Who here is rich? Share your story

• Please log in to reply
144 replies to this topic

#46 Mitsukara

Mitsukara

Ara?

• Members

Posted 30 July 2021 - 08:45 PM

Thus, richness and poorness do indeed divide society, but this division is met in something greater. Happiness and sadness. Lest we become rich through sacrifice of that in which we enjoy life, richness leads to nothing else but financial security.

"Everybody's born to compete as he chooses, but how can someone win if winning means that someone loses? [...] BA BO BEP BA BOBABADA BA BO BEP" - Scatman John
(Link)

• Rambly, The Satellite, Mitchfork and 3 others like this

#47 James24

James24

Adept

• Banned

Posted 30 July 2021 - 11:24 PM

TheManHimself - correct, capitalism is my religion ruled by a deity called the money-god.  With enough worship and study of the money-god's ways, he will make anyone rich.  I have believed in him my whole life ever since I was a poor child.  I became a businessman and now I am a business consultant and financial advisor.  My job is to help others fulfill their dreams of making it rich - and people pay good money for this.  And I would like to invest in your game if it is a type B game.

Zelda Classic might have many financial flaws and certainly its current predicament can be solved with money (see modular scripting).  But it does have one advantage over commercial games - you (the quest maker) can do WHATEVER you want.  Let that sink in, you have complete independence and can make WHATEVER you like as long as you disregard public opinion.  A commercial game developer is dependent on selling his game to the public and must cater to the public's taste.  A personal game developer must cater to his (very rich) master's taste and can't do whatever he likes.  These people are slaves who must do their master's bidding to make a living.

For those who are rich out there, perhaps you can find quest makers who share similar tastes (important!).  Pay them to make your quest for you.  ZC needs more quests.  This won't be some cheap $10 steam game.  Think about this.  $40 an hour for every hour spent making the quest.  If 700 hours are spent then that's $28,000 already.  What's $28,000 you say?  A small, tiny drop of water in your very large money ocean - intrinsically worthless and ultimately trivial.  Art is only for the rich.

• Anthus, Mitchfork, Shane and 4 others like this

#48 Mitchfork

Mitchfork

no fun. not ever.

• Members

Posted 30 July 2021 - 11:29 PM

"Everybody's born to compete as he chooses, but how can someone win if winning means that someone loses? [...] BA BO BEP BA BOBABADA BA BO BEP" - Scatman John
(Link)

if we simply had the courage to live in Scatman's World money would not divide us

• Rambly, Taco Chopper, Mitsukara and 2 others like this

#49 Rambly

Rambly

Hero of Time

• Members

Posted 30 July 2021 - 11:45 PM

Zelda Classic might have many financial flaws and certainly its current predicament can be solved with money (see modular scripting).  But it does have one advantage over commercial games - you (the quest maker) can do WHATEVER you want.  Let that sink in, you have complete independence and can make WHATEVER you like as long as you disregard public opinion.  A commercial game developer is dependent on selling his game to the public and must cater to the public's taste.  A personal game developer must cater to his (very rich) master's taste and can't do whatever he likes.  These people are slaves who must do their master's bidding to make a living.

so i was right about this being you living out your findom fetish fantasies. holy shit

My job is to help others fulfill their dreams of making it rich - and people pay good money for this.  And I would like to invest in your game if it is a type B game.

okay, fine. i will literally make your Type B game if you're willing to discuss pricing terms and what specifically you would want out of a project like this. i'll even do it on the (relative) cheap (i still expect to be compensated for good work, of course). i'm not joking and this isn't a troll, i'm being 100% serious.

Edited by Rambly, 30 July 2021 - 11:58 PM.

• Anthus, Mitchfork and SkyLizardGirl like this

#50 DarkFlameSheep

DarkFlameSheep

Vanice in DFS' heart

• Members

Posted 30 July 2021 - 11:54 PM

I became a businessman and now I am a business consultant and financial advisor.  My job is to help others fulfill their dreams of making it rich - and people pay good money for this.  And I would like to invest in your game if it is a type B game.

So now you can use a lot of money to establish your own game develop company, I hope your company will be successful.

Edited by DarkFlameSheep, 31 July 2021 - 12:08 AM.

• Rambly, coolgamer012345 and SkyLizardGirl like this

#51 Taco Chopper

Taco Chopper

protector of the darn forum

• Administrators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 30 July 2021 - 11:59 PM

if we simply had the courage to live in Scatman's World money would not divide us

well we cant cos hes dead

• Rambly, Mitchfork, SkyLizardGirl and 1 other like this

#52 Mitchfork

Mitchfork

no fun. not ever.

• Members

Posted 31 July 2021 - 12:04 AM

God cannot be killed in his heaven.

Do you think The Scatman can die in Scatman's World?

Think before you post.

• Rambly, Mitsukara and SkyLizardGirl like this

#53 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators

Posted 31 July 2021 - 12:09 AM

Why do people think I'm talking about paying for the quest?  Do I look like a rich person or something?

• Mitchfork and SkyLizardGirl like this

#54 coolgamer012345

coolgamer012345

🔸

• Members

Posted 31 July 2021 - 12:12 AM

you have to become the new scatman 8/

• SkyLizardGirl and PopMeRehehehehehe like this

#55 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 31 July 2021 - 12:20 AM

Two week Type B Quest contest? Is happenings?

• Shane and SkyLizardGirl like this

#56 Taco Chopper

Taco Chopper

protector of the darn forum

• Administrators

Posted 31 July 2021 - 12:23 AM

God cannot be killed in his heaven.

Do you think The Scatman can die in Scatman's World?

Think before you post.

ummmm have you never heard of the thing where you can DIE in your dreams and DIE in real life too  :blah:

therefore if scatman is DEAD in our world. then hes also dead in SCatmans World.  :nerd:

Checkmate That, Atheists.  :superevil:  :superevil:  :superevil:  :superevil:

:iceburn:

• SkyLizardGirl likes this

#57 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators

Posted 31 July 2021 - 12:25 AM

Two week Type B Quest contest? Is happenings?

The Z-Zone shall host! We shall become...B-Bone.

• Anthus and SkyLizardGirl like this

#58 Rambly

Rambly

Hero of Time

• Members

Posted 31 July 2021 - 12:30 AM

TBQOC

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

TBQOC Founded; Preparations Underway For Type B Quest Contest

CANON, Ga. -- The Type B Quest Olympics Committee (TBQOC, pronounced "tea bee cock") has been founded. Discussions are underway in preparing for the James24 OFFICIAL FIRST ANNUAL Type B Quest Olympics. The TBQOC is currently in the process of negotiating with interested venture capitalists to fund the project.

"This is the olympics," wrote Mitch, a senior Halfop working for the organization. "This has to be broadcast on primetime." Mitch confirmed that he's attempting to contact the Prime Minister of Australia for coordination.

One other senior official was quoted as saying "Feet".

More details will be released as events unfold.

• Anthus, Mitsukara, Mitchfork and 8 others like this

#59 Sheik

Sheik

Deified

• Members

Posted 31 July 2021 - 01:55 AM

holy shit
  • Rambly, Anthus, Mitsukara and 5 others like this

#60 Valerie

Valerie

Apprentice

• Members

Posted 31 July 2021 - 01:16 PM

I'm gonna figure out an easy cheap way to make gold, then I will make so much gold that the world economy will crash and there will be no more rich people!
  • Mitsukara and SkyLizardGirl like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users