Photo

What is your ZQ Special Skill?

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

Poll: What is your ZQ Special Skill?

What is your ZQ Special Skill?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Highsight

Highsight

Jake Wins

• Members

Posted 25 February 2005 - 10:41 AM

Do you have any ZQ Special Skills? Is there anything in perticuler that you can do that not many people can do? I feel that I am pretty good at setting up tricks but I am not too good at anything else. icon_smile.gif

#2 Fire Wizzrobe

Fire Wizzrobe

Master

• Members

Posted 25 February 2005 - 10:49 AM

Im good at making tiles and designing screens.

#3 speeddeamon

speeddeamon

Apprentice

• Members

Posted 25 February 2005 - 11:15 AM

I'm good at absolutely nothing in zq. Every time I make a quest or attempt to it turns out to be a complete disaster and/or it's too boring and everyone hates it.

#4 Tseng

Tseng

MMmmmmm Simpsonized

• Members

Posted 25 February 2005 - 11:33 AM

I wopuld have to say my special skill would be making my quest work, although that doesn't work all the time icon_eek.gif

#5 Highsight

Highsight

Jake Wins

• Members

Posted 25 February 2005 - 12:07 PM

DemonicGoblin: Heh I know what you mean. icon_razz.gif I screw up alot too making my quest work even thought it should work then I relize later that I did somthing wrong earlier and... well you get the point. icon_razz.gif

speeddeamon: The way I see it there is no such thing as a terriable quest. If you worked hard enough to make it then there is no way it can be terriable. However there is such a thing as a quest that needs work. What you should do is Revamp some of your quests. icon_wink.gif

#6 Valerie

Valerie

Apprentice

• Members

Posted 25 February 2005 - 12:35 PM

I think my special skill would be getting certain types of graphics into ZC, like real pics of people and things like this.

user posted image
user posted image

#7 Highsight

Highsight

Jake Wins

• Members

Posted 25 February 2005 - 12:44 PM

WHOA icon_blink.gif that looks great. Fantastic job but part of the background is purpleish and part is black. You might want to fix that. icon_razz.gif Otherwise wow nice job. icon_thumbsup.gif

#8 Valerie

Valerie

Apprentice

• Members

Posted 25 February 2005 - 01:14 PM

QUOTE(Linkman90 @ Feb 25 2005, 11:44 AM)
WHOA  icon_blink.gif that looks great.  Fantastic job but part of the background is purpleish and part is black.  You might want to fix that. icon_razz.gif  Otherwise wow nice job. icon_thumbsup.gif

I've never really been able to see the difference in the background color on this monitor. I did once try out the quest on a different computer and it was really noticeable. That screenshot is pretty old, and I have since fixed it in the quest.

#9 lasersquirrel

lasersquirrel

Sparkly Glimpse of Hope

• Members

Posted 25 February 2005 - 01:29 PM

I said tile making, because I make tons of animated items. One thing I would really like to be able to do is make all the weapon sprites fully animated (like, animating an arrow in all four directions), but zquest doesn't let you, yet.
For an example of my animations, look here (the 3rd entry is mine).

Edited by khazmodius, 25 February 2005 - 01:29 PM.

#10 Highsight

Highsight

Jake Wins

• Members

Posted 25 February 2005 - 01:47 PM

Well accually you can. You can go to Quest ----> Graphics ----> Sprites -----> Weapons/Misc. Then you can just set up the animation like you would in the items section. icon_biggrin.gif I have never tried it but I think that it would work.

Edited by Linkman90, 25 February 2005 - 01:47 PM.

#11 lasersquirrel

lasersquirrel

Sparkly Glimpse of Hope

• Members

Posted 25 February 2005 - 02:11 PM

No, you can't make an animated arrow, with a different animation in each direction. I've tried, and I'm fairly sure of this. If I'm wrong, though, and you figure out how, and show me, I'll, uh... give you a nut! A salted nut! icon_razz.gif Wait, no, I don't think Gmail lets you upload that type of file...

#12 Guest_Waddle dee (Guest)

Guest_Waddle dee (Guest)
  • Guests

Posted 25 February 2005 - 04:51 PM

I'm probably best at using the materials someone else has made to make good screens.

#13 skateboarder11

skateboarder11

Adept

• Members

Posted 25 February 2005 - 05:30 PM

Making a decent looking overworld, okay dungeons, great palettes, usable sprites, good recolors, halfway decent edits...

Meh, I'm not TOO good at ZQ, but I'm not real bad either icon_razz.gif

#14 link3505

link3505

Ancient

• Members

Posted 25 February 2005 - 06:08 PM

tiles. by far, tiles. my best work in ZC has been tiles so far. since I haven't put out any quests, I don't know about other things

I do like to think I'm good with coming with plots, or basic storylines, with twists here and there

#15 Radien

Radien

Courage

• Members

Posted 25 February 2005 - 06:57 PM

My specialty is making ZQuest crash. icon_slycool.gif

...Seriously though, I'd say "details," then "tricks," then "tile-making," in that order. "Details" is sometimes more of a compulsive habit than a skill, though. ;P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users