Jumping.

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 Zemious

Zemious

Magicite: Bahamut

• Members

Posted 08 January 2005 - 02:43 PM

When I look at the sprites for link in graphics, I see Jumping.
How do you get him to jump, or what keys?

#2 Ccc

Ccc

Adept

• Members

Posted 08 January 2005 - 02:48 PM

I don't think jumping has benn implminted yet, just the sprits.

#3 Exate

Exate

Deified

• Members

Posted 08 January 2005 - 04:10 PM

Nope, not implemented. The next ZC version will most likely have the Roc's feather for this. icon_smile.gif

#4 SwordOfSeals

SwordOfSeals

Peace now, food later

• Members

Posted 08 January 2005 - 05:41 PM

But what button to press and what space? I really wonder how it'll be done. I also hope Peguses Boots will also pop up icon_biggrin.gif ! What else? Gauntlets?

#5 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 08 January 2005 - 09:39 PM

QUOTE(SwordOfSeals @ Jan 8 2005, 05:41 PM)
But what button to press and what space? I really wonder how it'll be done. I also hope Peguses Boots will also pop up icon_biggrin.gif ! What else? Gauntlets?

I would assume it would be any other item, like the hammer, lens, super bombs, ... You would equip it, and when you press the button, Link would then do a near-perfect jump just like in Link's Awakening. I would assume that's the way it would work, anyway. icon_shrug.gif But what would we do about jumping on or over pots, and other things you can interact with? I suppose if they were solid, and weren't ladder, hookshot over, both, or direct warps, (We'd have to work that out.), you just couldn't jump over it. icon_shrug.gif

#6 Neppy

Neppy

Grand Overlord Empress

• Members

Posted 08 January 2005 - 10:10 PM

I was going to say the exact same thing, it would be an equipable item. I'm sure that is how it's planned out. Not really sure how else it could be done.

#7 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 08 January 2005 - 10:58 PM

Well, I suppose you COULD have it as a "wearable" item, similar to the ring, raft, wallet, magic key, magic book, shield, etc. When you walk up to a "jump" combo, you jump to the next available jump combo. ... Actually, this could initiate some Startropics-like jumping puzzles. icon_blink.gif .. Jumping from block to block even when they're right next to you. Whoah.

#8 Zemious

Zemious

• Members

Posted 09 January 2005 - 02:48 AM

Yeh, I think there will be a jump flag instead of a wearable item. Most likely because its alot more work to add in some extra buttons and such.

#9 Shoelace

Shoelace

The Shaman of Sexy!

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 09 January 2005 - 03:41 AM

I think the jumping can be an item used with the A button. It wouldn't be able to jump over the solid things except if it had the jump flag on it. That would be cool, I can see new puzzles already. icon_razz.gif

#10 Zemious

Zemious

• Members

Posted 09 January 2005 - 12:20 PM

When I am in ZQuest, I often see a tile that says "No Jump Zone", it reminds me of the "No Fly Zone" flag, can some one explain?

#11 Rambly

Rambly

Hero of Time

• Members

Posted 09 January 2005 - 12:45 PM

QUOTE(Zemious @ Jan 9 2005, 12:20 PM)
When I am in ZQuest, I often see a tile that says "No Jump Zone", it reminds me of the "No Fly Zone" flag, can some one explain?

I think it's for Tektites, which, of course, jump around. The no jump zone disallows Tektites to jump around on those tiles.

#12 Exate

Exate

Deified

• Members

Posted 09 January 2005 - 01:13 PM

That's odd... something might've messed up when processing your post, Ben. All your words are spaced far apart.

It most likely will be a B button item in the inventory screen, and imo, that's what I'd prefer. In the future, I'd like to see the feather, pegasus boots (mmmm... speed booster, *****), and as SOS mentioned, gauntlets... which could be used to actually pick up things.

#13 Sprotret

Sprotret

What do you mean I don't believe in god?

• Banned

Posted 19 January 2005 - 09:30 PM

I have gbcolor of link jumping but their no good zclassic i heard the next version will probolly have jumping.

#14 IaN

IaN

Warrior

• Members

Posted 20 January 2005 - 10:37 AM

QUOTE(Spiro @ Jan 19 2005, 11:00 PM)
I have gbcolor of link jumping but their no good zclassic i heard the next version will probolly have jumping.

Nope, not implemented. The next ZC version will most likely have the Roc's feather for this.

I don't think jumping has benn implminted yet, just the sprits.

I'm not mod, but please think before you post. The question was answered, not only twice, but almost two weeks ago. Not to mention the fact almost none of your posts are coherent. To make this post not so borderline rent-a-mod:

The problem with this will be that it will completely screw over old quests. It'd have to be a rule to allow Roc's Feather, or people will easily be able to jump over all kinds of things in earleir quests, and ruining them indefinately.

Edited by IaN, 20 January 2005 - 10:38 AM.

#15 SwordOfSeals

SwordOfSeals

Peace now, food later

• Members

Posted 20 January 2005 - 11:32 AM

From what I can tell, DN like to release things in trios, and by space, I meant in the sub-menu, but hey?

In light of the trio idea, this is why I say Roc's Feather, Pegasus Boots, and Gauntlets, but DN might think more about Cape, Staff, Ice Rod. Who knows?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users