Help placing Special Item where I want it

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Nate

Nate

Magus

• Members

Posted 22 January 2005 - 10:38 PM

Hey guys, I have these caves in my quest with a guy in it that gives you a key, how do I set up where I want the special Item ---> key to appear? I have tried the item place thing but it always appears in the same place

#2 Lonemind

Lonemind

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 22 January 2005 - 10:49 PM

You could just make a regular room with a guy who speaks text in it then place an item in the room. icon_smile.gif

#3 Hergiswi

Hergiswi

don't look for me, i'm just a story you've been told

• Members

Posted 22 January 2005 - 10:56 PM

Sorry, but there isn't a way to change that. However, you can make it just an ordinary room with a guy talking, and then choose an item from the items menu.

#4 LinktheMaster

LinktheMaster

Hey Listen, Kid

• Members

Posted 23 January 2005 - 08:38 AM

icon_odd.gif
It's quite simple really. First, set the guy and the text. Then set the "Room Type" as special item. Then, below "Room Type", an option "Special Item" will appear. Select the item you want. You might have to set where the item will appear.

But, you don't want that do you? You want to pick up an item (say the sword in this example), and then you are capable of picking up the key... right? For that you will need to know events. For that try This

#5 Hergiswi

Hergiswi

don't look for me, i'm just a story you've been told

• Members

Posted 23 January 2005 - 10:41 AM

LTM, I think he was referring to the location of the special item in the room. icon_wink.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users