZebraStallion

Follower of Destiny

• Members

Posted 27 April 2008 - 06:07 PM

Okay thanks MM! I'll add you to my credits list after I recieve the script! And if it's off, I guess I can try to fix it.

edit: If you need the screen number then it's map 20 screen 42. But I don't see why you would need it because this is an FFC script, right? Oh yeah, and could you please make it so when it happens once, next time you come back to the screen, it doesn't happen? Or should I just do that myself.

Edited by ZebraStallion, 27 April 2008 - 06:09 PM.

#9 Master Maniac

Master Maniac

• Members

Posted 27 April 2008 - 07:22 PM

ill make it happen once. name an item you arent using thats hard-coded in the game. ill use that so it wont play again. once you pick an item, erase its graphic and everything. make sure its not a magic ring or heart ring, or anything that will have any adverse effects.

also what version are you using? maybe i dont need to know all that, but it would be nice.

EDIT:one more thing, do you want link to talk to the fairy afterwards? if so, then you will have to make an ffc of link.

Edited by Master Maniac, 27 April 2008 - 07:28 PM.

#10 ZebraStallion

ZebraStallion

Follower of Destiny

• Members

Posted 27 April 2008 - 08:18 PM

I'm not using the whisp ring or stone of agony...

I'm using version 758 but I can upgrade if you need me to.

and yes, I'd like the fairy to talk to Link afterwards, but I really don't see why Link needs to be an FFC. And can't I just make a new item???

#11 Master Maniac

Master Maniac

• Members

Posted 27 April 2008 - 08:20 PM

actually thats all i need. i use 758 too. so this works great.

#12 ZebraStallion

ZebraStallion

Follower of Destiny

• Members

Posted 28 April 2008 - 06:01 PM

Okay, so are you going to take the challenge? Thanks. icon_wink.gif

#13 Master Maniac

Master Maniac

• Members

Posted 28 April 2008 - 08:01 PM

yep. challenge accepted. what do you want the fairy to do after link saves it though? i know you want it to play a message, but after that? do you want it to fly toward a certain direction? or fly toward an opening in the screen?

a you enter that screen for the first time from a side, not up or down, right? if not then i have to change something.

this was really easy for me to do. it requires a lot of setup, but it should look good.

#14 ZebraStallion

ZebraStallion

Follower of Destiny

• Members

Posted 28 April 2008 - 08:26 PM

Link enters from the top, sorry. And really, I all want the fairy to do is play a string. If possible, it would be nice if the fairy could fly towards Link afterwards and then have Link warp. Link warping is mandatory, but the fairy flying towards Link is opional. icon_wink.gif

by the way, I really appreciate this. icon_wink.gif

#15 Master Maniac

Master Maniac

• Members

Posted 28 April 2008 - 10:46 PM

ah its no problem. its good practice and a good thing for me to do for now. plus i feel like helping out.

so you dont want the fairy to fly off the edge of the screen? i could do that...

and i seem to have hit a roadblock. it seems my script doesent want to work. i think i did something wrong though.

also, make sure the Item with an ID # of 255 isnt being used for anything. thats the dummy item that makes the cutscene only play through once. if that item is being used, then could you tell me another item youre not using? (i need the ID # and it can be a blank item. the item im giving is particularly useless except in cutscenes like this.)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users