Causing something to happen with a block

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Radien

Radien

Courage

• Members

Posted 24 January 2005 - 03:06 AM

I've been thinking on this brainbuster for awhile now, and I haven't found a definite answer.

Here are two examples of things I might want to do with the idea:

1. A block is pushed onto an unmoving conveyor belt. The conveyor belt immediately starts up, carrying the block along with it. (I already know how to make a conveyor that carries blocks on it)

2. Link pushes a block into a pit, and the block is animated as falling down and disappearing.

...The problem is that having a block pushed onto a combo removes all flags from the combo that just got covered. Even if it didn't, having the "block trigger" flag on a combo means you can't put any other secret combos on it (and no, block trigger flags do nothing on layers 1 and 2).

And since combo cycling doesn't work on layers, I can't put a secret flag on top of the "dead" block. icon_shrug.gif

Here are some ideas I've had:

1. Put the "stair" coordinates right on top of the block trigger. Since it's not a flag, it WILL overwrite whatever was there. The problem is that the stairway will trigger from some events and not others. Still others will trigger the stairway "late" -- it is only there after you leave the screen and come back. (Yeah, I know it's wierd. icon_confused2.gif)

2. Somehow cause something to be layered on top of the block as soon as it hits the trigger, and then use a conveyor and a "Misc." item with a block tile set as its sprite to make it appear as though the block is "falling."

Does anyone have any suggestions that will help me remove more of my current limitations?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users