Transparent Color

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Hergiswi

Hergiswi

don't look for me, i'm just a story you've been told

• Members

Posted 26 January 2005 - 02:32 PM

Ok. I realize that the transparent color (color 0) can be used for tiles as an extra color, so long as it's not on layers. But a question hit me earlier: Does it matter what color this transparent color is, if it's not being used in tiles? Because I've noticed that the most common colors are black and pink. I was wondering if there was any reasoning behind this.

Thanks. icon_biggrin.gif

#2 Radien

Radien

Courage

• Members

Posted 26 January 2005 - 04:43 PM

Yeah, the transparency color usually doesn't matter. But it matters for all combos on layer 0. That's the only layer that shows them, and sprites always omit it because they're above layer 0.

Personally? I hate seeing that godawful pink, whether it shows up in the quest or not. >_< Rather, I've color-coded CSets 6 through 11 with light colors in the transparency slot, which makes it easy to see at a glance which CSet I'm using. icon_razz.gif For instance, Pure CSet 7 is light blue, CSet 8 is light red (technically pink), and 11 is light lavender.

It's usually best to leave black as the transparency color for CSets 0 through 4, and maybe for CSet 5 depending on what you're using it for. icon_smile.gif

The exception to this would be Gameboy tilesets, where they usually use that wierd light tan as the transparency color -- part of a strange attempt to keep it "authentic." It's a good example of a case where it need not be black, even if it's the only example.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users